Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
    THANK YOU for noticing the important part! Might not be much by some people's standards, but for me, with my life, it was a lot. Were you at the chat, Sara?
    It IS a lot.

Most days I'm doing zero...and the days I get anything out it's 200-500 words (hardly ever right now). Maybe I need to clean my house and release myself from the distraction and distress...and then I would be able to think.

What chat??

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
    I've only just stumbled upon this thread and either at the best or worst time -
    *squee* KATE!!

I know Kate from around the forum...she's a lovely person.

That would more explain thoughts of wanting to tear your eyes out with a spoon or to go to therapy for showing poor judgement. Poorly written erotica is still poorly written. It makes me weep that she not only had such success with that tripe, but that she actually wrote--and got published--two more! I love erotica. I hate poorly written anything. **looks around furtively as she steps down from soap-box**
    Oh I'm with you. Not that I write erotica, but I don't have a problem with it - like you said it's simply badly written. You may have seen this review already, but if you haven't, check it out - made my stomach hurt from laughing so much...
    Maybe a cinnamon bun will help
    Erotica is not my thing, but I'm with you on poorly written ANYTHING. I've seen that review before, and it is still hilarious.

Here's a cinnamon roll, Kate:
    cinn roll.jpg

...let me know if you need a dull spoon to gouge out your eyes from post-Shades trauma...
    sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Sorry, it was selene!
      sigpic
      Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
      Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Hah, yeah-totally slept through it. Still trying to track down a transcript l was promised with my registration.

Comment

That would more explain thoughts of wanting to tear your eyes out with a spoon or to go to therapy for showing poor judgement. Poorly written erotica is still poorly written. It makes me weep that she not only had such success with that tripe, but that she actually wrote--and got published--two more! I love erotica. I hate poorly written anything. **looks around furtively as she steps down from soap-box**
          http://www.bigskypublishing.com.au/L...hordetail.aspx

sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I tried to read the review/follow the link. The trouble is, I am at work, and the PC I'm using has blocked the review. And listed it as 'Offensive and Tasteless'...!

I'll have to read it when I get home.
            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
            To thy own self... Be true
            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
              Hah, yeah-totally slept through it. Still trying to track down a transcript l was promised with my registration.
              I just checked. Susan (the mod) doesn't have it up yet. If it's not up by next chat, shoot her a PM and I'm sure she'll get it. Go to "Forums", then scroll down to "Craft" and the chat transcripts should be there.

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
              I tried to read the review/follow the link. The trouble is, I am at work, and the PC I'm using has blocked the review. And listed it as 'Offensive and Tasteless'...!

I'll have to read it when I get home.
              I almost fell off my chair reading those two lines together. The article that Kate gave the link to WILL have you uncontrollably giggling, so perhaps it's better at home. Hubby & the teen kept asking me what was so funny. I couldn't speak--just pointed to the laptop when they came in.

I liked the author's "play on words" with the name and the titles and the author name DOES seem appropriate.

Of course, like all authors in the romance genre, if there’s a buck to be made he’ll happily write another book – even if some characters have to be brought back from the dead

This was the only line that I didn't care for in this article--as though romance authors are the only ones who like getting paid for their work. You'd never see Clive Cussler write more than one book based around one character--oh, wait. You'd never see more than one book based on intelligent robots by Isaac Asimov--shoot, I guess you would. Well, what about movies? You'd never see a follow up to Twilight (if only), or a Shrek 2 or another Star Wars movie--oh, wait. Maybe we need to move out of the arts--construction workers; when they finish one house, they're done working, right? Forever? Maybe not. Now I admit, the soap-opera-esque "evil twin" thing does happen now and again, but to claim that ALL romance authors write this way is--well, it's insulting. Dang it! Who keeps putting that stupid soap box there?!
              sigpic
              Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
              Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                Princess has been reading too much 50 shades...........
                I hate anything to do with twifail, including 50 shades. so no I was not reading that

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Soap Box...!
                  I wondered what it was that I nearly tripped over.
                  As for 'Twilight'... A friend of mine has asked me to go and see 'Breaking Dawn' part 2 with her. She asked me knowing that I'm not a fan of Twilight... :: Gulps :: She said she just wants someone to go with.

Comment

Oh I'm with you. Not that I write erotica, but I don't have a problem with it - like you said it's simply badly written. You may have seen this review already, but if you haven't, check it out - made my stomach hurt from laughing so much...

I couldn't stop giggling and snorting when I read that (and the others she made of the sequels) last night! Thanks for sharing!
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

And a Coke, don't forget the Coke!! Cinnabun and a LARGE Coke, INSTANT ENERGY!!! *bounces off the walls*

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Soap Box...!
                        I wondered what it was that I nearly tripped over.
                        As for 'Twilight'... A friend of mine has asked me to go and see 'Breaking Dawn' part 2 with her. She asked me knowing that I'm not a fan of Twilight... :: Gulps :: She said she just wants someone to go with.
                        You could always nap...?

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                        And a Coke, don't forget the Coke!! Cinnabun and a LARGE Coke, INSTANT ENERGY!!! *bounces off the walls*
                        I used to go for the instant energy fixes. Then I discovered something--my birth certificate. Says I'm a lot older than I feel some days (which would be a frightening concept on other days), so I think I'll take naps instead. Yup, I'm getting old.

I just noticed a trend--the word "nap" is both of my responses. I got a good night's sleep... Ah, well. Maybe I'll understand it better after a nap.
                        sigpic

Comment

Nap...? Nap...!
                          I wouldn't dare take a nap. As I have been told that I snore...

Comment

Nap...? Nap...!
                            I wouldn't dare take a nap. As I have been told that I snore...
                            *has been told she snores, swears she has not,*

In fact I was told to "wake up and go to sleep, your snoring is loud enough to wake the dead!" and I replied "NO!! I do not snore!! I stayed up oncce all night to see if I snored, and I din't!" then I went to sleep and my husband swears I snored on the spot

Comment

I have been told that when I snore... It's a soft and gentle snore...

Comment

:lol Once, when J was still nursing, I fell asleep with him on my chest. I woke up when I snored myself awake, scaring baby J in the process. Since then, I have been unable to declare that I do not snore...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X