No announcement yet.

Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a course I wanted to take on Savvy Authors, one specifically geared towards NaNo writers, but I was had to wait til my paycheck hit in order to register. Paycheck hit, but now I've waited too long to register-- "registration now closed".

*sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
      There was a course I wanted to take on Savvy Authors, one specifically geared towards NaNo writers, but I was had to wait til my paycheck hit in order to register. Paycheck hit, but now I've waited too long to register-- "registration now closed".

*sigh*
      I was going to take that one, too, but have been so busy and the last two courses I've taken, I've not been able to participate in.

**sigh, too**
      sigpic
      Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
      Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

I haven't been around very much but I have been writing, thankfully. I'm working on three chapters simultaneously. It's one of the things that's keeping me sane right now. My workplace situation has been high drama as of late and it culminated with one of my co-workers quitting less than a week ago. To top it all off, I just found out another co-worker, who is a very good friend of mine, was fired literally about an hour ago. I am absolutely floored right now. I don't think I have ever felt so stunned, depressed, and angry before. Today has been an emotional rollercoaster.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
          I haven't been around very much but I have been writing, thankfully. I'm working on three chapters simultaneously. It's one of the things that's keeping me sane right now. My workplace situation has been high drama as of late and it culminated with one of my co-workers quitting less than a week ago. To top it all off, I just found out another co-worker, who is a very good friend of mine, was fired literally about an hour ago. I am absolutely floored right now. I don't think I have ever felt so stunned, depressed, and angry before. Today has been an emotional rollercoaster.
          {{HUGS}} Fuzz. Sorry to hear about the maelstrom.
          sigpic
          Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
          Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Try adding another three chapters to that, {I've gone as many as six chapters writing plus another three editing all at once!}

Shame though you lost some fellow workers.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
            "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
            "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Ontop of that, my spacebar on my laptop is busted, it works 50/50, I have to hit it dead in the center for it to work like normal....

And the worst part; it started this problem RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF CHAPTER 27 OF PROJECT ONE SERIES >.<

I am not very happy at this moment....

I thankfully have a backup USB keyboard, personally, prefer wireless....

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                {{HUGS}} Fuzz. Sorry to hear about the maelstrom.
                *hugs back* Thank you. It's been crazy. I haven't been sleeping well for the past 8 days and today's news was the worst of it. There's a light at the end of the tunnel though--a former boss is giving me a recommendation.

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                Try adding another three chapters to that, {I've gone as many as six chapters writing plus another three editing all at once!}

Shame though you lost some fellow workers.
                Yep, hearing this happen to a good friend was infuriating and saddening. Insomnia issues abound now.
                sigpic

Comment

I do beta-work... does that count as writing?

My muse has gone AWOL - I don't blame her, though. I would too if I could.

However, I have to work on an animatic so I'd like her to come back so we can floor our idiot of a classmate who made fun of my project.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I get that -it's surprizing you CAN write under the circumstances. {{hugs CF}}
                    sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Just over 500 words yesterday to dirty up a perfectly clean page. YAY! And we got the garage clean.
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks to Lindsey Stirling's violin I just managed to squeeze out 1,447 words - almost 3 full pages of text. Oh yeah...
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Heh, all I have been doing is listening to Daft Punk's Alive 2007 concert CD, managed to knock out exactly 300 words out of my desired 5000, and most of them were edits to preceedding and following chapters to what I am working on now

Comment

That weird moment when you have only the story title, and chapter number and title, in the page before you and you suddenly think 'Smeg, I forgot about this feeling!' the feeling of blank 'paper', no lines, nothing, just WAITING to get written on. Because most of the work you have been doing is really just adding personal notes to scenes already written on script!!

And then suddenly, your mind goes 'what's this button do ?' and your music* is suddenly loud enough to wake the dead on Mars!

I love my job!

*by music I mean loud explosions for production related work.

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                              I get that -it's surprizing you CAN write under the circumstances. {{hugs CF}}
                              *hugs back* Thank you for the hug. Thankfully, this real-life drama with my friend has a good ending for him and for me.

The day after my friend was fired, there was a big staff meeting in the main ranger office. After the meeting, we were called individually to talk to two people. "Talk" is the wrong word. It was a bloody interrogation; 1 hour 20 minutes of how they didn't like you, your job performance, or the people you were associating with at work, how you weren't handling the stress, and the ultimatum of "you don't have to be here." Classic double-teaming cowardice.

I guess I'm just a bit of a hardcase with them. They think I have too much backbone.

With my friend who was fired, he has a legitimate grievance and a lawyer has investigated his case to see if our employers have violated California labor laws and practices. The lawyer has stated my friend has a very legitimate case so the lawsuit will move forward. Very likely, I wil be one of the witnesses.

I outmaneuvered and flabbergasted the bosses by submitting my resignation. I wasn't going to stick around and give them the opportunity or the satisfaction of firing me, so I quit before any of that could happen. I can hold my head high with this exit because I left an emotionally toxic workplace because I chose to; I left on my terms and not theirs. Now that my almost 4 years of work is coming to an end, I can look back proudly and honestly say that I was one of the good guys in a place that was lacking integrity. I did not betray friends and co-workers for career advancement. I did not stab people in the back to get ahead. I stayed true to myself and my principles. I was and still am one of the good guys.

And you can bet this real-life drama is going to make for some excellent writing material.
                              sigpic

Comment

Good for you, Fuzz! Keep us updated on your further adventures. What a bunch of...**PG-13 site** Unbelievable how people "in charge" think that their position gives them the right to berate others so harshly.

As for working for a place that lacked integrity--been there, done that, threw the stinkin' T-shirt away. Didn't know my boss was playing fast and loose at first--I tend to see the good in people, so it takes me a while to realize they're being dishonest. When I began to suspect, I started having panic attacks, attacks that woke me far too early, kept me up late, etc. When I was presented with cold, hard evidence--with my name attached to it--I quit and let my boss keep the money from the contract I was working on. Hubby wanted to go after her, but I'm ashamed to say that I just wanted to be quit from the whole thing and never lay eyes on her again. Since that time, I've never had a panic attack over anything ethical to do with work.

Princess A: Know that feeling--the blank page feeling. Just had it recently. I had an idea, but no idea, if you know what I mean. The idea was very nebulous and then it began to form and coalesce, like it was being beamed in with an Asgard device. Then, I sat down to write, staring at the white "paper" of my Word screen, with nothing on it save that blinking cursor. I closed my eyes and Wit began talking. I transcribed. It's such a relief to have something to work with now.

I like the idea of using the music, FH. I actually wrote a blog about musical inspiration a while back. Unfortunately, my earphones are broken and I can't find the pair I just bought. If I can find time to write during the day, it's not a problem, but if I write in the afternoon or evening when my boys are all home, that's another story. Unless I lock myself in the bedroom. And even then, I'm trying to find a playlist for a space western. Hmmm...wonder if You Tube has some Firefly music (even though my story is not at all like FF, the music might suit).

ETA: Found the earphones!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X