Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
    Winning constantly is pretty unrealistic, especially in a war. In the storyline I've got set up, there are pyrrhic victories and flat-out losses that really hammer the characters.

The four main characters in DW trilogy I'm writing all have special talents and unique back stories. The four of them together, once they realize who they really are and what they can really do, are immensely powerful. But even they have their limits. Near the climax of The Silent Storm, they encounter the most powerful servants of their enemy and have a bunch of genuine "Oh ****!" moments.
    Indeed it is, winning so much alos gets boring. Lake wins and loses. In many cases she forces a draw and then respects the other party. But the minute she gets a PV {Personal Vandetta} all bets are off.

In other words, she's going to go Full Circle in my story.... poor girl

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
      I've just heard on the news here in the UK that a 'State of Emergency' has been declared for Florida, Louisiana etc.
      LA's fixin' to get hit again. We got lots of rain and some flooding here in Florida--might be different in Tampa and the Panhandle, though. The problem is, when these hurricanes get into the Gulf, the warm water and lack of any land to slow them adds to their strength and speed.
      sigpic
      Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
      Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
        Ah, glad to see others here are fans of Robin of Sherwood. The moment I saw the series available on DVD, I grabbed it as I hadn't seen the show in about 20 years. I didn't realize how much I missed it until I saw the opening credits for the first episode. Definitely brought back some good memories.
        That was my first exposure to Clannad; they and Enya have become favorites of mine since.
        sigpic
        Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
        Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
          I like 'em too...

With tartar sauce.
          Would try the cat thing, but then there's hubby's allergies to deal with. And I simply could not misuse a book so! I do have trigger-happy boys with airsoft guns, though... For next time, that is; last night, I finally fell asleep from sheer exhaustion.
          sigpic

Comment

Last night, I got woken up at 1am because some idiot slammed in my parked car on his way down the street.

I would have slept through the whole thing, except my mother is a nurse and thereby highly attuned to sounds of potential emergency, so she was up as soon as she heard it happen. Turns out some guy hit the right rear fender of my car, careened into the side of a car on the opposite side of the street, and then kept going down into the cul-de-sac.

He would've tried to leave, except that my neighbors are used to crashes and were already responding. They and my parents stopped the driver on his way out of the cul-de-sac. He was obviously impaired, in some way, and when the cops came we could hear him whining "I didn't do anything!"

So now I get to spend my day off negotiating an insurance claim. Oy. Wish me luck!!

Comment

Or you could go out there with a very large book and just smoosh the thing. Then you wouldn't have to deal with the aftereffects of digested frog. Cuz you know that's gotta wreak havoc with a pet's gastrointestinal system...
              Baseball bat... or something similar. In case of the bat, you'd be playing Basefrog bat..

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
              Would try the cat thing, but then there's hubby's allergies to deal with. And I simply could not misuse a book so! I do have trigger-happy boys with airsoft guns, though... For next time, that is; last night, I finally fell asleep from sheer exhaustion.
              We shot a coke can once to see how powerful our airsoft P90's were... the can never recovered. So, poor frog...

You could also catch the frog and UPS it to the neighbors three streets away.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Baseball bat... or something similar. In case of the bat, you'd be playing Basefrog bat..

We shot a coke can once to see how powerful our airsoft P90's were... the can never recovered. So, poor frog...

I like option three here, that way Kermit just moves down a block instead of getting peppered with bullets... but then t his is FLORIDA we are talking about, even the DEAD are armed down there!!

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Last night, I got woken up at 1am because some idiot slammed in my parked car on his way down the street.

I would have slept through the whole thing, except my mother is a nurse and thereby highly attuned to sounds of potential emergency, so she was up as soon as she heard it happen. Turns out some guy hit the right rear fender of my car, careened into the side of a car on the opposite side of the street, and then kept going down into the cul-de-sac.

He would've tried to leave, except that my neighbors are used to crashes and were already responding. They and my parents stopped the driver on his way out of the cul-de-sac. He was obviously impaired, in some way, and when the cops came we could hear him whining "I didn't do anything!"

So now I get to spend my day off negotiating an insurance claim. Oy. Wish me luck!!
                  Good luck, hunny!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

My kids have been shot in the leg, the arm, the back, the chest, the abdomen, the face, once one got it in the mouth (that was a trip to the dentist!)--yeah, with the gas blowbacks in particular, there's plenty of power to spare.

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                  I like option three here, that way Kermit just moves down a block instead of getting peppered with bullets... but then t his is FLORIDA we are talking about, even the DEAD are armed down there!!
                  Too true. I live in the state of weird and unusual. I just heard a story on the news that about 100 dead bodies were found in a storage unit in the Panhandle. Turns out they were "used" cadavers from private autopsies. And I thought hubby was bad about throwing things we don't need anymore out...
                  sigpic

Comment

Too true. I live in the state of weird and unusual. I just heard a story on the news that about 100 dead bodies were found in a storage unit in the Panhandle. Turns out they were "used" cadavers from private autopsies. And I thought hubby was bad about throwing things we don't need anymore out...
                    Whiskey, tango, foxtrot... On second thought, never mind. I don't even want to know.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                    sigpic
                    now also appearing on DeviantArt
                    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Oh my! The most interesting (and harrowing) things happen to you! Good luck {{hugs}}
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                        Whiskey, tango, foxtrot... On second thought, never mind. I don't even want to know.
                        I used to think NYC was weird, being a CT country bumpkin, but FL takes the cake sometimes...
                        sigpic

Comment

I think I heard the same story; Unless.... did any of those bodies have automatic weapons and weigh as much as a Buick ?

*is in a goofy mood*

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                            I think I heard the same story; Unless.... did any of those bodies have automatic weapons and weigh as much as a Buick ?

*is in a goofy mood*
                            No. The zombie apocalypse is beginning in Miami.
                            sigpic

Comment

O_o

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                              What she said...
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

No. The zombie apocalypse is beginning in Miami.
                                If you mean the Bath Salts drug thing, yeah heard about that already. by weighing as much as a buick there is good reason for that; all those cruise ships and their buffets.....

Comment

Working...
                                X