Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
    It's mind over matter: if you really don't mind, it really don't matter.
    Sorry -just a little puckish fun.
    Swede, Swede, Swede!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      Yeah, that is what I was talking about.
      However, I find the second question far more interesting
      It matters if we're talking about history, or things related to actual history. If we're talking solely about what makes a good rollicking story, then either one has its own distinct merit.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
      sigpic
      now also appearing on DeviantArt
      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Swede, Swede, Swede!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        You rang?

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
        Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
          To complicate matters even further, there were also hard stirrups made out of bent or carven wood.
          True. Like I said, Connecticut...

Spoiler:
          Mom's dementia has gotten even worse. She may not be in this house next year at this time.
          Last edited by Whytewytch; 13 August 2012, 06:40 PM.
          sigpic
          Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
          Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

You rang?

You look NOTHING like this:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2YZ1GeRHnY

sigpic

Comment

It matters if we're talking about history, or things related to actual history. If we're talking solely about what makes a good rollicking story, then either one has its own distinct merit.
              IIRC, there is not enough historical evidence for *either* version is there?
              sigpic

Comment

IIRC, there is not enough historical evidence for *either* version is there?
                Huh? Actually, there is quite a lot of historical evidence for the existence of someone (or possibly multiple someones) who fit the basic mold of the original tales. The later version with Knights of the Round Table and all that is essentially fiction, but the early-period leader has his basis in what at least appears to be a kernel of fact. Not necessarily mentioned by name in the accounts to which he would be contemporary, he nevertheless appears to have existed in some form, perhaps as a composite of multiple military leaders.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Huh? Actually, there is quite a lot of historical evidence for the existence of someone (or possibly multiple someones) who fit the basic mold of the original tales. The later version with Knights of the Round Table and all that is essentially fiction, but the early-period leader has his basis in what at least appears to be a kernel of fact.
                  This is what I mean, we have *some* Idea, much like we have *some* idea about Robin Hood/Hoad, yet the information could be an amalgam of many people.

But WHICH is more important to "us" as people, the "truth" of Arthur or Robin, or the IDEAL of what they now represent.
                  sigpic

Comment

A writer friend sent me a link to this today with a note saying I'd recognize a very familiar tip from our creative writing professor. I did recognize that one along with a couple other she snuck in. In any event, it's all wonderful advice for writers.

Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

I enjoyed reading the tips, particularly the ones from authors I enjoy reading.
                      Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Why do my beta's always disappear on me?

Djeez... ... Is it something I wrote?
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Why do my beta's always disappear on me?

Djeez... ... Is it something I wrote?
                          I had that same problem for a long time. It took years to find a couple of people that would stick with me.
                          Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post
                            A writer friend sent me a link to this today with a note saying I'd recognize a very familiar tip from our creative writing professor. I did recognize that one along with a couple other she snuck in. In any event, it's all wonderful advice for writers.

I loved #3 and #s 28, 29, & 30.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                            Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Thank you for posting the link. I enjoyed reading the comments and tips.
                              "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                              Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                              Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                              Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                              I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                              To thy own self... Be true
                              May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

It is a very sad thing when you somehow contract the desiease Writers Block, you want to write, your must wants to write, but your brain in the Gobi Desert somewhere, then when it goes away, you got then ENORMUS backlog of ideas, scenes, and writing you JUST GOTTA WRITE DOWN, but by time the desiase goes away, it is too late, not enough time to write it all down, so there for, you loose sleep.

I hate that desiease

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X