No announcement yet.

Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a suggestion: could be a thread to post links for fiction press? A thread to link to original work?

Just wondering.
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
      I have a suggestion: could be a thread to post links for fiction press? A thread to link to original work?
      You mean open a thread here to link to original works... sure why not. No guarantee there will be people reading it, but that's no different than fanfiction linked here.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        SWEET!! And so cool...
        Only problem is that he gets inspired by watching some pretty weird movies {for example, he did want to make a Fast and the Furious/Transformers/Stargate crossover. but thankfully I managed to get him off that!}

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Speed, combined with awesome cars/trucks... and a Stargate.

*thinks*

There's an odd combination, though I must add I have wanted to do a Fast & Furious/Stargate cross-over myself once, in which Goa'uld technology made it onto the streets and into the races.

Comment

Crossovers. Cool...
            I have a idea for a Stargate/Wonder Woman crossover. Which ties in with a fic I have in the works at the moment.
            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
            To thy own self... Be true
            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Speed, combined with awesome cars/trucks... and a Stargate.

*thinks*

There's an odd combination, though I must add I have wanted to do a Fast & Furious/Stargate cross-over myself once, in which Goa'uld technology made it onto the streets and into the races.
              Actually it is

Speed +
              Aliens +
              Stargate =
              Insanity extreme

However, I managed to get Jake onto something else instead after watching Bourne Trilogy, which is more or less a Ultimainum type thing, more or less a thriller with a lot of deadmen

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

stargate and Iron Man...lol...watch Tony Stark hit on Carter.
                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                  stargate and Iron Man...lol...watch Tony Stark hit on Carter.
                  Somehow I can see that.... A lot

Comment

Have you ever laid down to go to sleep and had a break through on a story after having writers block for days. My muse decided to let me become sleep deprived but at least I've finally gotten over my writers block after a week of nothing but crumpled notes and pulled hair. Sorry lol it feels good to vent now to try and get some sleep!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Many, many, many times... though stress has prevented me from being creative, until now... the end of my holiday is near and I'm finally kicking back into gear. Or should I say my muse is getting into gear.

I wrote a WWII AU a while ago which I always intended to expand on, but never managed to do so, until yesterday. Started with research on the deportation of Jews in France and thus begins a new chapter.

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
                        Have you ever laid down to go to sleep and had a break through on a story after having writers block for days. My muse decided to let me become sleep deprived but at least I've finally gotten over my writers block after a week of nothing but crumpled notes and pulled hair. Sorry lol it feels good to vent now to try and get some sleep!!
                        Often. Not lately, but often. Work and other RL issues have been interfering with my creativity of late. Last time I had time/energy to write was last Saturday night and my eyes were watering horribly as I looked at the screen. Only got in 249 words before I had to give up. Glad you are getting some writing done--hope I join you soon!
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                        Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Like others here, I'm finding life to be rather too stressful and busy to do much in the way of writing - unless that writing happens to be emails to my boss asking for stationery and paperwork or handing over a list of learners who need to be removed from the system. And we've got a mandatory staff training day next Friday...

At the rare times that I have been feeling like writing or at least thinking about writing, I've been focusing on my original work rather than fan fiction - I've got a few logistical problems to solve for the universe I've created to make it plausible (I like to get the details right) but I'm feeling much better about it now.
                          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Real life for me has got in the way. I'm getting my rough ideas down in my 'Ideas Book' but that is about it for my writing at the moment.
                            Last edited by Starfist; 03 August 2012, 12:46 PM. Reason: Spotted a typo
                            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                            To thy own self... Be true
                            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
                              Yes, many many times, it is worse when you are taking a shower and have nowhere to write your notes >.< Sometimes my muse gets me in the weirdiest of times. Like say in the middle of nowhere on a walk, in a bliizard, and I am suddenly thinking how one of my MC's would react to the blizzard, and then I scold my muse for getting me into trouble because at the same time of the blizzard I spook six cops because they think I'm a ghost from the storm.

Comment

I watched Brave at the cinema tonight.

For the better part of the first half, and then some, I sat staring with my mouth wide open at the awesome animation especially the hair.

Then apparently my muse found it a good idea to poke me about the original idea I'm running around with - albeit nothing too concrete.

And then some more staring... and it fired up my 3D-side again too. I have so much to learn before I can even dream about animating anything like this. Actually, probably not in my lifetime...

Much love for this film!

Comment

Working...
                                X