• Show
Clear All

Classic literary references FTW!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
    sigpic
    now also appearing on DeviantArt
    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
      Classic literary references FTW!
      sigpic
      Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
      Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

I read far too much
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          I do have the occasional flash of plot, but it is a little thing that affects me. A slight disorder of the stomach makes it cheat. It may be an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of an underdone potato. There's more of gravy than of grave about you, whatever you are!!!

Ah, Dickens. Not quoted oft enough.
          Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

I read far too much
            Surely, there's no such thing!

Comment

I read far too much
              Next you'll be telling us you have a perpetual motion machine in your garage.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
              Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
              sigpic
              now also appearing on DeviantArt
              Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post
                Ah, Dickens. Not quoted oft enough.
                I must admit I am not a huge fan of Dickens, but every peice of work has a line, a phrase that resonates on some kind of level with us does it not?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                  Next you'll be telling us you have a perpetual motion machine in your garage.

No, just in my head. Probably why I sleep so badly
                  sigpic

Comment

I must admit I am not a huge fan of Dickens, but every peice of work has a line, a phrase that resonates on some kind of level with us does it not?
                    I'm not a Dickens fan either, but he did have a way of turning a phrase. Personally, I'm more apt to quote Vonnegut.

Comment

Surely, there's no such thing!
                      I do read an aweful lot...........
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm not a Dickens fan either, but he did have a way of turning a phrase. Personally, I'm more apt to quote Vonnegut.
                        He did, didn't he
                        sigpic

Comment

I do have the occasional flash of plot, but it is a little thing that affects me. A slight disorder of the stomach makes it cheat. It may be an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of an underdone potato. There's more of gravy than of grave about you, whatever you are!!!

Bwahahah!!! Excellent reference, sir! Well done!

Comment

Not true. I don't recall any quotes from Twilight. Vague, sparkly shapes, sure... but not any actual words.

Though a quote from my friend-- who was actually describing the third of the new Star Wars installments at the time-- sticks out in my mind. His version of Padme-to-Anakin on the lava planet: "But, Ani! My love for you is like a loving river of loving love! I love you!"

Hah. How apt.

But, if you were intending to specify that literature has quotes/lines that resonate with us, then yes. Most literature resonates on some level for me. And I italicize literature because this literature is the pretentious kind of literature.

Oh, goodness, it must be late if I'm rambling this bad...

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                              Not true. I don't recall any quotes from Twilight. Vague, sparkly shapes, sure... but not any actual words.
                              To be fair, even I stopped 56 pages into Twilight, it's been one of the few books I can remember that has stopped me from continuing reading. However, if it did not contain *something*, I doubt it would have succeeded the way it did.

Though a quote from my friend-- who was actually describing the third of the new Star Wars installments at the time-- sticks out in my mind. His version of Padme-to-Anakin on the lava planet: "But, Ani! My love for you is like a loving river of loving love! I love you!"
                              I prefer Clerks.
                              "My love, is like a truck BESERKER!!"

But, if you were intending to specify that literature has quotes/lines that resonate with us, then yes. Most literature resonates on some level for me. And I italicize literature because this literature is the pretentious kind of literature.

Oh, goodness, it must be late if I'm rambling this bad...
                              Yes, I mean Literature. Many things I personally dislike have value to people, but that does not mean that thier perception has no value either. I love Shakespeare, yet many people do not. I enjoy "gothic horror" yet many would dismiss it as "hack work".
                              It's all based on perception.
                              sigpic

Comment

I have no plot, I seem to have misplaced it years ago
                                I do not mean funeral plot there Gatefan

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X