No announcement yet.

Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy Hannah. Milestone has just been reached-- I just posted the final chapter of a fic I started back in 2009. It was a fic that went on multiple hiatuses (hiat-i?) because of summers where I was in training without access to internet, when I got distracted by SG-1, lost my NCIS muse, etc.

It's done. Fini. Finito. DONE!

*happy dance*

Comment

Congrats!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
      sigpic
      now also appearing on DeviantArt
      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
        Congrats!
        Thanks!

Comment

*applauds*

Well done!
          Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
            Holy Hannah. Milestone has just been reached-- I just posted the final chapter of a fic I started back in 2009. It was a fic that went on multiple hiatuses (hiat-i?) because of summers where I was in training without access to internet, when I got distracted by SG-1, lost my NCIS muse, etc.

*happy dance*
            Excellent. Good job. Have some of your readers returned? And, more importantly, are you still satisfied with the beginning of the story now that you have 3 more years of experience?
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
              Excellent. Good job. Have some of your readers returned? And, more importantly, are you still satisfied with the beginning of the story now that you have 3 more years of experience?
              Heheheh... I dunno about readers yet, but there is a marked decrease in reviews. Which I completely am not griping about. I have neglected that story, and its readers, far longer than I should have, and any review I receive is more than I deserve.

I'm feeling very accomplished. Hee hee! And I'm super excited, because it means that I can focus on my SG-1 endeavors without a smidgen of guilt. This new fic I have going is gonna be a doozy. It's different from anything I've tried before, and it's one of those things that grips you until you manage to get it on paper. You know what I'm talking about?

It's the same feeling I had when I wrote Strangers on a Train. And I've already made a siggy ad for the fic. That's how I know it's gonna be awesome... Such a dork, I know...

Comment

Oh yeah, I think I know exactly what you're talking about... *eyes fanfic folder bursting at the seams with plot bunnies and notes*

I went to look through some of my plot brainstorming sessions to decide which fic was going to be my next one last night and of course I got totally carried away and had to stop myself when it was past one in the morning.
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Yay, selene! I felt that way with one of my fics a while back. I now have 2? 3? WIP that need my attention. We should be completely moved and back to a semblance of normal soon, plus school lets out in a little over a week. I think my muse may come back then.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                  Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                    Yay, selene! I felt that way with one of my fics a while back. I now have 2? 3? WIP that need my attention. We should be completely moved and back to a semblance of normal soon, plus school lets out in a little over a week. I think my muse may come back then.
                    I'm rooting for you! C'mon, Muse!

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                      My muse is somewhere, I do not know exactly where, but he is somewhere..... I have a WIP to complete {Project One series though might never actually be finished as a series}

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

*happy dance*
                        Congratulations on finishing! I can imagine how great that must feel.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm rooting for you! C'mon, Muse!
                          Thanks, selene! The sooner we get completely done with our move to our new home, the better. I think with all we have to do, she's afraid to come out and play. I'm starting to get glimmers, though.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                          Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Has anybody been affected by these so-called "Critics United" yet? They are going through ff.net, reporting stories that don't follow rules/guidelines to a "T" (is writing in 2nd-person actually against the rules, or is that BS?) and are bullying the authors. Here's a review of what's going on (not my tumblr):
                            http://moonblossom.tumblr.com/post/2...-of-stories-on

No doubt there are a lot of terrible fics on ff.net, but holy hell this is just crazy.

(sorry newbie here, hope this is an ok thread to post-feel free to let me know otherwise.)

Comment

Originally posted by Selj View Post
                              Has anybody been affected by these so-called "Critics United" yet? They are going through ff.net, reporting stories that don't follow rules/guidelines to a "T" (is writing in 2nd-person actually against the rules, or is that BS?) and are bullying the authors. Here's a review of what's going on (not my tumblr):

No doubt there are a lot of terrible fics on ff.net, but holy hell this is just crazy.

(sorry newbie here, hope this is an ok thread to post-feel free to let me know otherwise.)
                              There's been talk about this in the Sam/Jack Appreciation Thread because some of the authors/readers there know people to whom this has happened. I figured those stories were probably just reported by some readers but I had no idea there were a bunch of crazies behind it!
                              On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Selj View Post

Thankfully not me, I've been moving all my stuff to DA anyhow.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X