Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
    Or this boot: [second choice]
    I'd pick this, looks about right to what magnus generally wears.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Here's a thought from a males perspective.

I'd also go with the second choice of boot. As has been said it is close to what Helen Magnus generally wears.
      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
      To thy own self... Be true
      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

All right, the tall one is a hit, so I'll get that one... but which of the shorter boots is better? I think the most recent one I posted is less masculine and more versatile, but the first one is almost straight out of Breach...

So hard to choose!

Comment

I like the first one better and think it's less masculine than the last one you mentioned. Also, the last one's nose curves upward instead of being flat on the ground and that usually only gets worse with shoes once you wear them. I tend to avoid shoes that need to be balanced on the floor and expect mine to be stable.
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

*whispers as not to scare the muse*

I had forgotten what it feels like to write... thanks in part to Two Steps From Hell and Immediate Music.

That's all...

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
              I like the first one better and think it's less masculine than the last one you mentioned. Also, the last one's nose curves upward instead of being flat on the ground and that usually only gets worse with shoes once you wear them. I tend to avoid shoes that need to be balanced on the floor and expect mine to be stable.
              I have decided to go with the first one for now. I might get the tall ones as well, since they're fairly cheap. The third pair can wait until my birthday or something.

Thanks for all your help, everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I had forgotten what it feels like to write... thanks in part to Two Steps From Hell and Immediate Music.

That's all...
                TOO LATE!!! My muse is spooked >.<

it is ok anyhow, am once again in burnout to begin with for the moment

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

That's all...
                  Ah, another TSFH fan! Excellent! I'm going to have to give Immediate Music a look.

I've only just started writing again after a few weeks off to recharge. It's going reasonably well so far.
                  And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                    Ah, another TSFH fan! Excellent!
                    Yup, yup... works very inspiring.

Comment

Yup, yup... works very inspiring.
                      right now I am actually listening to EPCOTs soundtrack to IllumiNations; Refelctions of Earth, its awesome!

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Immediate Music is pretty good.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                        Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                        sigpic
                        now also appearing on DeviantArt
                        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Last week the issue of grey characters was brought up briefly. I thought that this guide on character alignment was quite useful for defining the basis of certain characters.

I've never role-played myself but I thought the idea of discerning the alignment of written characters intriguing. For the main character in my fic, he's not Lawful Good, as many would expect from a deputy. In reality, he's Neutral Good most of the time and is very much Chaotic Good at certain moments. In fact, I would say that none of the protagonists I've written so far are actually Lawful Good. The Eleventh Doctor certainly isn't.

In great contrasts, all of the antagonists are either Neutral Evil or Chaotic Evil. In fact, the biggest antagonist in the story is Chaotic Evil.
                          Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 03 May 2012, 12:38 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                            Last week the issue of grey characters was brought up briefly. I thought that this guide on character alignment is quite useful for defining the basis of certain characters.

I've never role-played myself but I thought the idea of discerning the alignment of written characters is intriguing. For the main character in my fic, he's not Lawful Good, as many would expect from a deputy. In reality, he's Neutral Good most of the time and is very much Chaotic Good at certain moments. In fact, I would say that none of the protagonists I've written so far are actually Lawful Good. The Eleventh Doctor certainly isn't.

In great contrasts, all of the antagonists are either Neutral Evil or Chaotic Evil. In fact, the biggest antagonist in the story is Chaotic Evil.
                            Ah yes, Character alignment is a very good tool, It turns out , when I figured for some of my characters, on average, Most of them are chaotic neutral, only one of them is absolute Lawful Nuetral, and another is total absolute Lawful Good, all the rest are Chaotic Good or Chaotic Neutral, its a good tool to use though

Comment

I would say Sam is Lawful Good, though she strays towards Neutral Good as she gains more experience and learns more about herself and the universe she lives in.

Believe it or not, I think Jack is Neutral Good, rather than Chaotic Good. I thought he would be the Chaotic Good, but I realized that for all his flippancy and irreverent snark, his disregard for bureaucracy and certain authorities is more decisive than can be attributed to the Chaotic Good. I'd even say he's the enforcer of the balance that the wiki mentions. And he can cooperate with officials, but doesn't feel beholden to them, and can bend the rules when necessary. That's pretty much Jack in a nutshell...

Comment

I think I'd agree with that assessment of Jack.

I played D&D in high school and college, and nearly all of my characters were Chaotic Good, with the occasional Chaotic Neutral character thrown in for the sake of variety. In real life I tend to see myself as Chaotic Good, and I enjoy writing characters who fall into that category and also Neutral Good.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                                Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                                sigpic
                                now also appearing on DeviantArt
                                Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Working...
                                X