Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
    At least you've got a swallow, and not an ex-parrot.
    *snort*

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
    "One, two, five!"
    "Three sir!"
    "Three!"
    "And the Lord did grin, and people did feast upon the lambs, and sloths, and carp, and anchovies, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats..."
    sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
      "One, two, five!"
      "Three sir!"
      "Three!"
      "and that my lord is how we learned the earth to be banana shaped"

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

"Shut your festering gob, you tit! Your type really makes me puke, you vacuous, coffee-nosed, maloderous, pervert!!!"

"Look, I CAME HERE FOR AN ARGUMENT, I'm not going to just stand...!!"

"Oh, oh I'm sorry, but this is abuse."
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Alright; before the Spanish Inquisition gets here lets get back onto topic shall we ?

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

There's a topic?

Points for bringing in the Spanish Inquisition, though. Erm, wait, that didn't come out quite right...

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
            Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
            sigpic
            now also appearing on DeviantArt
            Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Points for bringing in the Spanish Inquisition, though. Erm, wait, that didn't come out quite right...
              Oh slag...... *hides*

Comment

Only here do I find a wealth of individuals able to have a conversation composed entirely of Monty Python. Sometimes, I feel I must have the wrong job if no one can understand my affection for fringe genres. (I know, not really fringe considering how many people like them-- and Stargate-- but in my office the others are "normal" and I'm just weird. )

And they don't get my humor. What's with that? Granted, it may be my delivery... But seriously. No one even grins when I deliver a solemn "Indeed." Totally wasted on them.

Comment

I hear you. Completely. Too many boring people in this world!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                  Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
                  Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                    Only here do I find a wealth of individuals able to have a conversation composed entirely of Monty Python. Sometimes, I feel I must have the wrong job if no one can understand my affection for fringe genres. (I know, not really fringe considering how many people like them-- and Stargate-- but in my office the others are "normal" and I'm just weird. )

And they don't get my humor. What's with that? Granted, it may be my delivery... But seriously. No one even grins when I deliver a solemn "Indeed." Totally wasted on them.
                    Well, this all depends on how you construct the joke....... No boys not now, we WERE expecting you...... If you want a big laugh from your readers, or maybe just perhaps a smile from your coworkers, try different appraches to it, For example the "indeed" its been over done, try it differently, more snappy, or more zany, or just say you're two dozen fries short of a Big Mac Meal and who knows who might laugh.

Or if you really want ot have fun go to an RV show {if they have one in your country} and look for the THORS RV company massive RV, listen to the guy showing it say about its amazing driving smoothness, then speak up and say that it also withstands Ori attacks! the guy will SMILE {trust me, I did it myself, the guy and I got into a disccussion regarding SG and the Asgard and if they ever even went camping!}

Comment

I hear you. Completely. Too many boring people in this world!
                      See my last post on how to fix

Comment

But no-one expects the Spanish Inquisition...!
                        :: Cue Dramatic music ::
                        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                        To thy own self... Be true
                        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                          Them again?

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                          Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                            Strange, I ythought I told you boys to wait in the other room, I was not expecting you guys until three PM, it is only noon......

Comment

Them again?
                              I think someone should ask

Originally posted by somebody totally random
                              What does it mean when there's a picture of Monty Python on the front
                              we reply "FUN THREAD"

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
                                hey im writing a fic about rush and the new galaxy and i wish to Join here can someone give me the rundown
                                Welcome to the thread.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X