Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
    Yeah, the castro's like that... with more flags... and neon spandex. In the daytime.

Maybe we can confuse aliens into leaving earth alone.

I just saw a man arguing with a wall. And he lost.

You didn't see the guy in a pink bodysuit and silver cape ride past on a unicycle.

This planet is insane

Why are there two walgreens on every block on this street?
    No, no... that really does sound like my suburb. Or at least parts of it. We've got more bars, churches, fetish shops, people being... unique in their fashion sense... It's a real interesting mix, all crammed together into this tiny strip of land between the lake and the interstate. And Walgreens! LOL

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
    sigpic
    now also appearing on DeviantArt
    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Yeah, the castro's like that... with more flags... and neon spandex. In the daytime.

Maybe we can confuse aliens into leaving earth alone.

I just saw a man arguing with a wall. And he lost.

You didn't see the guy in a pink bodysuit and silver cape ride past on a unicycle.

This planet is insane

Why are there two walgreens on every block on this street?
      Not the place you'd expect to feel odd holding hands with your girlfriend out in public. And yet...

*sigh*

We were faaaaaaar too normal for the Castro.
      Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
      Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
        Not the place you'd expect to feel odd holding hands with your girlfriend out in public. And yet...

*sigh*

We were faaaaaaar too normal for the Castro.
        You'd probably fit in perfectly here. My 'burb is a bit more sedate than the Castro. But definitely not the sort of place where same-sex couples would be out of place. We're actually known for being the suburb most attractive to the LGBT population. We're also one of the most ethnically-mixed ones, too. It's an interesting place to live, and quite nice.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
        Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
          You'd probably fit in perfectly here. My 'burb is a bit more sedate than the Castro. But definitely not the sort of place where same-sex couples would be out of place. We're actually known for being the suburb most attractive to the LGBT population. We're also one of the most ethnically-mixed ones, too. It's an interesting place to live, and quite nice.
          If they have good pizza and hot dogs, that's my dream neighborhood.
          Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

If they have good pizza and hot dogs, that's my dream neighborhood.
            We have great pizza, and at least one place that specializes in Chicago-style hot dogs and Italian beef sandwiches. Some pretty good Lebanese, Greek, Thai, and Vietnamese food, too.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
            Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

We have great pizza, and at least one place that specializes in Chicago-style hot dogs and Italian beef sandwiches. Some pretty good Lebanese, Greek, Thai, and Vietnamese food, too.
              Where IS this place?

PS: good night.

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Lakewood, Ohio. First inner-ring suburb west of the Cleveland city limits, right up against the lake. About a ten- or fifteen-minute drive from downtown Cleveland.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Ooh! Yes I like diverse. No offense to anyone, but it's a really big world and I get tired of only seeing white and black people with an occasional exception. I need more colors in my rainbow, dammit!
                  Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                  Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

I was in the grocery store the other day, and in five minutes I encountered people speaking four different foreign languages -- only one of them European -- and people in everything from an abaya and niqab to shorts and dreadlocks.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                    Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                      *Points to suit and tie that make me look like Castiel from Supernatural and clears throat*

Corporate/Retail computer sales here. Mac or PC I can answer any question you may have.

Compaq is one of the lower end consumer brands, but realistically as long as you don't abuse the thing it'll last a good while. Norton is garbage, you can get the same protection for free.

Stay away from Acer/HP/Compaq netbooks. They're slow as hell and last 2-3 years tops if you take very good care of them and avoid problem situations like mentioned above.

Asus and Toshiba netbooks are less likely to give you issues, but if you want a netbook sized tin of whoopass, Lenovo X120E is the cheapest thing next to a Macbook Air with great specs.
                      My son tells me the same thing. My Toshiba laptop is 4+ years old and doing fine. But when it needs to be replaced, I think I'm going with lenovo.

I was in the grocery store the other day, and in five minutes I encountered people speaking four different foreign languages -- only one of them European -- and people in everything from an abaya and niqab to shorts and dreadlocks.
                      My school is like that! We are small but very diverse!
                      Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I hate non-diversity. My high school was mostly whites and Asians who wanted to be white. Everyone else wanted to be white, too.

Boring.

Comment

This makes me miss Nashville. While not quite that diverse, you can get plenty of languages and certainly accents just being around. It's an interesting but not well known fact that the Nashville area was originally a meeting place of several tribes for sport and trade, and I think it still sends out that "gather here" energy. One of the local jokes is, "You're so Nashville if you've moved back here more than once." (Scroll down for the contenders.)

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                            Asus and Toshiba netbooks are less likely to give you issues, but if you want a netbook sized tin of whoopass, Lenovo X120E is the cheapest thing next to a Macbook Air with great specs.
                            Toshiba are built like tanks. My old Toshiba lasted for four years without a hitch, and it was a very "outgoing" laptop- it flew with me to Europe a few times and spent a lot of time out of the house on cafe tables and such. The battery died after three years, but that's a typical lifetime of any battery pretty much, nothing brand-specific). I had to replace it because the video card grew obsolete and didn't get driver updates anymore, so it started giving me issues.

(Note to self: when it comes to computers, always buy the very latest stuff).

My new laptop is a Packard Bell. Had it since December. The "hull" seems to get permanent spots if anything oily drips on it, but hardware wise, it works flawlessly and it's a pretty brilliant deal for the price. A Dell with the same stats would cost $300 or so more.
                            If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

I can't remember who said it, but someone mentioned that you simply can't take the water cooler thread off topic .... well i can still try right?

BTW: if you have a nervous disposition about that "helpful" paper clip: look away NOW!

Spoiler:

Best comment:
                              KILL IT WITH FIRE!
                              Looks like you`re trying to kill it with fire, would you like to wear protective clothings?
                              It looks like you are trying to kill yourself, would you like help with that?

-Yes, please pass me the cyanide
                              -No, but I’m taking you with me

Oh, and one for you tech heads out there
                              [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post

Oh, and one for you tech heads out there
                                Ah, the oatmeal! It buuuuurns! LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X