Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
    ...my Muse seems to wag its finger (or paw as I'm convinced my Muse takes the form of a wolf) when I think about such a course of action...
    You're lucky. I'm pretty sure my Muse is a petulant teenager.

"GOD! Leave me alone! I gave you an idea, like, three months ago? I have to do, like, everything round here - I hate you!" *slouches out of room and slams door*

Yeah, that about sums it up.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

My muse is... *looks around* ... *gets thwacked over the head with a 2-by-4 that leaves a write Myka/Helena NAOW mark* ... she's feisty. *runs*
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post

"GOD! Leave me alone! I gave you an idea, like, three months ago? I have to do, like, everything round here - I hate you!" *slouches out of room and slams door*

Ah teenagers are such a difficult bunch aren't they? Take away their car keys though and they get very compliant.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        My muse is... *looks around* ... *gets thwacked over the head with a 2-by-4 that leaves a write Myka/Helena NAOW mark* ... she's feisty. *runs*
        lately my muse has acted more like a bear than a wolf: Feed me. I have more ideas for you.
        sigpic

Comment

Mine seems to be primarily in the classical Greek form; likely one of the minor Muses whom I suspect may have come into being as proteges of the original nine (or three, or four, depending upon which version of the mythology you prefer). She enjoys playing dress-up, however, and will occasionally appear as though she were cosplaying some character (or at least an extra) in whatever project it is that she's trying to help me with.

It's quite amusing. And since she sometimes doubles as my costuming Muse, I suppose I ought to be glad that she's at least as visually creative as she is verbally.

I've never been quite certain as to the identities of the Muses who bring me music and non-wearable visual art. There seems to be some mystery involved there, and we haven't interacted all that much in recent years anyway.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
          Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
          sigpic
          now also appearing on DeviantArt
          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

lately my muse has acted more like a bear than a wolf: Feed me. I have more ideas for you.
            Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
            I've never been quite certain as to the identities of the Muses who bring me music and non-wearable visual art. There seems to be some mystery involved there, and we haven't interacted all that much in recent years anyway.
            Can I swap? Mine's being an active, yet cruel and sneaky, mistress at the moment.

She's like: "LOOK AT THE NEW SHINY THING!" distracting me from the OTHER 'stories' that need
            completing

... ....

Maybe we should start a support group?
            [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

*flinches* Whoa.... With a weapon like that, it'll flatten you Lemming!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                *flinches* Whoa.... With a weapon like that, it'll flatten you Lemming!
                Oh, and flatten me she does... *thwack*

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                  Mine seems to be primarily in the classical Greek form; likely one of the minor Muses whom I suspect may have come into being as proteges of the original nine (or three, or four, depending upon which version of the mythology you prefer). She enjoys playing dress-up, however, and will occasionally appear as though she were cosplaying some character (or at least an extra) in whatever project it is that she's trying to help me with.

It's quite amusing. And since she sometimes doubles as my costuming Muse, I suppose I ought to be glad that she's at least as visually creative as she is verbally.

You're lucky that your Muse is refined. Mine is... well I don't quite know how to describe it other than very primal and elemental. It doesn't like it when I'm later for our dinner.

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
                  Can I swap? Mine's being an active, yet cruel and sneaky, mistress at the moment.

She's like: "LOOK AT THE NEW SHINY THING!" distracting me from the OTHER 'stories' that need
                  completing

... ....

Muses Anonymous?

My Muse is very irritable about distractions. When I start distracting myself, it will bite me in a manner of speaking until I write.

Mine pulls some interesting tricks, such as giving me solid ideas when I'm the shower and then expecting me to dart over to my laptop right out of the shower or write it down somewhere. I even had an interesting idea for something when I was drinking water. The Muse likes its food and drink.
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, you're a Lemming, you bounce back from that with a pan of Princess Awinita's ENERGY CAKE..... Yes Kate you heard that right.... don't look at me like I need an oil change! LEMMING REQUIRES PERKING UP!!!!

If this post does not make sense, it means I am sleep typing

If you could read all of that, you do not need glasses

*Goes to dream some really spazzy Kitten loaded dreams*

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Mine pulls some interesting tricks, such as giving me solid ideas when I'm the shower and then expecting me to dart over to my laptop right out of the shower or write it down somewhere. I even had an interesting idea for something when I was drintking water. The Muse likes its food and drink.
                      Forget in the shower, what about foggy mirrors ? Once I wrote a whole scene on a foggy mirror, it only came back on the next sohwer, then I washed the mirror

Comment

[SIZE=1]Well, you're a Lemming, you bounce back from that with a pan of Princess Awinita's ENERGY CAKE..... Yes Kate you heard that right.... don't look at me like I need an oil change! LEMMING REQUIRES PERKING UP!!!!

Forget in the shower, what about foggy mirrors ? Once I wrote a whole scene on a foggy mirror, it only came back on the next sohwer, then I washed the mirror
                        I re-enacted an Underworld scene recently involving a foggy mirror... ...but instead of writing Viktor on it, I drew a smiley. And then I realized that stuff like that stays there until the mirror gets cleaned again... Sorry housemates!

Comment

I re-enacted an Underworld scene recently involving a foggy mirror... ...but instead of writing Viktor on it, I drew a smiley. And then I realized that stuff like that stays there until the mirror gets cleaned again... Sorry housemates!
                          One of my former housemates (or his girlfriend) once drew a heart with their initials on the wall in the bathroom (yes, they were very juvenile) and it didn't come off, not even after cleaning. Then they broke up and I wouldn't be surprised if the drawing still shows even now, years later...
                          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Painful!

Comment

Sealurk -

1) your keen observation of teenage angst is truly frightening (do you have teens of your own?...you seemed too young for that! LOL)

2) I laughed myself silly.

my Muse seems to wag its finger (or paw as I'm convinced my Muse takes the form of a wolf)
                              Very scary, because if you don't obey, your Muse can EAT you!!

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
                              completing
                              "Hello...my name is SaraB."
                              Group: Hello, SaraB.
                              "My muse is..." ::looks around nervously::"fine! My muse is fine!"
                              Group: ::tackles SaraB::
                              "I do...not...have...a problem!" ::flails::
                              Group: C'mon...admit it! Get that fickle harpie off your back!
                              *enter the muse, looking thunderous*
                              "Nooooooooooo!!!!!"

Mine pulls some interesting tricks, such as giving me solid ideas when I'm the shower and then expecting me to dart over to my laptop right out of the shower or write it down somewhere. I even had an interesting idea for something when I was drinking water. The Muse likes its food and drink.
                              Gah! Me, too! Usually I'm at work, and she dangles the carrot before my eyes, but I'm with a client and there is NO WAY I can break free to go jot something down. The usual punishment is complete amnesia when I can finally get to a pen and paper or a word document...

*Goes to dream some really spazzy Kitten loaded dreams*
                              I had a kitten dream a couple of nights ago...it was a rabid, undead kitten...

(I work at a veterinarian's office...such nightmares are a hazard of the job *sigh*)
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                                Sealurk -

1) your keen observation of teenage angst is truly frightening (do you have teens of your own?...you seemed too young for that! LOL)
                                Nope, no teens - no kids, no spouse, no girlfriend. That bit was just based on memory and a lot of television.

2) I laughed myself silly.
                                I aim to please.
                                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Working...
                                X