No announcement yet.

Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somehow, while trying to figure out plot bunnies for my SGA story, I got sucked back into an old fandom I found I still love. The problem is that it's distracting the hell out of me.
    Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

I walk to work. Since it only takes 5 minutes, there isn't much time to gather a thought!
      Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

My drive to work is about 25 minutes, just the perfect length to mull over the points of a chapter...

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
        Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
        sigpic
        now also appearing on DeviantArt
        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

My brain doesn't function until around 10 in the morning when I drink my cup of coffee for the day. So there's definitely no time for inspiring ideas. My workday starts at 8 by the way, so those first 2 hours aren't particularly productive either.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I sometimes have ideas when I'm walking into work. It's about a 40 minute walk.
            And I start work, on days at 0600, nights it's 1800. I have to be up to get ready for work at 0430.
            I work a 12 shift. My shift rotation is 2 days, 2 nights, 2 off.
            (All times GMT)
            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
            To thy own self... Be true
            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I brainstorm more in the shower than when I'm on my bike, although that could be because the latter is usually only 5-15 minutes depending on where I have to be...
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

After updating my fic yesterday I noticed that compared to the other WIPs I have a relatively high word count (per chapter and thus in total too). So I was wondering what's everyone's average or min/max word count per chapter? And do you have a reason for that number?
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                  After updating my fic yesterday I noticed that compared to the other WIPs I have a relatively high word count (per chapter and thus in total too). So I was wondering what's everyone's average or min/max word count per chapter? And do you have a reason for that number?
                  My average word count per chapter is probably around 4500. I have lots of chapters...

Reason? Because that's how the story has decided to be...

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                  Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                  sigpic
                  now also appearing on DeviantArt
                  Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I nearly always tend towards 5-7K per chapter in most of my writing, occasionally up to 10K for larger works but approximately 6,000 words just feels like the 'right' length.
                    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Well, recently, with my new Project One Transformers/varous other fandoms crossover series I've been trying to target shoot for around 5K words per chapter with every story around ten chapters long in total. Some of the chapters do get longer though.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Normally I shoot for 4-4.5k words per chapter. It doesn't always workout that way though.

Comment

Ah, that's good to know. I was kinda surprised to realize most of the WIPs (in my category) were about a 1000 to max 2200 words and that's with the extra word count FFnet throws in. Then there was me with nearly 50,000 words for just eight chapters...

By the way, am I the only one unable to sign in to their FFnet account? I first tried a couple of hours ago when replying to a review but it just kept loading and the same thing happens when I try to log in. But as usual there's no news update on FFnet's homepage.
                          On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Ah, that's good to know. I was kinda surprised to realize most of the WIPs (in my category) were about a 1000 to max 2200 words and that's with the extra word count FFnet throws in. Then there was me with nearly 50,000 words for just eight chapters...

By the way, am I the only one unable to sign in to their FFnet account? I first tried a couple of hours ago when replying to a review but it just kept loading and the same thing happens when I try to log in. But as usual there's no news update on FFnet's homepage.
                            You mean as in running so slow that the connection gets reset ? yeah, it is happening to me

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Yeah, it just stops because the loading is taking too long. It's the only link it's happening too, though.
                              On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Dumb net....

Any time I try to sign in I get redirected to an error page on Chrome, so it might be a server based thing. what I am getting now is "Operation Timed Out"

Comment

Working...
                                X