No announcement yet.

Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm the opposite; rain doesn't need to be shoveled.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
    sigpic
    now also appearing on DeviantArt
    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

true but with cold weather rain freezes and i hate driving with ice on the roads
      sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor

Comment

By this time last year, there had been snow on the ground every day since the 1st of the month. This year...we've had 60 degree temps even last week. Wierd.
        sigpic
        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by USS Thor View Post
          true but with cold weather rain freezes and i hate driving with ice on the roads
          Snow left unplowed also becomes ice on the streets, and is a pain for driving. We had that last night!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
          Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

oh man sorry to hear that and your right the goverment drivers can't plow for anything. we've just had so much rain lately it's gotten old
            sigpic

Comment

Actually, it isn't that "government drivers can't plow". It's that the city of Cleveland never bothered to send plows out on many streets until nearly 12 hours after the snow began falling and the streets had already been coated and then packed down by people who drove on them (not that folks have much choice when the streets in question are main thoroughfares). City services here have been dramatically scaled back in recent years due to budget cuts, but if you ask me, they chose some of the worst things to actually cut back on.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
              Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

It cold and wet here in the Midlands. Looks like it's going to rain...
                We had a brief snow shower yesterday. It settled but had all melted by about 1600.
                "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                To thy own self... Be true
                May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Personally I prefer snow over rain. I live in Harbin, China, and we have snow most of the year anyhow. So it is always pretty

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                  "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                  "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

sounds nice awinita and sf remind me to never move to cleveland haha
                    sigpic

Comment

LOL... Thor, just remember, our abysmal winters and lack of adequate services to deal with them are part of why I'm leaving!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                      Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

and maryland isnt much better but maryland as a state is pretty nice
                        sigpic

Comment

Maryland doesn't get six months of winter, and doesn't get lake effect snow, either. That right there makes it climatologically better, in my book.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                          Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

So far no snow... this doesn't make me happy.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

where abouts are you falcon? maybe i need to go farther north for good snow and better jobs
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by USS Thor View Post
                                where abouts are you falcon? maybe i need to go farther north for good snow and better jobs
                                I live in Europe, in one of the rainy countries... Belgium.
                                Last year we had snow by now, messing up traffic, this year... zip... then again this year we have strikes messing up the traffic.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X