Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mega-Geeko View Post
    Ugh, NaNoWriMo. I swear, I have a death wish. It's the only explanation for why I do this year after year.
    You're doing it too ? YAY!! If you have a deviantart account you may join in the many word wars in the deviantart chatroom labled NaNoWriMo

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
      GAH! I'm a girl, and even I had no desire to see that film...

deepest sympathies

*hands Sealurk some strong coffee...black...no sugar...ostensibly to jump-start that reboot*
      *sits shaking, with a thousand yard stare on face*

There are moments... dark, still little moments when I suddenly realise that there is nothing occupying my mind, and it's at these times that I imagine I can just hear mamma mia here i go again my my how can i resist you and that's when I start sweating and screaming and have to turn the 360 on and shoot some zombies to calm myself down.

The first SG-1 ep that comes to mind that fits the bill would be the 2-parter 'Nemesis' and 'Small Victories' -tons of shoot-em-up there.
      Good recommendations, but the situation is more dire. I have therefore selected Dog Soldiers as the first course of treatment, not least because it is highly appropriate to what I'm writing on several counts.

And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
        As a result, I have a powerful need to watch Die Hard, Predator, or RoboCop, or basically something with frankly toxic levels of testosterone and gratuitous violence to reboot my Y chromosome, only I worry I'm going to hallucinate John McClane killing terrorists to an Abba number...
        DIEHARD yay!!!

I LOVE THAT MOVIE SERIES!! Justn eed to try to find the third one >.<

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Die Hard with a vengeance
          sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor

Comment

Originally posted by USS Thor View Post
            Die Hard with a vengeance
            Yes that one, Have yet to see it, I saw the first two and the fourth one, from word of mouth a 5th one is in the works.

Comment

A Good Day to Die Hard, which the studio wants to premiere on February 14th 2013, in which McClane (and possibly his son) go to Russia and face off against a disgraced Russian general (possibly Patrick Stewart) who is plotting to assassinate the visiting President of the United States?

Never heard of it.
              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
              sigpic
              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

A Good Day to Die Hard, which the studio wants to premiere on February 14th 2013, in which McClane (and possibly his son) go to Russia and face off against a disgraced Russian general (possibly Patrick Stewart) who is plotting to assassinate the visiting President of the United States?

Never heard of it.
                Sounds like my kinda movie

Comment

indeed
                  sigpic

Comment

The Die Hard series is awesome.

Comment

yes, mcclain would make an awesome enemy for the wraith
                      sigpic

Comment

Why do we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway?
                        Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                          Driveways originally, and still do in some cases, referred to the private road leading to ones property, or a bit of ones property. It's now commonly used to refer to the bit that goes up to your garage, but it's the same purpose as the original meaning, just that it tends to be a lot shorter, and hardly a private road as much as a piece of tarmac.

Parkways are – or at least used to – refer to a road (way) through a scenic area (park). It's a nice-looking road, in other words.
                          My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                            That is an interesting question.
                            But I cannot answer it.
                            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                            To thy own self... Be true
                            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Because he totally sounds Russian.
                              Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
                                Because he totally sounds Russian.
                                Well, to be fair, Patrick Stewart is capable of multiple accents.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                                Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                                sigpic
                                now also appearing on DeviantArt
                                Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Working...
                                X