Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post

Yes, but in your room and never near me.
    But he loves to have company for dinner, i mean over for dinner
    sigpic
    Click the Pick for my FanFiction.net profile

Comment

Originally posted by Eragon View Post
      Speaking of which, why do my bunnies make things worse whenever I get stuck or need to rewrite something? I'm having to edit and add to the beginning of BiAA and I'm making several things bleaker, plus the plot bunny that cannibalized Measure of a Man has decided to take up the hobby of punching the dictionary until definitions give up.

I don't have plot bunnies, I have plot dragons.
      Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
        <snip> plus the plot bunny that cannibalized Measure of a Man has decided to take up the hobby of punching the dictionary until definitions give up.

I don't have plot bunnies, I have plot dragons.
        Baahahaha!!! I love the description! And yes - I can see some of our plot creatures being dragons in bunny clothing. It's really the only explanation.
        Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
        Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Originally posted by Eragon View Post
          Message to self: If Eragon invites you for dinner, don't go!
          Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
            Baahahaha!!! I love the description! And yes - I can see some of our plot creatures being dragons in bunny clothing. It's really the only explanation.
            They broke something again... I gotta start taking notes on the damage these guys are doing.
            Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
              I would say the similarity comes because both were created by God.
              Could we possibly keep religion out of this thread unless it's for a fic... cause personally I'm an atheist and don't agree with what you almost describe as fact.

My point being that there are threads out there where you can discuss the creation of everything and nothing in this matter to your heart's content if you believe.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Could we possibly keep religion out of this thread unless it's for a fic... cause personally I'm an atheist and don't agree with what you almost describe as fact.
                Sure looked to me like MP said it as an opinion. "I would say" generally functions as a sign that an opinion follows. Heck, I have a completely different opinion from either of you - should I be complaining right now? Doing so seems rather pointless to me.

My point being that there are threads out there where you can discuss the creation of everything and nothing in this matter to your heart's content if you believe.
                You'll see plenty of opinions on all kinds of things on the forum, even right here in this very thread. Some of them you might agree with and some you might not. That happens to me too, but I hardly think either one of us is in a position to dictate to others what opinions they are or are not allowed to articulate here. If you disagree, that's fine, but then why not just leave it at that and move on?

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                sigpic
                now also appearing on DeviantArt
                Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

For those of us in the northern hemisphere, warm weather is finally either here or about to be. How many of you like to take your laptop or netbook, or even a good, old-fashioned notebook and pen outside your house to write? And if so, where are your favorite places to do so?

I like to write on the porch, or on the deck at a bar or restaurant if it isn't too crowded or noisy.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                  Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
                  Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                    For those of us in the northern hemisphere, warm weather is finally either here or about to be. How many of you like to take your laptop or netbook, or even a good, old-fashioned notebook and pen outside your house to write? And if so, where are your favorite places to do so?

I like to write on the porch, or on the deck at a bar or restaurant if it isn't too crowded or noisy.
                    My parents have an amazing wrap-around porch. The back opens out into a huge deck with steps down all over, so there is no railing. Oh, and it has a tin roof that covers almost all of it. It is heaven. We have a wooden swing and rocking chairs, oh and fans! Dad has put up three fans across the length of the porch (which is the length of the house, pretty much). So it's shaded completely and has a breeze anytime you want it. I'm outside most of the time if the mosquitoes aren't eating me alive.
                    Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                    Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Okay, I'm officially jealous now!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                      Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

That sounds lovely Brooke.

I write at my desktop computer, or on my laptop, or in the car. I don't think I've written anywhere else.
                        Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                          Okay, I'm officially jealous now!
                          You're only 2500 miles away! Come on, come have a fanfic pow wow with me!

Comment

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
                            You're only 2500 miles away! Come on, come have a fanfic pow wow with me!
                            I really need a transporter!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                            Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

I should explain that my poor mom is allergic to heat. And we live in Georgia. So, keeping her cool is not an easy task. My dad is so sweet to her; he'd do anything for her. He got one of those Viper systems (that starts the car with a remote) installed so that mom can get in the car after the AC has been running and not melt. And, hence the many, many fans we have in and around the house. She loves to be outside just like us, so dad's trying to make it happen as much as possible.

Comment

Awww! Oh, and I'm nowhere near 2500 miles from Georgia.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                                Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X