Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
    If I had enough money, I would. Or maybe we could have worked out a trade - I send you Cadbury's Dairy Milk Giant Buttons, you send me the same value of Monterey Jack cheese (core ingredient of the best deluxe cheeseburger I ever tasted...making my mouth water even now just thinking about it) since it is freaking impossible to find here in the UK!
    Hmmm...*thinks about how to keep cheese refridgerated whilst in transit* -Is it illegal to ship you cheese?? You like sliced or block cheese?? I concur that Monterey Jack is pretty awesome...
    sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

check the customs website. Some perishables are not importable. but Customs for hte outgoing and importing country should tell you if you can/can't ship it.

If you had it in a styrofoam box with frozen ice packs, given the current temps, it should be okay.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...id/82/search/1
        https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det.../717/related/1

these links cover stuff coming into the us.....so check your site for your country to see if it can be shipped out.

The biggest things they seem to look for is stuff that could harbor bugs (hence no fruit or limits on fruit, uncooked nuts, etc) and meat products due to mad cow disease and other things.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...id/82/search/1
          https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det.../717/related/1

these links cover stuff coming into the us.....so check your site for your country to see if it can be shipped out.

The biggest things they seem to look for is stuff that could harbor bugs (hence no fruit or limits on fruit, uncooked nuts, etc) and meat products due to mad cow disease and other things.
          Thanks, Sky. Sealurk -check your guidelines and lets see what we can do
          sigpic
          sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
          "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
            ice.....
            Ice would be great at the moment. My room is a thermos.
            Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

If I had enough money, I would. Or maybe we could have worked out a trade - I send you Cadbury's Dairy Milk Giant Buttons, you send me the same value of Monterey Jack cheese (core ingredient of the best deluxe cheeseburger I ever tasted...making my mouth water even now just thinking about it) since it is freaking impossible to find here in the UK!
              Sealurk -I told my hubs about this conversation and he immediately broke into Monte Python's 'Cheese Shop' sketch...*rollseyes*
              sigpic
              sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                Sealurk -I told my hubs about this conversation and he immediately broke into Monte Python's 'Cheese Shop' sketch...*rollseyes*
                Would you like some Spam with that Cheese ? Or what about a Spam and Cheese sandwich ?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                  Would you like some Spam with that Cheese ? Or what about a Spam and Cheese sandwich ?
                  *musically* Spam, spam, spam, spam...wonderful spam, marvelous spam...

*bloody vikings...*
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

*musically* Spam, spam, spam, spam...wonderful spam, marvelous spam...

*bloody vikings...*
                    Not as bad as the Bring out yer dead scenes... those were hiloarious

And the Silly Olyimpics was actually my personal favorite. "And now the 100 meter dash for the deaf!!" the guy fired the gun until it was empty, nobody moved

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

The Muse is exhausted...apparently she went to bed early tonight and left me alone with an unfinished fic.

...I hate it when that happens.
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Monty Python...
                        Watch out it's...

The Spanish Inquisiton...!
                        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                        To thy own self... Be true
                        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Nobody expected that.
                          Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Replaces the water reservoir in the watercooler;
                            restocks tea & hot chocolate mix, cleans counter;
                            makes sure quantum fridge still humming along...

Since it's Fall, places Puff Pastry Apple Tart on the counter.

*gets self a big glass of milk*
                            sigpic
                            sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

The Muse is exhausted...apparently she went to bed early tonight and left me alone with an unfinished fic.

...I hate it when that happens.
                              Probably because of the huge dry spell/writer's block I've had recently, I'm currently getting it the other way around - when I want to sleep, the muse cracks her whip and I have to get back to writing while the ideas are in my head.
                              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Probably because of the huge dry spell/writer's block I've had recently, I'm currently getting it the other way around - when I want to sleep, the muse cracks her whip and I have to get back to writing while the ideas are in my head.
                                This has happened to me recently too, in regards to Project Icegate, and Tigers vs Dragons.... However Project Icegate is just about 3/4 donew as it is

At least, once I post chapter six it will be, I have chapters seven and eight outlined and ready to go. And chapter nine currently is still eluding me other then the title. I know it will be a big battle scene though

Comment

Working...
                                X