Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
    Well they can just go ahead and pic.
    For I am on of the most impossibly possible unpickable persons possible.

*crawls under bed and hugs stuffed shark doll..I mean action figure*
    Actually, the stuffed shark is cooler.

On the topic of sharks. GUESS WHAT I JUST BOUGHT.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geek-kids/3-7-years/e7f7/
    Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
    Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
    Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

I'll wait for the home defence version with lethal stealth mode.
      I like Sharky
      sigpic

Comment

It seems like I finally got my muse back and am happily typing away at my latest chapter. There seems to be a slight problem though; Word has forgotten a lot of the words added to auto correct and the dictionary, but not all. Does anyone know when and why Word does such things to me? It's been a few weeks since I've been writing fanfiction (and thus using these words) but I have used Word for other purposes. It would be nice to know how I could prevent it from happening again.

I have Word 2007, by the way.
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I had to take time off work at mid-day to come home and let a technician into the house to repair the jack, but OMG I HAVE INTERNET AT HOME AGAIN!!!!!! *does happydance around the study, tripping over as yet unsorted boxes in the process*

Okay, time to go back to work.

BUT I HAVE INTERNET!!!!! Woo-hooooooo!

*catches breath, grumbles something about having to pay the bills, and reluctantly heads for the car*

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
          Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
          sigpic
          now also appearing on DeviantArt
          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
            It seems like I finally got my muse back and am happily typing away at my latest chapter. There seems to be a slight problem though; Word has forgotten a lot of the words added to auto correct and the dictionary, but not all. Does anyone know when and why Word does such things to me? It's been a few weeks since I've been writing fanfiction (and thus using these words) but I have used Word for other purposes. It would be nice to know how I could prevent it from happening again.

Go to options and try to find "Custom Dictionary". It's possible you've deleted it, or if you ran an anti-virus or system cleaner it may have deleted it.

Otherwise, it's Goa'uld into 'Gould, Jaffa into Loofah, and Bra'tac into Bratty
            Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
              Go to options and try to find "Custom Dictionary". It's possible you've deleted it, or if you ran an anti-virus or system cleaner it may have deleted it.

Otherwise, it's Goa'uld into 'Gould, Jaffa into Loofah, and Bra'tac into Bratty
              Nope, haven't deleted anything and none of my software has either.
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Nope, haven't deleted anything and none of my software has either.
                okay, check the languages on both MS Office as well as Windows 7. What'll often happen is you'll totally accidentally switch from US English to UK or Aussie or Canadian and it breaks that kind of thing. Happens all the time really.

Comment

I recommend OpenOffice 3.3 it is compatible with Word, your version, requires updating, that's four years old!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                  "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                  "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                    okay, check the languages on both MS Office as well as Windows 7. What'll often happen is you'll totally accidentally switch from US English to UK or Aussie or Canadian and it breaks that kind of thing. Happens all the time really.
                    No, that's not it either. I only have a handful of selected languages in Word and the US version is the only English one and I've only installed my native language for Windows. I've also disabled that annoying key combination that switches the languages, for Word as well as Windows. So I can only do it by choosing to do so or start writing in a different language (but it's still on US English).

So I really have no idea why some of it is missing and why some of it is still there. Thank you for trying to help though.

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                    I recommend OpenOffice 3.3 it is compatible with Word, your version, requires updating, that's four years old!
                    I know it's "old" but I don't like 2010, so I've removed it and went back to 2007. Besides, a lot of the computers at the uni don't even have 2007 yet. I have no experience with OpenOffice, but I like 2007 with the exception of it messing with my dictionaries.
                    On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                      I had to take time off work at mid-day to come home and let a technician into the house to repair the jack, but OMG I HAVE INTERNET AT HOME AGAIN!!!!!! *does happydance around the study, tripping over as yet unsorted boxes in the process*
                      Okay, time to go back to work.
                      BUT I HAVE INTERNET!!!!! Woo-hooooooo!
                      *catches breath, grumbles something about having to pay the bills, and reluctantly heads for the car*
                      So glad! ((hugs SF))

Fems -sorry...I'm technologically challenged...
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Open Office is almost exactly like using Word, and it even uses the same file formats. I actually do like Word 2010 better than Word 2007, though.

And it's good to be back. Sara, as soon as I get a chance to ponder again the question you emailed me, I will respond.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                        Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                        sigpic
                        now also appearing on DeviantArt
                        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Just been reading another, non-SG fan fiction and it brought up a disturbing, yet interesting point

whats Vogon fan fiction like?

Spoiler:
                          Vogon fanfiction is without doubt at least the second worst fanfiction in the known universe. It is written with the express purpose of making the author feel happy, and when the author is a large, slug-brained, bloody-minded, petty, vindictive and generally unpleasant bureaucrat, this results in something truly horrifying. And it was to this that our unfortunate heroes were now subjected. Vogon’s know exactly the right fiction to bring out to really upset their guests, and so Jeltz had brought out his four thousand-word epic on his ponysona, and how it had saved the universe....

and now we see how many of us have read "The Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy"
                          [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Oh Belgium...!
                            First Vogon poetry...! Now Vogon Fanfic...
                            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                            To thy own self... Be true
                            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Ah vindictus, both inspiration and obstacle, so gratifying and yet so annoying.
                              Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Well I certainly know where my towel is...
                                "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                                Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                                Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                                Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                                I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                                To thy own self... Be true
                                May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Working...
                                X