Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
    Just found the official plot bunny mascot (for me, at least).
    Nah. Needs to be cuter
    [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
      Nah. Needs to be cuter
      Put that bunny on a pile of skulls and that's my bunny.
      Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Can i keep him?
        sigpic
        Click the Pick for my FanFiction.net profile

Comment

Been bashing away at a background for another page of Hallowed Turf today. Said background is supposed to be a park in a city (on Earth!) with trees and stuff.

Sitting here, pretty pleased with the colours so far, i think to myself "I wonder how many more pages like this (with green trees and badly cut grass) i'll have to draw/colour"

and THEN i suddenly realise its a comic based on STARGATE so i've properly got a GOD knows how many more pages featuring Rocks and Tree's ahead of me!!!!

I'm doomed!
          [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Been bashing away at a background for another page of Hallowed Turf today. Said background is supposed to be a park in a city (on Earth!) with trees and stuff.

Sitting here, pretty pleased with the colours so far, i think to myself "I wonder how many more pages like this (with green trees and badly cut grass) i'll have to draw/colour"

and THEN i suddenly realise its a comic based on STARGATE so i've properly got a GOD knows how many more pages featuring Rocks and Tree's ahead of me!!!!

I'm doomed!
            You do NOT want to illustrate Mnahood. Not only is it a forest, but it's a forest where I used to live (actually pretty close to Vancouver). The uneven terrain full of rocks, roots, holes, and plants; ditches everywhere, huge trees, and it's always raining. It was pretty much impossible to get even footing.

While I'm not surprised they opted to shoot most outdoor scenes in a park, I am surprised it wasn't raining half the time.

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
              Anybody figure out the USB to Memory Engram connection yet?
              Hmmm. Perhaps a USB port somewhere, say the back of the neck?

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
              *is confused by this portion of the conversation*

Originally posted by Eragon View Post
              the what to wha?

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
              It's not just me?

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
              Let me paint a picture using just Wikipedia!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engram_...opsychology%29

and...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_cable#Cables

yes. I'm much too geeky for my own good
              As am I. I understood.

so in plain dos (yes i made a reboot reference...) you want us to figure out how to hook up someones brain or more specifically the memories of someone to a usb jack for download or streaming or such?
              Yes. You need a port.
              Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
                Since this is the water cooler *sips* and we can't possibly go off topic here, I pose this question. Have you ever seen a picture of the universe that shows galactic superclusters? And does it happen to look like a neural network to anyone else? It's been rattling in my brain for a while now.
                That is very cool. I agree the similarity is striking.

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                The Mind of God, anyone?
                Interesting. I would say the similarity comes because both were created by God.

Yes, but in your room and never near me.

Comment

You do NOT want to illustrate Mnahood. Not only is it a forest, but it's a forest where I used to live (actually pretty close to Vancouver). The uneven terrain full of rocks, roots, holes, and plants; ditches everywhere, huge trees, and it's always raining. It was pretty much impossible to get even footing.
                  But thats the sort of terrain i want to show! Heck the first (proper) alien planet i'm planning out is full of valleys and step forests! (And properly purple trees or skies since...it IS supposed to be 'alien' )

While I'm not surprised they opted to shoot most outdoor scenes in a park, I am surprised it wasn't raining half the time.
                  Oh, i think you'll find it certainly did rain on Stargate's parade (and does!). Go back to season one of SG1 and check out some of the outdoor scenes.

sigpic

Comment

It didn't rain enough, in my opinion... then again, it might always be filmed in the summer and the indoors ones when it was raining. Or maybe it was all in a part of Vancouver that resembled Seattle a lot less.

Comment

I'm doomed!
                      Here's some musical inspiration for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asqWM...049B55DD8642DF

Comment

*chuckle* Thanks mathspiglet. Seen that before. Always a laugh.

Can i just be angry at Canadians instead?

sigpic

Comment

No, because then you'd be mad at me!

Comment

It didn't rain enough, in my opinion... then again, it might always be filmed in the summer and the indoors ones when it was raining. Or maybe it was all in a part of Vancouver that resembled Seattle a lot less.
                            I'm pretty sure they did most of their outdoor shots in the summertime, based on the look of the foliage. It almost always looked like high summer to me.

And if you're responsible for scads of high-tech cameras and sound equipment, not to mention actors and actresses who probably don't want to muck about in the rain for take after take, and costumes that will need to be cleaned and dried, would you shoot outdoor sequences on a rainy day if you could avoid it?

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                            Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                            sigpic
                            now also appearing on DeviantArt
                            Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I can't wait to finally get my MP3 player in the mail. I write so much better listening to music than reviews and I got so much help from Choo today.

Comment

Working...
                              X