Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review The Person Above's Stargate Fan Fic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review The Person Above's Stargate Fan Fic.

I had this on another board I was on and thought it was a cool idea to bring it over here. A review is often the best compliment they can receive for their work whether it be a good job or interesting plot. So your task is to obviously read the person above you's fan fic and comment on it:

Here's the Rules:

1)You can post the link to any fan fic, from any site whether it be LJ, FF.Net or Wraithbait and you can use the same fic more than once.
    2) Once you state that you are to review a person's fan fic you can take as long as you want (Just don't take a month to review), from either this site or the site the fic is hosted on whatever you feel comfortable doing.
    3) No two word reviews like "more please" or "update soon"
    4) Finally no flaming or ripping the fic to shreads with your words, I know how it could hurt people's feelings...

So let us begin I'll start with mine:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6638693/...Like_The_Devil
    BALCONIES
    The Breeding Ground of Ships.
    sigpic

I reviewed your story and liked it. I left a review as well.

I have a few thoughts regarding this fic.

Overall, it is a great fic, and it was well written.

I liked the chemistry between the actors, and how you portrayed the interactions among them. The humor is dead on in regards to what Stargate is.

although I must admit that a romance between Shephard and Wier would be seen as compromising, and it doesn't seem like the thing they would try to do. They are professionals after all. However, overlooking that nitpick, It was dead on and very much how I would expect a romance to be between them.

Update soon.

-Amann-
    My story Golden Dawn....well I would like for it to be reviewed. Currently planning the next chapter. It is a long story, and prob will exceed 300k words by the end of it.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4907261/1/Golden_Dawn
    sigpic

^ My new fanfic ^ Enjoy and please subscribe!

(Shameless advertising ftw)

Comment

I have now started to read 'Golden Dawn'. It looks interesting! I will review on fanfiction.net when I have read a bit more of it

These are not my fics, but these Tok'ra fic have few or no reviews:

Healing (PG). Malek is grieving after Egeria's death. Janet wants to comfort him. Malek/Janet

Plain Box (PG) SG-1 brings over an old box for the Tok'ra to analyze. Malek/Aldwin, though mostly gen

Caressing The Devil (R) The begining of an Alternate Universe SG-1 Fan Fic series. Takes place post Season 10 in an AU with a SG-1 lead by Colonel Samantha Carter. Follow this AU SG-1's risky adventure as they attempt a daring rescue of a Tok'ra. Features Sokar & Bastet! Link to authors page: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1811797/Lucious_Von_Grey

Assistance (PG-13) Sam is trying to figure out how an alien device work, and Martouf/Lantash show up to help her. Sam/Martouf/Lantash

The Alternative Factor (PG-13) What would have happened if SG-1 was too late to save Earth from Anubis? With Earth lost, they go to an alternate reality - but all is not exactly as expected. Mostly gen/SG-1 Team, but some ship at the end. Sam/Jolinar/Martouf/Lantash
      sigpic
      Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

ill review some of them tommorrow, it is late and kinda alot to read all of them.
        sigpic

^ My new fanfic ^ Enjoy and please subscribe!

(Shameless advertising ftw)

Comment

I reviewed "Assistance" just now. (I read it earlier, but this was the first time I'd had time to compose a review. I like Roeskva's writing, and she's been kind enough to read and review my fic, so I definitely wanted to do the same for her!) I think it was nicely written, and if I say it gave me a sort of visceral reaction myself, everyone will know what I mean by that, right?

I looked at "Golden Dawn" but unfortunately I really am not familiar enough with the Ori storyline to do it justice as a reviewer. I'd stopped watching SG-1 by that point because I wasn't happy with the direction things were going and didn't enjoy it much anymore. My apologies for that, but if you have any stories from earlier on in the SG-1 timeline, I'd gladly read them.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
          Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
          sigpic
          now also appearing on DeviantArt
          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Bumping this because I'm going to do some more reviews of others' work, and would love reviews of mine.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
            Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
            Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
              Bumping this because I'm going to do some more reviews of others' work, and would love reviews of mine.
              I'd R&R but i'm not a fan of either Cromwell or Tok'ra. You have anything else?

As far as me,well i guess the most 'accessible' story i've written is Occupational Hazard. SG-1 missing episode in Season 10. Mixture of action/adventure, humor, intrigue
              Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
              Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
              Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                I'd R&R but i'm not a fan of either Cromwell or Tok'ra. You have anything else?
                Not yet. I'd ask that you maybe read a chapter or two to see if the story floats your boat anyway (it's what I often do) but that's up to you. I will say that my Tok'ra are a bit... different... from the ones you may be used to, and I think my take on Cromwell is too, not that he's been used much by more than four writers, at least that I'm aware of. I do have a "plain vanilla" SG-1 fic in outline stage, but it's shelved until I finish this one, at least.

As far as me,well i guess the most 'accessible' story i've written is Occupational Hazard. SG-1 missing episode in Season 10. Mixture of action/adventure, humor, intrigue
                See, now, I don't really care for the late seasons, but I'll take a shot at doing an R&R on yours anyway because you've managed to make it sound interesting with your description. You never know, I might wind up wanting more when I'm done.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

I'd gladly read an Atlantis fic, though I would need to know what kind of feedback you are looking for. Everyone has their own version of 'harsh' and interpretations and even what they focus on when writing.

No point in analyzing the morals when you want me to check your spelling.
                  Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Well, this is basically R&R the person above's fic, and I don't have any Atlantis fic; sorry. I only ever even watched two episodes of Atlantis, so I'm probably not going to understand enough to R&R any, either. It would be hard to do when I won't have any of the proper referents.

However, if you want to R&R my SG-1 fic, which is linked to in my signature, I'd love it. And if you have any SG-1 fic of your own, I'll gladly R&R it.

By the way, for purposes of this exercise, when we say "R&R" or "read and review", it means exactly that. Checking for spelling errors would be more along the lines of proofreading or beta-reading.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                    Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Well, this is basically R&R the person above's fic, and I don't have any Atlantis fic; sorry. I only ever even watched two episodes of Atlantis, so I'm probably not going to understand enough to R&R any, either. It would be hard to do when I won't have any of the proper referents.

However, if you want to R&R my SG-1 fic, which is linked to in my signature, I'd love it. And if you have any SG-1 fic of your own, I'll gladly R&R it.

By the way, for purposes of this exercise, when we say "R&R" or "read and review", it means exactly that. Checking for spelling errors would be more along the lines of proofreading or beta-reading.

Bad example on my part (though I've been on many forum that consider mentioning typos and R&R help), but I can see what I can do. I missed a lot of SG1, but that's because my fiancée watched all of it without me. I can get his help on anything I don't know.

Would you like some editing done on it, by the way? I'm in an editing class and it'd be good practice.

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

I don't think it needs editing, at least not the parts already published. Though if you see anything glaring, let me know. It'll mean that my editor and I have missed something. And if you want to take a look at future chapters from an editing standpoint (what kind of editing, by the way?) that might be useful. This is a work in progress. Overall, reviews telling me what elements do or don't work for you as a reader are greatly appreciated.

Basically, if you've seen the SG-1 episodes A Matter of Time (Season 2), The Torment of Tantalus (Season 1) and The Tok'ra, parts I & II (Season 2), you'll know most of the elements you need to understand my story. Obviously, the more SG-1 you've seen in the first two seasons, the better off you'll be. My story starts immediately after the end of A Matter of Time. If there's anything you haven't seen and want to, the entire series is on Hulu.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                        Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

I don't think it needs editing, at least not the parts already published. Though if you see anything glaring, let me know. It'll mean that my editor and I have missed something. And if you want to take a look at future chapters from an editing standpoint (what kind of editing, by the way?) that might be useful. This is a work in progress. Overall, reviews telling me what elements do or don't work for you as a reader are greatly appreciated.

Basically, if you've seen the SG-1 episodes A Matter of Time (Season 2), The Torment of Tantalus (Season 1) and The Tok'ra, parts I & II (Season 2), you'll know most of the elements you need to understand my story. Obviously, the more SG-1 you've seen in the first two seasons, the better off you'll be. My story starts immediately after the end of A Matter of Time. If there's anything you haven't seen and want to, the entire series is on Hulu.
                          Sure. Is the link to them in your signature? If so, which one? If not, where do I look?

Comment

My signature has two links, both of which go to the same story. The first link takes you to the story as I've been publishing it on Fanfiction.net, while the second takes you to the same story as i'm publishing on my own website. The chapter numbering is different, and the one on my website is perhaps just the slightest bit stronger in terms of language and other things. There's no gore on either one, nor explicit sex, but while the FF.net version is very much rated T (with perhaps one planned excursion to the near-border of M), the version on my website is more of a mild M. I like the one on my website better, as it is more true to my thoughts while writing it, but they're 98% the same. Choose whichever version you prefer, and just let me know which one you choose, okay?

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                            Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X