Sci-Fi Writers Needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sci-Fi Writers Needed!

Looking for some writers to join me in an, as of yet untitled Sci-Fi virtual series that has NOTHING to do with STARGATE. What I need is:

1) Someone who is good at making up alien names/races.

2) Someone who is good at making forums/websites (sites like SG-Horizon has)

3) Writers, as many who want to join.

4) Sig makers. For promotion of the series.

If anyone is interested, please, either PM me or add me to MSN which is:

[email protected]

Note for MSN: If anyone here adds me and is interested in joining, please make sure you send a messege letting me know where you added me from etc.

Thanks in advance.

More information will be given to those interested in teaming up.

You're more likely to get interest from writers if you tell us what the series is about without asking for a show of interest/commitment from people first. What kind of world is it placed it, central races, central conflict, what kind of story (action/adventure, focused on the characters or the plot more, drama, etc), that kind of thing. If a writer's going to commit their time and energy they have to know if it's the kind of story that they'd be interested in and passionate about telling.

And if you don't know any of the above then what you're really looking for is people to help you create a sci-fi series from the ground up, not just write. And as an aside, people who are involved in the development stage are more likely to be fully devoted to the series because they'll feel like it is, in some part, "theirs."
    Last edited by sbz; 14 March 2010, 01:07 PM. Reason: clarity, typos

Comment

Originally posted by sbz View Post
      You're more likely to get interest from writers if you tell us what the series is about without asking for a show of interest/commitment from people first. What kind of world is it placed it, central races, central conflict, what kind of story (action/adventure, focused on the characters or the plot more, drama, etc), that kind of thing. If a writer's going to commit their time and energy they have to know if it's the kind of story that they'd be interested in and passionate about telling.

And if you don't know any of the above then what you're really looking for is people to help you create a sci-fi series from the ground up, not just write. And as an aside, people who are involved in the development stage are more likely to be fully devoted to the series because they'll feel like it is, in some part, "theirs."
      Just creating the minor details now. Will post more when I have writtent out the ''Pilot'' episode storyline.

Comment

Here is a brief synopsis for the 'Pilot' episode the series is called UNIVERSE think of it as a Farscape-eaque series.

01x01: ‘’Pilot’’ - Written By: Simon 'Homer 120' Aitken
        After an experimental shuttle craft sends Commander Benjamin Locke half way across the Universe. Ben is brought on board a medical ship that has been over taken by an escaped group of alien prisoners, in order to find his way home Ben must find a way to gain the escaped prisoners trust if they are going to outrun a race of police like aliens known throughout this part of the Universe as the Alliance of Planets.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer 120 View Post
          Here is a brief synopsis for the 'Pilot' episode the series is called UNIVERSE think of it as a Farscape-eaque series.

01x01: ‘’Pilot’’ - Written By: Simon 'Homer 120' Aitken
          After an experimental shuttle craft sends Commander Benjamin Locke half way across the Universe. Ben is brought on board a medical ship that has been over taken by an escaped group of alien prisoners, in order to find his way home Ben must find a way to gain the escaped prisoners trust if they are going to outrun a race of police like aliens known throughout this part of the Universe as the Alliance of Planets.
          So it's Farscape, more or less.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
            Yeah that's pretty much the impression I got.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
              Based on the idea yes, but not ENTIERLY FARSCAPE. Will begin writting the pilot episode once I have the alien characters/races thought out.

Comment

UPDATE:

I now have selected the names for the aliens in the fic which I have opted to title UNIVERSE

Spoiler:
                - SPOILERS FOR SOME EPISODE STORYLINES!
                1) Ritu of The Hark a warrior race, the Hark have lived in this part of the Universe for over Three Thousand years. Their ruler was asassinated by an unknown asassain on the eve of his 300000(?) term as leader of the Hark people. Ritu is known for his hatetred of his leader and some of his battle tactics, Ritu believes he was framed for the asassination and banished from the Hark home world... (MALE)

2) Heera of The Kitala, a peaceful non violent race of healers that believe that, even in the evilist of people there is a spark of good. Heera was once a 4th level healer of her race but was brought up on violence charges after she was accused of killing a deeply sick patient. (FEMALE)

3) Estaro of The Snalak, Estaro was once a highly respected trader among his people but he was stripped of his status for trying to by his way into power. (MALE)

4) Rema of The Siyeen, a race of less advanced aliens. Not much is known about the Siyeen other than their unusual ability to perdicted future events, or possible events.

Thank you Stargate Atlantis Girl, for the names! On the question of ''Will it be an action/adventure based series, or a character driven series''. The answer is both, UNIVERSE will be a mixture of both elements. I will post episode titles soon, hope this pique your interest. Again means of contacting me are on the first post.
                Last edited by Homer 120; 16 March 2010, 08:03 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Here are the episode titles, as promised.

Spoiler:

01x01: ‘’Esquin (aka Pilot)’’

01x02: ‘’Retribution’'

01x03: ‘’Remember’’

01x04: ‘’Alliance’’

01x05: ‘’Vanished’’

01x06: ‘’Defector’’

01x07: ‘’Meltdown’’

01x08: ‘’Air’’

01x09: ‘’Justice’’

01x10: ‘’Home Again’’

01x11: ‘’Into The Lions Den, Part 1: Sabotage’’

01x12: ‘’Into The Lions Den, Part 2: Clock & Daggers’’

01x13: ‘’Fractures’’

01x14: ‘’Belly of The Beast’’

01x15: ‘’Codex of Honor’’

01x16: ‘’Lifeless’’

01x17: ‘’Human Error’’

01x18: ‘’Possibilities’’

01x19: ‘’Cause & Effect’’

01x20: ‘’Haunted’’

01x21: ‘’Fortune Favors The Bold, Part 1: Infestation’'

01x22: ‘’Fortune Favors The Bold, Part 2: The Nest’’

01x23: ‘’Chain Reaction’’

23 episodes in total.

Comment

It's good concept Homer and might I suggest if you wish to test the waters so to speak you might want to do a slightly SG version and go here

FanFic Competiton
                    My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                    sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by Homer 120 View Post
                      Here are the episode titles, as promised.

Spoiler:

01x02: ‘’Retribution’'

01x03: ‘’Remember’’

01x04: ‘’Alliance’’

01x05: ‘’Vanished’’

01x06: ‘’Defector’’

01x09: ‘’Justice’’

01x14: ‘’Belly of The Beast’’

01x15: ‘’Codex of Honor’’

01x18: ‘’Possibilities’’

23 episodes in total.
                      BTW I like the episode names And if you are looking for artwork try the modellers in the Original Starship Design Thread in Science and Tech, there are some excellent guys and girls there who might help you
                      My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                      sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Based on what you've posted here, I strongly suggest you look for a dedicated beta reader/editor, or a team of people to look at different aspects of the writing.

FYI, it's "pique your interest" not peak or peek.

Comment

UPDATE: Below is the episode titles which have already been posted, only this time I have chosen the 'character centric' episodes

Spoiler:

01x02: ‘’Retribution’' - A Ritu-Centric Episode

01x03: ‘’Remember’’ - A Estaro-Centric Episode

01x04: ‘’Alliance’’ - A AOP-Centric Episode (This episode does NOT feature any of the main cast.)

01x05: ‘’Vanished’’ - A Heera-Centric Episode

01x06: ‘’Defector’’ - A Meya-Centric & Introduction Episode

01x09: ‘’Justice’’ - A Ben/Ritu-Centric Episode

01x14: ‘’Belly of The Beast’’ - Meya/Heera Centered Episode

01x15: ‘’Codex of Honor’’ - Ritu Centered Episode

01x18: ‘’Possibilities’’ - Rema Centered Episode

As it stands, 9 out of 23 episodes will be character based episode. Notice I include 01x04: ''Alliance'' as one of these character based episodes because the AOP (Alliance of Planets) will have reccuring villians/operatives.

@sbz, thanks for that! Was never really sure how pique was spelt properly so thanks!

@puddlejumperOZ, thanks for that link and comments! Will take a look through that thread.

Comment

Working...
                          X