X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New chapter is up!

TWELVE: "Think only this of me..."
    Banner
    After all that's happened, it's time to pick up the pieces and move on. It all starts with a small step...

Prompt: a time to heal

Hope you'll enjoy this new chapter! Less action, more character focus, but nonetheless an important chapter in its own right.
    "If I should die, think only this of me: / That there's some corner of a foreign field / That is forever [Earth]."
    Earth is gone, but Atlantis must survive... Apoca!fic. Post-Season 5. John/Sam.

Comment

Great update, god i just wanna know what happened to Earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Burns View Post
        Great update, god i just wanna know what happened to Earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        You and me both
        Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
        Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
        Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Beautiful writing, neela.

Nothing to nitpick this time
          If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Burns View Post
            Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
            You and me both
            And I wanna tell you all! It's a story that could potentially be a stand-alone in its own right. It's REALLY difficult to not just blurt it out, but that'd ruin some of the suspense, and truthfully - we'll get to know things when the characters do.

Originally posted by Womble View Post
            Beautiful writing, neela.

Nothing to nitpick this time
            Thanks! I don't mind nitpicking. I like the feedback
            "If I should die, think only this of me: / That there's some corner of a foreign field / That is forever [Earth]."

Comment

I can think of one way Earth could have survived... but I won't tell even if you torture me for it.
              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

I can think of one way Earth could have survived... but I won't tell even if you torture me for it.
                Would you do it for a Womble Snack?
                Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                  Would you do it for a Womble Snack?
                  You've got a Womble Snack?!?

Okay. Let's negotiate.

Comment

Just thought I'd give you guys the latest update: I'm not dead!

I'm currently mapping out the remaining chapters, as well as writing chapter 13 (FINALLY!). There's gonna be a lot happening in this second part of the story, and I want it to be consistent and realistic, so I'm taking some time to weave it all together.

The reason things have been on the backburner for a while is that I've been immensely busy at school and work, and once I've had some precious time to settle down, the inspiration just haven't been there. But now that the term is coming to an end, I'm back at writing once more. Hopefully I'll have something out within a few weeks.

So I hope you're all still with me!

You don't know what kind of torture I can inflict...... Kidding aside, though, I wouldn't mind hearing whatever theories people might have about Earth! Hopefully I'll surprise some of you.

Comment

Originally posted by neela View Post
                      Just thought I'd give you guys the latest update: I'm not dead!
                      Damn, and I've already bought a wreath for the funeral

I'm currently mapping out the remaining chapters, as well as writing chapter 13 (FINALLY!). There's gonna be a lot happening in this second part of the story, and I want it to be consistent and realistic, so I'm taking some time to weave it all together.

The reason things have been on the backburner for a while is that I've been immensely busy at school and work, and once I've had some precious time to settle down, the inspiration just haven't been there. But now that the term is coming to an end, I'm back at writing once more. Hopefully I'll have something out within a few weeks.
                      Woohoo.

(The dot is provisional, to be replaced by an exclamation mark in a few weeks).

You don't know what kind of torture I can inflict...... Kidding aside, though, I wouldn't mind hearing whatever theories people might have about Earth! Hopefully I'll surprise some of you.
                      My theory is along the lines of the way Earth survived in The Road Not Taken.

Comment

Damn, and I've already bought a wreath for the funeral
                        Looks like you won't be needing one after all! First draft's been sent for beta reading, and should hopefully be up for Christmas! I'm very excited about this chapter, even if there isn't that much action-adventure in it. I'm reserving THAT for the next few chapters...

My theory is along the lines of the way Earth survived in The Road Not Taken.
                        That's not a bad theory! Would've required a lot of energy to keep it going for awhile, though, especially considering Atlantis STILL can't connect with Earth. But certainly, I could use that if I want
                        Spoiler:
                        an ex deus machina somewhere in the future.

In the meantime, enjoy the new pic and blurb in the first post.

Comment

I skimmed it on the bus on the way back from work. TBH i focused on the parts yo uobviously enjoyed more and i'll give it a thorough read tomorrow. Will comment, but i did notice quite a few punctuation and grammar errors. Sometimes you just added a word which would have made sense if you hadn't added said another word like i just did.

Comment

Chapter 13 is up! As always, you can find a chapter cover and blurb in the first post. Enjoy!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!

Comment

Very, very nice and deep writing. You're certainly taking your time developing the psychological dimension of your characters, and it really pays off.

Comment

Very, very nice and deep writing. You're certainly taking your time developing the psychological dimension of your characters, and it really pays off.
                                Thanks! The psychological aspect is a very important factor in this story, so I'm glad it's working out. Let's just say that more people than the readers need to be reminded of how life used to be before Earth happened, hence the flashbacks. We'll see more of this in the next chapters, in-between all the action!

Comment

Working...
                                X