This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReganX
    Since it seems to be okay for a father and daughter to serve together at the SGC, what if for some reason, be it personal or health related, Hammond had to leave his post as CO of the SGC just before 'Children of the Gods' and recommended Jacob Carter to replace him.

I'd love to see Jack's face if he didn't realize that he was talking to his new CO's daughter - Carter isn't exactly the most uncommon surname in the world - until after their meeting in the briefing room.
    ::snicker:: Ooh, I can only imagine. Jacob's my favorite character, so by all means, write away!
    My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
    -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
    -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
    -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Originally posted by Beatrice Otter
      BTW, I've actually written this one and am working on a sequel. They're up here and here.

I gotta tell you I have been enjoying it. It's a great fic. I still have to check out the sequel

Comment

::snicker:: Ooh, I can only imagine. Jacob's my favorite character, so by all means, write away!
        I like the idea because Sam and Jacob didn't have the best relationship prior to his joining with Selmak so I could definitely see some tension between them and poor Sam would probably feel that she had to prove herself even more than she did originally.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

What if, in 'The Gamekeeper', Sam and Teal'c's memories had been accessible?

The shipper in me would like to see Jack and Sam alternating between experiencing his memories and hers, while Teal'c and Daniel alternate between theirs, but the whole team experiencing everyone's memories in turn would also be interesting.

Comment

I'd like to see a story set during Season Three's "Shades Of Grey", showing how Sam, Daniel and Teal'c fared under Makepeace's leadership, preferably including a discussion between the three of them, or between any two of them, on their feelings regarding the change.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider
              I gotta tell you I have been enjoying it. It's a great fic. I still have to check out the sequel
              I'm glad you enjoy it! What are you waiting for? Go, read.
              My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
              -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
              -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
              -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

I'm glad you enjoy it! What are you waiting for? Go, read.

no time, bloody work has me tired to it's building

I will do it tomorrow.

Comment

What if Jolinar had been telling the truth when she said that she knew where Sha're was and Sam remembered after "In The Line Of Duty".

Kasuf unburies the 'gate early and Daniel is able to find Sha're, about four or five months pregnant, on Abydos.

Comment

I' like to see a story set in the alternate reality of "There But For The Grace Of God" or "Point Of View" - prior to the destruction of Earth in the case of the former, obviously.

How did they get the Stargate Program up and running, what was their experience of 'gate travel like and, in the case of the "Point Of View"-verse, what happened during the six months between when they learned of the planned Goa'uld attack and when the attack took place?

Comment

What if, in "Unnatural Selection", Sam had set the timer for five minutes instead of three, either because she deliberately ignored Jack's gesture or because she genuinely didn't see it and when SG-1 escaped, Fifth came with them?

Comment

What if, instead of SG-1 finding Daniel shortly after he descended, he wasn't able to make his way back to Earth for five years.

How would he find readjusting to being back at the SGC? How would it affect the team if Jonas had had the fourth spot for six years instead of one?

Comment

*pokes around in the thread*

Hi! This thread is really great! Anyone have any new plot bunnies?
                          sigpic

Comment

you dug this out after one year?? wow

I had all my bunnies ran out on me, so I don't have any to give out either

Comment

I've reading the plot bunnies in this thread, they're really good and I hope they get to be stories at some point.

I also have several PBs but the one that has its being annoying presence known for a while is this:

SG1 (Possibly SGA crossover).

The premise is that Sam loves Jack, even if they are not together or, Jack is in love with someone else.

I want to see Sam, whom is such a nice girl, letting somebody die deliberately just to save Jack's life. And not feeling a tiny bit of guilt afterward, maybe even lying about it.

I've always wanted to see her being a woman first and an officer latter, doing something emotional, selfish and for once thinking of her first. I must clarify that I don't think all women behave in such way. Being emotional and selfish can be done perfectly by any gender.

The best ending would be that everybody, whom know her not very well, thinks that she did what she did because exactly the opposite reason: She took a harsh decision because it was the best and she was being a cool-minded seasoned commander. But with Daniel and Teal'c knowing exactly what she really did.

Since I'm picky: No sex, just emotional distraught, angst and darkness.
                              Last edited by Kanetsidohi; 24 July 2008, 04:25 PM. Reason: Bad phrasing (I hope is better now)

Comment

Originally posted by Kanetsidohi View Post
                                I've reading the plot bunnies in this thread, they're really good and I hope they get to be stories at some point.

I also have several PBs but the one that has its being annoying presence known for a while is this:

SG1 (Possibly SGA crossover).

The premise is that Sam loves Jack, even if they are not together or, Jack is in love with someone else.

I want to see Sam, whom is such a nice girl, letting somebody die deliberately just to save Jack's life. And not feeling a tiny bit of guilt afterward, maybe even lying about it.

I've always wanted to see her being a woman first and an officer latter, doing something emotional, selfish and for once thinking of her first. I must clarify that I don't think all women behave in such way. Being emotional and selfish can be done perfectly by any gender.

The best ending would be that everybody, whom know her not very well, thinks that she did what she did because exactly the opposite reason: She took a harsh decision because it was the best and she was being a cool-minded seasoned commander. But with Daniel and Teal'c knowing exactly what she really did.

Since I'm picky: No sex, just emotional distraught, angst and darkness.

Claudia
                                When you say "deliberately", what do you mean exactly?

Is it a case of a split-second decision and she instinctively dives to save Jack instead of the other person, or is it more along the lines of a "Sophie's Choise" deal; the bad guy tells Sam she has to choose between Jack and another person and that the one she doesn't pick will be killed and she chooses Jack? Did you have something else in mind?

An interesting twist could be if the other person is actually another teammate.

Comment

Working...
                                X