This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
    Did they ever go back to that planet with the T-rex in Atlantis? I'd like to see that expanded upon.
    I've seen a few fics having Ronon go back for some t-rex BBQ
    Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
    Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
    Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
      I've seen a few fics having Ronon go back for some t-rex BBQ
      Got links?

Although, I can't say that'd taste good. T-Rex's are carnivores and feed mainly on carrion; the good eating from the animals that eat veggies.
      Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
        Got links?

Although, I can't say that'd taste good. T-Rex's are carnivores and feed mainly on carrion; the good eating from the animals that eat veggies.
        I know one was an AU where Atlantis doesn't get in contact with Earth for five years and Ronon and Teal'c go hunting one at one point. Another was a Jurassic park parody which i can't find just now.

So a stegosaurus tastes better than a t-rex!?
        Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
        Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
        Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Meh. They probably both taste like chicken. (Birds did evolve from dinosaurs, after all.) T-Rex probably just tastes like cannibalistic chicken.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
          Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
          sigpic
          now also appearing on DeviantArt
          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

So a stegosaurus tastes better than a t-rex!?
            Pretty much. Unless all stegosaurus tastes bad in the first place. But then, a stegosaurus classifies as a reptile and those are delicious.

Breeding herbivorous dinosaurs would have solved Atlantis's food supply problem pretty well.

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

I have an SGA

atlantis turns out to be sentient but there is a directive about how and when atlantians find out.
              what were the limitations and why? what was the perception of atlantis and how did the members of the expedition gain their trust? what is atlantis true name?

Comment

Anyone ever watched Trio? Rodney, Jennifer, and Sam fall though the ceiling into an abandoned mineshaft.

In that episode, they were only found by unhelpful kids who did nothing.

What if there was a similar situation where the only one to find them was a single not-too-intelligent wraith?

Comment

I recall reading a few similar to these. Frankly they quickly became "Star Trek Gate" with Earth suddenly becoming a superpower by actually being ultra intelligent all of a sudden.

I had an idea similar to this and even wrote the beginning of such a fic. It had to do with Jack and Daniel capturing Ra's mothership instead of destroying it. While Earth does have a serious advantage when teh System Lords appear, O'Neill personally goes through a dark downfall by way of the Sarcophagus that Ra tortured him with.

Check on Spacebattles Quinn, if anyone knows of fics those premises', they would.
                  you could do me a favour (and the rest of you out there could as well):

send me a PM with the links to those stories as well as any "jolinar did survive" (no crossovers with buffy and such though...crossover with other science fiction is ok, but not fantasy) and any "earth gets technology earlier" (might take the ship from the movie, might take apophises ships....might get the tok'ra to give them some....) i need some inspiration (have my own fiction still on hold....writers block....i am quite embarrassed about that, too

so thanks in advance and: see you later

greetings LAX

Comment

I've got a new one. Anyone seen the episode "Out of their minds" of Farscape? I know we've see close to it in 'Duet' but I'd like to see a full-out one, preferably in SGA.

Comment

Here's an idea I've been thinking about for a while, but never seen in fanfiction:

It's Charmed/SG1/SGA and set in the Morality Bites (Charmed, season 2) alternate future. Episode summary in the spoiler.

Spoiler:
                      In this future (2009) Phoebe used her powers to kill a famous baseball player who murdered a friend/co-worker of hers. They regularily break the 'no personal gain' rule. Magic was exposed, a modern witch hunt began, and Phoebe was burned at the stake on national television. The rest of the Halliwell family were cleared and not believed to be witches. Prue is alive, the Power of Three has been broken, and there's no 4th sister. Piper was the only one who had a child, a 6 year old daugther named Melinda.

What if Melinda joined the Air Force and was stationed at the SGC, and was chosen to go with the Atlantis Expedition? The episode doesn't say what the girl's powers were, just that she "wouldn't use them at school", so it's up to you. No all-powerful Wyatt-like crap though.

Basically a story where Melinda first end up on an SGC team (not SG-1) and later on an Atlantis team because she has the gene. How she subtly uses her powers to help her team(s), without exposing that she's a witch/whitelighter. After all this is a future where magical witches are executed.
                      Save me from the sin of self-destruction.
                      Forgive me, I can't stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
                        Ok, I actually am looking for some furry little bunnies to adopt. I need a few, and it's ok if they are really little. I've ended up at a place in my story (9,000 words in, no less) that I didn't expect. I don't particularly care to write goa'uld or tok'ra, but I have a few of them that need a future, or I have to ditch my story.

Basically, I have six symbiotes in a zoo, and SG-1 finds out and goes to see them. Now, if they don't have hosts, we don't now who they are or what philosophy they live by... so I need some help. So any ideas, and non-canon symbiotes who have stories but not an origin, please holler at me. I won't use any character without asking the author's permission first.
                        Well, if they haven't tried to jump anyone, then they're almost 100% certain to be Tok'ra.

Besides - I'm certain the Tok'ra can talk to the symbiote/understand squeal, so just contact them? Both Apophis and Hathor seem to talk to an unhosted symbiote, who very much seems to understand.

Perhaps the symbiotes were found in a lake? In jars that happened to break? Left over by Egeria/last survivors of a larger batch she hid on Earth? Perhaps make one a queen?
                        sigpic
                        Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
                          Well, if they haven't tried to jump anyone, then they're almost 100% certain to be Tok'ra.

Besides - I'm certain the Tok'ra can talk to the symbiote/understand squeal, so just contact them? Both Apophis and Hathor seem to talk to an unhosted symbiote, who very much seems to understand.

Perhaps the symbiotes were found in a lake? In jars that happened to break? Left over by Egeria/last survivors of a larger batch she hid on Earth? Perhaps make one a queen?
                          I've read the story in question and we've been talking about it back-channel. You're on the same page as I am, Skadi. She's doing a crossover, and it looks to be good. I'm still trying to figure out a way to cross the universe she's creating with my own, because I need a Tok'ra queen. (Doesn't everyone? )

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                          Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                          sigpic
                          now also appearing on DeviantArt
                          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
                            Stargate SG-1 shippy bunny. I'm a pragmatic shipper. I this idea would make both shipper and non-shippers happy. It would be loads of fun to write, but I'm not very good with mushy stuff. I hope you guys/gals like it, and feel free to adopt it!

Cut to van scene outside of the high school...this takes place much as it does in canon, but with Jack and Sam in the front seat, and Young Jack and Young Sam in the back.

Whoever adopts this bunny can add the farewell dialogue.

As Sam and Jack drive away, Young Sam and Young Jack look at each other and smile. To the same soft fade-out music they played at the end of "Lost City," we see Young Jack and Sam walk away.

Jack's hand slowly moves toward Sam's. Their fingertips find each other and then we fade to the credits.

Awwww...

Now someone adopt this bunny so we can find out what happens to Young Jack and Young Sam. [/spoilers]
                            Ummm...did anyone adopt this poor homeless plot bunny??
                            sigpic
                            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post

Yes, as SF said, we're trying to work it out. They'll end up being Egeria's kids and one will certainly be a queen. I like the idea of them being found in a dig or something. There aren't any hosted Tok'ra in the story as Jacob is off-world somewhere and the SGC decides the situation is too dangerous to wait. They go to see if the creatures are in fact goa'uld with Janet's knowledge of the physiology and Sam's memories from Jolinar (the kid who identifies them isn't sure they are the same or just a similar creature). I'm still fielding suggestions if you want to toss anything else this way.
                              Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                              Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

SGU Bunny: Based upon S1EP13 (spoilers within),
                                Spoiler:
                                instead of only a small contingent of people staying on the planet, some apparently irreparable damage is done to destiny, and the entire team evacuates to the planet, where they begin new lives. Their new focus is on creating new lives, but with a strong emphasis on researching the monument on the island, and trying to discover/contact/learn about the aliens who had built this planet. Do they find out about the aliens? Are they hostile, friendly, neutral? Condescending, beneficent, fra- or maternal?Do the aliens know about Destiny and her mission? Can they help the colonists return to Destiny? Etc.

Caleb

Comment

Working...
                                X