This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madwitch58 View Post
    I thought this one up at work. Rodney makes a bet with Shepperd not to lost his temper or yell at any one for a whole week. Can Rodney do it or will he blow?
    Originally posted by Jper View Post
    What would they be betting for/about?
    If you don't mind me switching things up a little, what if Rodney's infected with something that weakens his blood vessels? If he even begins to get angry his heart must beat faster, which would make the blood vessels burst and kill him. So maybe it's not a bet but an absolute must--Rodney has to be calm until a cure is found or else he's dead. (And we all know how Rodney feels about dying. See Hide and Seek for details.)
    sigpic
    ~the guitarists~

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c_PI View Post
      If you don't mind me switching things up a little, what if Rodney's infected with something that weakens his blood vessels? If he even begins to get angry his heart must beat faster, which would make the blood vessels burst and kill him. So maybe it's not a bet but an absolute must--Rodney has to be calm until a cure is found or else he's dead. (And we all know how Rodney feels about dying. See Hide and Seek for details.)

Or even more "let's make Rodney's life miserable" story ideas, what if something happened to McKay that made it to where he was unable to talk, even if only temporarily. Can you imagine McKay not being able to mouth off? I can just see him getting red-faced in his frustration.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwitch58 View Post
        I thought this one up at work. Rodney makes a bet with Shepperd not to lost his temper or yell at any one for a whole week. Can Rodney do it or will he blow?
        Originally posted by Jper View Post
        What would they be betting for/about?
        Originally posted by Teal'c_PI View Post
        I *love* making Rodney's life a misery! I might snurch this one if you don't mind Don't know when I'll write it, but I'll certainly think about it
        McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
          I *love* making Rodney's life a misery! I might snurch this one if you don't mind Don't know when I'll write it, but I'll certainly think about it
          If no one minds, I think I'll take the 'Rodney will die if he gets mad' idea (I guess it's technically mine, but Madwitch58 had the idea...) and make it into a Season 7 episode. Thanks for the inspiration!
          sigpic
          ~the guitarists~

Comment

Originally posted by Automission
            Plot bunny time.
            Rodney and co are exploring one of the taller buildings on Atlantis, and they find out that it is in fact a new form of Battleship, but stood upright for construction, much like a Rocket ship.
            All I've got so far, feel free to use it!
            That's an awesome idea! I hope someone writes that.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaZero View Post
              I've had this idea knocking around in my head so figured I'd post and see what you guys think. I started to think about this after season 1 and have had it on my mind ever since.

How many stargates do you think there are, and over how many planets and galaxies? I guess what im trying to get at is how do you build and deploy a network of startgates across the universe?

I had this idea for a floating stargate factory. So the factory builds and deploys the gates, while at the same time collecting raw materials from the planets it visits.

Of course the ship would need to defend itself, but I dont think it would be able to attack. More over I believe that is would use some kind of "cloaking" device in order to hide itself.

On board would be the build room, the test room, the control tower and of course the Gate Station. The last one being a collection of star gates so that the Alterans could gate onto the factory from any galaxy and then gate away to any other galaxy if they so choose to do so?

Like I said, an idea.

Alf
              They pay the writers way too much when the fans could do an equally good job, this guy more or less just predicted the whole SGU premise.

Comment

Jack on the ship in Unending.

Comment

Originally posted by absolutdc2001 View Post
                  There are SOOO many of these it's not even funny. All i have to say is dontcha wonder why TPTB didn't do that in the first place?

-----------------------------

I have two plot bunnies which i'm probably not going to write anytime soon. (might eventually if i can storyboard something cool)

#1 would be mid/late Season 9 or even Season 10 (After Ba'al has left Earth) and deals with PMCs. Basically Ba'al hired a couple of human mercenaries for 2 reasons, 1, they work for money instead of honor or slavery like the Jaffa or the human slaves he had. 2, he injects some Ba'al symbiotes into teh toughest ones to keep surviving with all the combat knowledge of those mercs.

Here are some scenes i had in my head that could make it into this one. Don't read if you want yours to be totally original

Spoiler:
                  1: SG1 are done exploring a planet and right as they're heading into the gate to the SGC, one of the mercs uses an Earth Built Sniper rifle to pick one of them off (I was thinking Sam) The shot goes a little south and instead of killing her, her vest absorbs most of teh shock but it knocks teh hell out of her (broken clavicle, massive bruising) so on the ramp to the gate in the SGC, Sam's on the floor groaning in pain from the surprise attack. Up to you whether the bullet penetrates or not. i would have it penetrate but mostly absorbed by their new armor.

2: A forensic scientist showing SG1 and Landry the bullet and stating that it had to come from Earth. mention specific caliber, type of gunpowder, yadda yadda. I was thinking an M-25 Sniper rifle liek teh one the Marines use.

3: A Teal'c PI moment with the Jaffa intimidating some PMC secretary to find out who Ba'al's hired.

4: SGC Strike Team VS Urban Guerilla Mercs. I'm envisioning a really tough battle where each side has it's advantages adn disadvantages (SGC has lifesigns detectors, advanced weaponry, better armor. Wheras the Mercs have great experience with urban combat, some Goa'uld tech for the Ba'al infested, traps and whatnot)

5: A few of the Mercs get hired by the SGC for teh war against the Ori as they now have experience hiding out off-world.

My other plot bunny is a Sarah Gardner/Daniel story where he's almost giving her therapy for her time as Osiris. To add a time delay crisis, have one of the SG teams or even a member of SG1 get trapped by somethign only Osiris knows how to stop, and Sarah has to help save them while dealing with teh violation. I'm imagining very angsty, and at least give her a good reason to never appear in the series again.

Oh and please. No Sam/Jack ship in either. in fact, no ship whatsoever... (alright you can hint at it but if it has blatant Sam/Jack i'm either skipping that chapter or if it's interspersed all over, not reading)
                  Last edited by Guest; 25 August 2009, 05:51 PM. Reason: repling to something

Comment

There are SOOO many of these it's not even funny.
                    Really? Any recs? Because I can never find any. A couple of WIP's is all I've come across.

Comment

This came to me in a dream last night I know it will sound weird.

As you know the Jaffa were kept ignorant by the Goauld. Now that they are gone the Jaffa inherited their tech. They know how to use them but they do not understand them or know how to build them. The modernists have come to a solution send the Jaffa to school. They run an exchange program to send Jaffa teenager to earth University or High school.

In the school the Jaffa deal will have to deal with more than just the dreaded Math but a series of plots because Goauld have infiltrated the school to enslave the future of the Tauri or are hiding out from the NID.
                      Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by absolutdc2001 View Post
                        I agree with this completely. General Landy should have been replaced with O'neil. O'neil is legendary among the asgards I had hoped they would have been able to say their good byes. It also give the Sam and Jack relationship one last hurrah!
                        Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

First off, love this thread! Such good ideas you peoples have!

Secondly...
                          Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
                          In the season 4 episode "Trio" what would have happened if there was no rope for them (McKay, Keller and Carter) to find and they had to do as McKay suggested of stripping down to their underwear to make a rope out of their cloths?
                          Heh, started this one... dunno if/when it will get finished.

Thirdly...
                          Originally posted by TragicComedy View Post
                          Thought of another one for SGA.

I'm not positive but doesn't John have a guitar in his room? I found this Johnny Cash song called Remember Me (I'm The One Who Loves You) that is really beautiful.

The scene is this:

John (and 'ship of your choice) have just had a baby together. He thinks he's alone with the baby and sings this song to her/him when all the while (partner of your choice) is watching the entire time.

Cute, right? If someone does write a fic with this, PM me or something. I'd love to read it!
                          Even tho I'm not a Shep fan/thunker I would certainly read this if it were a fic. I love this sort of thing.

Fourthly... One of my plot bunnies, I have (quite) a few. This one could go any number of ways. Basically, Rodney has a child(preferably a daughter) that he has never mentioned before, for whatever reason; or he doesn't know she exists. Her age can be up to you, but I prefer her to be young-ish. Maybe preteen... or younger.

Spoiler:
                          #1)
                          She could be living with whom ever, someone from Rodney's past; her mother? Something happens to his child and he gets recalled back to Earth to be with her, to help her. To save her. If she's sick he brings her back to Atlantis because the only cure for what(ever) ails her lies in the Pegasus Galaxy.

#2)
                          She is living with her mother. Her mother dies leaving her alone. Her mother's lawyer has been instructed, in the event of her death, to find Rodney and notify him of her death...maybe give him a letter that she wrote to him. Rodney leaves Atlantis to be with his daughter, perhaps stay with her.

I'm not sure about these now that I've jotted them down. Ignore 'em.

I've always loved the idea of a male character on a tv show finding out he has a child he never knew about. Magnum P.I. for instance. He met this little girl and discovered she was his daughter. I would love to see this happen to Rodney.

Then there is this line that I've had in my head for what seems like a year(but not really).

It goes something like this: Well, you didn't leave a daughter behind when you came here, did you? ...Rodney would inadvertently let this slip out during a conversation with Sheppard. It would go a long way in explaining why he is the way he is(i.e. cranky, arrogant, snarky...), and why he seems to hate kids. Because he's missing his own kid.

Okay, that's it.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by TragicComedy View Post
                            Thought of another one for SGA.

I'm not positive but doesn't John have a guitar in his room? I found this Johnny Cash song called Remember Me (I'm The One Who Loves You) that is really beautiful.

The scene is this:

John (and 'ship of your choice) have just had a baby together. He thinks he's alone with the baby and sings this song to her/him when all the while (partner of your choice) is watching the entire time.

Cute, right? If someone does write a fic with this, PM me or something. I'd love to read it!
                            Hmmm... i might have to pop that one into a fic of mine one of these days.

I do have a little fluffy scene in one fic that is sorta like this. (though the whole fic has little to do with the kid and he's not singing)

Warped Mirror: John and Rodney are sent to an Alternate Reality and have to find their way home, but this reality is dark, and a single change in the past gives a completely different future. (Dark!Fic)

Here's teh specific scene though, if the story's not your flavor then you can just read the single scene here, (About halfway down) http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5014856/12/Warped_Mirror

Comment

Hiya all!

I'm new to this site, but have had a wonderful time reading all the bunnies posted here.

I've have a few of my own - some of which are actually being written!

Daniel and Sam actually are related. Sam's brother Mark is only her half-brother; Jacob's son from a previous marriage (divorced or deceased, you choose).

Sam's mother also had a child previously (whether willingly, an accident, or unwillingly), but, for whatever reason, gave him up for adoption.

The plot line would, naturally, center on the team discovering this connection. Teal'c could make a reference to Star Wars - Luke and Leia! Which leaves Jack to be Han... and get the girl!

Jon O'Neill (Jack's clone) goes off to high school. What if, at this high school, he makes some new friends? Like Jake, Marco, Cassie and Rachel? Perhaps he finds an interesting piece of technology in an abandoned construction site... like a blue cube with intriguing powers. Crossover with Animorphs. (I would love to read this one! I may even write it someday, but I know that there can be a lot of problems with crossovers.)

"Whoa! Daniel! Chill! You're talking in chipmunk and I can only listen in human!

Comment

Heres one I thought of recently and wouldn't mind using it myself:

It follows Britians first 304, HMS Ark Royal on its campain agains the wraith as part of a Battlegroup made up of other 304's and modified 303's. The Ark Royal is slightly different to other 304's in that it is bulkier and the hangars are closer the the main body than in other 304's. The Wraith have improved their ships and can now hold up pretty well against the Humanities ships but they have been reduced in numbers and so have banded together and are travelling in wolf-packs.

So what do you guys think?

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Working...
                                X