Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, how about this, a teenager from a strange race the SG Atlatis team came across on another planet that has been almost wholely killed of by some mysterious cause. (Like Cassandra) and she seems so innocent and helpless at the time they take her back through the Stargate with them. As they try to find another planet for her to go to, she is annoying the CRAP out of everyone with her teenagerness. She always is hanging around and seems to be annoying everyone, especially Rodney. She hangs around his lab asking what he is doing 20 times a minute.

But she also takes liking for John, and he cant seem to be able to shake her. very obvious liking. The only one who can stand to put up with her is Ronon. She gives him advice and he has someone to talk to.

When they find another place for her to go to they almost have to shove her through the gate. As soon as she is gone they discover that she had taken an imporatant chip for their most important peice of equipment, the one that controlls the gate. After traveling by ship all the way to the planet, they find that she is very happy in her new home but in exchange for the chip, she demands to marry John.

After much persuasion the team forces him to go through with it. At the very end though, John breaks hold of the girl's grip and returnes home, happy to be getting away from her.

OK, it has really nothing to do with science or important races, but it would make for a funny episode! I would call it, "Ice Queen"

Comment

I can't remember what I was doing when I came up with this plot bunny, but here it is if anyone wishes to adopt it. It sort of reminds me when the Native Americans were first introduced to illnesses brought from Europe.

Spoiler:
      A team from Atlantis goes through the gate to trade with the natives. One member of the team has an early sign of a cold. The natives are primitive, and have no effective method of medication. This strain of cold is unknown to them. The cold is an Earth ill, from a new contingent of members from Earth. The village soon succumbs to it, and it mutates with the cold of this planet, turning deadly. Many of the village die. People running from the illness soon meet up and spread the disease to other villages, killing many more.

When the team goes back there to finalise the trade agreement, they find most of the villages wiped out. Those that are left refuse to trade or even let them near the village, calling them plague carriers. In the end, the expedition has killed nearly 2/3s of the population of that planet with the common cold.

Once this has been identified as the reason for the deaths, and not something else that is natural to that planet, the leader of Atlantis insists on medical examinations prior to off-world teams going through the gate, especially those that have just come through from earth, or even a quarantine when they first come through.

It would be a bit like a character study, only a more... planet-wide what-if study thing...

Comment

okay phoenix, what have you got?

Comment

In season 10's episode, The Pegasus Project, there is potential for a missing scene to explain why Teal'C got stuck with staying in the Milky Way to monitor the experiment while the rest of the team (even Vala) got to go to Atlantis.

"I have darkness inside of me!" - SpongeBob Squarepants

Comment

This has probably been done, but what if Jonas didn't leave when Daniel came back? How would that have gone for SG-1?
            sigpic
            Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
            I'm a 60%er!
            ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

My plot bunny consists of the SGC constructing their own Supergate, for quick travel between Pegasus and Milky Way.

That's all I've got. Can't think how to flesh it out so something exciting and unexpected happens. I don't think I've got this writing thing down.

Comment

I have a plot bunny.
                Sheppard, Kolya, and a Wraith are traped on a world togather and much relay on each other to live. The twist, they can now read each other minds.
                Madwitch58
                The Madwitch of the Midwest.

They used to say that watching horror movies would turn me into a chainsaw killer.
                Well, I have never killed a chainsaw in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwitch58 View Post
                  I have a plot bunny.
                  Sheppard, Kolya, and a Wraith are traped on a world togather and much relay on each other to live. The twist, they can now read each other minds.
                  Wraith eats both to live, contacts other wraith, goes home.

Comment

This can be a silly fic or ever how you plan to do it.
                    Shepperd takes Rodney, Teyla, and Ronon on a camping/fishing trip on Earth.A skunl, a baer and posion ivy would be a plus
                    Madwitch58

They used to say that watching horror movies would turn me into a chainsaw killer.

Comment

I have a plot bunny that I may/may not be using.

It involves Keller, Bolaki (spelling?) and a wraith toddler...
                      If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
                      sigpic

Comment

I have a crazy plot bunny for anyone who wants to use it. Sometimes when I'm looking for plot bunnies for myself I research unexplained events that have happened on Earth. Here's one I found:

"Gil Perez was a Spanish soldier who suddenly appeared in Mexico City on October 26, 1593. He was wearing the uniform of the guards of the Del Gobernador Palace in the Philippines. He claimed to have no idea how he had managed to appear in Mexico. He stated that moments before finding himself there, he had been on sentry duty in Manila at the governor’s Palace. He told them that the governor (Don Gómez Pérez Dasmariñas) had just been assassinated.
                        Two months later, news arrived from the Philippines by ship. They carried news that confirmed that the governor had been killed and they verified other aspects of Perez’s story. Witnesses confirmed that Perez had indeed been on duty in Manila just before arriving in Mexico. In addition, one of the passengers on the ship recognized Perez and swore that he had seen him in the Philippines on October 23. Perez eventually returned to the Philippines and resumed his life - which was uneventful until his death."

To make it Stargate-worthy, someone could make this to where it was Ancient (or whoever) technology that caused this. Daniel (or again, whoever you want) could look into this story and want to check out its authenticy for himself. Events can unfold from there however you wish.

It would be interesting to see the technology be Furling simply because they are so unknown and it would allow complete freedom in how it works - not to mention we already know Furlings are known for transporter technology from the Maybourne episode.

Anyway, if this floats anyones boat and they decide to use it, feel free but I'd love to read it so let me know!

Comment

Thought of another one for SGA.

I'm not positive but doesn't John have a guitar in his room? I found this Johnny Cash song called Remember Me (I'm The One Who Loves You) that is really beautiful.

The scene is this:

John (and 'ship of your choice) have just had a baby together. He thinks he's alone with the baby and sings this song to her/him when all the while (partner of your choice) is watching the entire time.

Cute, right? If someone does write a fic with this, PM me or something. I'd love to read it!

Comment

For reasons you'll have to make up because I couldn't think of anything, Ronon is without his team on a world and comes across a small Wraith child. He can't get back to Atlantis and is basically on the run. For reasons he's not even sure of, he protects the child.

I think it'd be cool to see a story of Ronon having a conflict of conscious when it comes to the Wraith. He's always been very "let's just kill them" with no exceptions and I'd like to have him forced to reconsider because of his experiences with this child.

PM me if you take this story on! I'd love to read it.

Comment

I thought this one up at work. Rodney makes a bet with Shepperd not to lost his temper or yell at any one for a whole week. Can Rodney do it or will he blow?
                              Madwitch58

Comment

What would they be betting for/about?
                                A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Working...
                                X