No announcement yet.

Stargate Atlantis - Allies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are? I haven't seen any new Allies ones. I know captives has been doing well. I am desperately typing away here. how many words are you wanting?
    sigpic
    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
      We are? I haven't seen any new Allies ones. I know captives has been doing well. I am desperately typing away here. how many words are you wanting?
      Oh yes, some of the reviews have been PM's but there will more for Allies that I know for sure

Whatever you can manage Stewart, hmmm lets see I posted about 8 or more chapters for Allies, @ about 1500 words average...counts fingers.....oh that's 12,000 words give or take
      My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
      sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
        Oh yes, some of the reviews have been PM's but there will more for Allies that I know for sure

Whatever you can manage Stewart, hmmm lets see I posted about 8 or more chapters for Allies, @ about 1500 words average...counts fingers.....oh that's 12,000 words give or take
        Ha. Ha.

12,000 words, fine. In time. How many words in this particular chapter?
        sigpic
        385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Ha. Ha.

12,000 words, fine. In time. How many words in this particular chapter?
          They've been averaging out to 2-3K which is a reasonable one chapter read I think. Just replied to your review on the Firerose, thank you so much Stewart.

Comment

Yer welcome mate. I sent ya a PM on FF.net.

Well, as soon as I have somethign I think you'll like, I'll get it sent.

(I have deleted the first 1000 words TWICE now....)
            sigpic
            385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Yer welcome mate. I sent ya a PM on FF.net.

Well, as soon as I have somethign I think you'll like, I'll get it sent.

(I have deleted the first 1000 words TWICE now....)
              A little thing i do when i'm stuck like that is just force mechanical writing. Just slam out the chapter with the bare basics.

Take a day or two off it, maybe go and relieve some stress at the batting cage, then come back and start EDITING.

By editing, i mean taking out useless things, adding detail, rewording, yadda yadda. I find editing so much easier (and funner) than actual writing
              Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
              Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
              Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Hmm....might give it a go.

but the thing is, usually, I LOVE the writing bit. The creating, going from my plan and making it live.....hrrm...

Plus, Sam, normally your advice would be followed. However, I've kept the boss waiting too long now

btw, emailed ya
                sigpic
                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Hmm....might give it a go.

but the thing is, usually, I LOVE the writing bit. The creating, going from my plan and making it live.....hrrm...

Plus, Sam, normally your advice would be followed. However, I've kept the boss waiting too long now

btw, emailed ya
                  Got the e-mail. As soon as you-know-who gets back to me, it's going up and the hot potato goes to the next person You're third in line so you've still got time And definitely going with option numero 2.

What? Oh we're not talking about anything. Just my schizophrenia, it can be annoying sometimes

As far as writing. I've found that taking a break definitely helps one to recharge. i haven't wrirten anything in like a month, and i feel more recharged for it. I may even get to the next episode of DF sooner rather than later.

I used to do much like you, the passion for writing and following the plan. As time went by though i'd look back and go "Dammit! i could have added this!'

So i typically sit on something i've written for a week or two and pad and preen and nip and tuck i find i'm less inclined to look back and headdesk (except when i learn i've been doing something wrong, which i recently did )

Then again i'm doing by far the most technical job ever right now. I'm quite literally testing 30 soundcards and 20 network cards to see if they work. So tedious and time consuming.. at least i have my laptop here as well whuahahaha!
                  Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                  Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                  Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Man, that sounds tedious........jeez O.......
                    sigpic
                    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

I think Aragon has tedious bones Gman the story is going great Love every minute of it.

Thanks to Commander PJOZ for the siggy

Comment

You are doing a marvelous job Stewart, any criticism I see on the story, looks more like jealousy to me.
                        Without the medical corps, there would be no SG teams left

wonderful Signature by my Daughter RogueRanger aka Melanie

Comment

Thanks for the compliments, people.
                          sigpic
                          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Friends, you have them Stewart

Comment

oh BB, where for art thou BB
                              sigpic

Comment

Don't worry. Come half eleven standard/greenwich/regular human beings time, there should be more up. Dinnae fret pooks.
                                sigpic
                                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Working...
                                X