No announcement yet.

Five Horsemen Productions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am glad that you all are enjoying this story. I am getting close to finishing Chapter 13. What do you think is to occur in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
      I am glad that you all are enjoying this story. I am getting close to finishing Chapter 13. What do you think is to occur in the future?
      ok cool, I look forward to reading it.

humm, I think the IOA would like them to go back to earth to talk to the rest of the IOA and DoH.

Comment

I am getting closer to finishing Chapter 13. After that, just two more chapters and 6x20 is finished.

Comment

I am getting closer to finishing Chapter 13. After that, just two more chapters and 6x20 is finished.
          Thats cool, I so cant wait!!!!!!

Comment

Here is Chapter 13.

Spoiler:
            In a lab on Atlantis, the central platform for the chair is complete as the chair is moved on top of it. Smaller components are materialized onto it, as two technicians bring in some larger parts. Dr. Jackson looks onward fixed on the chair itself.

“So this is how you fix your systems?” he said.

“Somewhat. Fabrication occurs here and several other locations in the city. Here is where we can assemble the chair itself.” Janus replied.

“I always wondered how you did it. Making the chair, that is.” Daniel said, referring to the chair.

Janus enters the center of the room, carrying a wand like tool in his hand. He picks up a plate and centers it on the platform.

“Dr. McKay.” He gestures to him.

McKay hands Janus another part out of a work-kit.

“This equipment right here is designed to align the larger components of the main structure together during the assembly.

“We should have been doing this ourselves by now.”

“Yes, you could and should have. That’s not the point anymore. What’s important now is that it is being done. When we are done, and this chair is sent to Earth, you will be able to defend the planet against an attack as you’ve done before.”

“I hope so, with the I.O.A. running things, we might as well just pack up and fly back to Earth with this thing.” McKay was a bit sarcastic, but Janus understood anyway.

“Let’s install the main plates now.” Janus indicated the larger plates to go onto the platform to shape the chair. McKay pulled out another instrument for them to use and the chair began to come together.

Daniel just sat back and observed them carefully. He was no engineer, but to watch the two of them collaborating well brought him a good feeling. He remembered when SG-1 first found the Ancient outpost in Antarctica six years ago. He was always fascinated with the architecture and art created by the Ancients, whether it was the Lantean civilization or the older Alterrans. Even Ori architecture gained his admiration and respect.

Watching Janus and McKay assemble the chair system reminded him that even though the technology was alien to his kind, it was one that could be related to.

A few other technicians brought them more synthetic blocks, and Janus returned to the control systems. McKay pulled the equipment that they were using away from the chair, which was starting to take shape, the central structure where he or another would sit being in place, with the foot platform also attached.

The arm rests and the back of the chair were still missing, not for long though. Janus triggered some new settings on his display and the composite material placed in several places was reformulated into several components and a holographic display appeared around the partially-constructed chair reminiscent of when Daniel was building the Sangraal.

Daniel understood what Janus was doing perfectly. The chair was coming together. Several more components for the chair went into place, and then the rest of the bottom assembled around it. A few seconds later the arm rests materialized and the back of the chair came on top.

Janus instructed McKay to resume the final assembly. McKay got the equipment back out and finished aligning the remaining internals that Janus specified. The chair was just about done at this point. Janus walked towards the chair and plugged a device into the port where the Subspace Potentia Module would be placed.

It had a similar shape to a ZPM, but it was also tied to one of Janus’ instruments. Janus stated that he was checking the assemblage for errors, of which there were none. It was ready to go.

Daniel spoke up again, after what seemed like half an hour. “I noticed that parts of it, the platform and the central lower parts were built by the two of you, while the rest was just thrown on synthetically.”

“I decided to allow your Dr. McKay a chance to begin versing himself in industrial fabrication. This seemed appropriate, since I intended to rebuild the control chair that you lost last year. This one however, has a difference. In order to ensure that this chair will be placed in Antarctica, it has the ability to check its own location. It will only operate in the original Alterran outpost.”

“So, the chair can be built using synthesis or manual labor?” Daniel asked.

“Or a combination. It depends on your resources and time constraints.”

“Incredible. So what happens now?”

“You should inform your expedition leader that we are finished.”

“We actually did it! We rebuilt the control chair for Earth.” McKay exclaimed.

Daniel, McKay, and Janus left the facility and returned to the central section of the city.

In the control room, Woolsey is arguing with the other I.O.A. members over whether he is handling the Ancient situation properly. Kelzio’s attitude towards the I.O.A. was not what they expected, given what they knew of the Ancients. Some felt threatened by Kelzio’s words. They couldn’t understand what he was referring to, but it was clear that he was speaking a bit apocalyptic.

They knew he was directing his words at them and their actions, but his referring to the Ancients seemed odd. About following their civilization and their ways. That wasn’t the entirety. He seemed quite forceful at criticizing their plans on a gene therapy for the Wraith. What is he?

Janus, McKay, and Daniel went into the conference room and spoke to Woolsey and the rest.

“It’s all set to go. Chair’s ready.” McKay said.

“Already? You only began just over an hour ago.” Woolsey said, surprised.

“Janus knew what he was doing. We even built some of it together.”

“You are free to install it on Earth when you wish.”

“I thank you for your assistance to us. I still have some questions for you and your colleague.”

“I know. I will answer what I can now.”

“We also have another expert in Ancient technology that will arrive in the city soon. Her name is Samantha Carter. She’s currently commanding one of our ships. We were hoping that you would reconsider and stay here longer.”

“I might be convinced, since I am finding this city is on the brink of self-destruction. When I said to your former leader that our kind would return, I meant it quite literally.”

“So you were planning to return to Atlantis?”

“To a degree. Once the events of your expedition occurred, I would find an appropriate moment to appear.”

“You built another time machine.” McKay interrupted.

“Not directly. That was another of us. I was responsible for the first two. The second I left on a planet in your home galaxy knowing that your kind would find it and use it.”

“How much do you really know about us?”

“We know that your actions regarding the Wraith have been of greater negligence than even the Lanteans.”

”Greater negligence? Our people have been fighting the Wraith and have had strong success in curtailing the cullings and we have dealt them considerable setbacks.”

“Setbacks but not their extinction. You have opportunity after opportunity to decisively eliminate these entities. Your ships, the 304s you call, are in fact MORE powerful than our battleships fielded during the war. You could have put a stop to them when they were at their weakest over two years ago.”

“I’ve been trying for years to think of ways to defeat the Wraith, and you tell me it’s just that simple?” McKay wasn’t too happy to hear Janus like this.

“The weapons technology given to you by the Asgard is a highly effective way to destroy them. You could have taken their hives down very quickly before they could have mounted a defense or escape. I intend to see that you learn from your mistakes this time.”

The room is silent.

Later in the conference room, Woolsey, the I.O.A. members, Sheppard, along with Rodney McKay are present opposite Janus and Kelzio.

“Evidently this city is on a path to annihilation, including your civilization. I have made the decision to remain here in Atlantis.”

Woolsey was the first to respond.

“Will Kelzio also be staying here as well?” he asked, cautiously.

“No, I will not. Janus is giving you one last chance for your civilization to survive. I am returning, while Janus will remain. I know that you here will likely be happy.”

Kelzio is looking at the I.O.A. at this point. The rest begin heading out of the conference room.

“You are certain?” Kelzio told Janus.

“I will try and give them one last chance to set themselves right.”

“They may not deserve it, thinking that the universe is theirs to experiment with.”

“Perhaps. The one as John Sheppard does wish to break their declination. I believe he can see what is happening to them. You return to the void and continue to wait for Komaris. How much longer is unknown even to us. His nature is that of eccentricity and omnipotence.”

“From his actions we have witnessed, his father tells us that it is greater a task on his part than ours. Telnoris and his son claim of a Lemuria heritage. At first, if there was any remnant, it would likely be buried under extensive depths on the world of Celestis. What Komaris tells is that is not possible anymore.”

As the rest continue their way to the gate, Janus and Kelzio continue their private discussion.

“Komaris knows what is going to happen to them, and he said that even if we were to tell them, it would change nothing.”

“So why not tell them anyway?”
            Janus asked. ”I could at the least prepare them more openly.”

“Their leaders would become obsessed with trying to alter their reality. Their kind has ventured into timelines other than their own and even universes different from theirs. Since Telnoris gave us the ability to detect their manipulations, you and I know what they would do.”

“True. Perhaps their kind still has enough of them willing to embrace an end with their pride and will to survive, rather than obsession. The entities that rule their kind have given them a road to extinction, a rather slow one though.”

“Be careful, Janus.”

“I will.”

Kelzio approached the Stargate, and the Stargate materialized automatically.

“We haven’t dialed yet.” Woolsey stated.

“That isn’t necessary for him.” Janus said.

“Where’s he going?” Daniel asked.

“He is returning.”

Kelzio enters the gate. The gate immediately shuts off.

Chuck grabs Woolsey’s attention.

“Mr. Woolsey, the readings here show that the gate didn’t activate.”

“How can that be?”

“We didn’t want to infringe on your power systems. We have the ability to control technology much differently than you.”

Woolsey looked concerned. All gate activity was monitored, yet there was no readings on power output or destination.

“Kelzio does not want you to know where he is going.”

“But you know?”

“I cannot tell you. The only thing that matters is a restoration of this city and setting its inhabitants right. The next task will be to restore the main defensive systems of the city. Following this, I will need to make a full survey of the Lantean fleet to see if any more ships are left.”

“Well, yeah about that, we already came across the Aurora and…” McKay interrupted.

“The Aurora’s retrieval effort was a failure. You need to accept that. There can still be more done. You must attain your resolve for survival.”

“There’s still one more person I’d like you to meet, she’s a super-expert in Ancient technology and on the Stargate.”

“I already know. When she arrives, we can continue further.”

--End of Chapter 13.

Feedback, feedback, feedback.

Comment

It was great,I was so not expecting that to happen. I love it, please keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Glad you like it.

Working on Chapter 14 now.

Comment

Glad you like it.

Working on Chapter 14 now.
                  Will feedback tonight... currently uhh... occupied
                  Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                  Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                  Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Any occupational hazard can keep you occupied.

Comment

Any occupational hazard can keep you occupied.
                      Ohh you'll see what i was occupied with pretty sure i just shot a beehive with a shotgun. Should be interesting

Oh and i'm already starting prep on "Occupational Hazard 2: Standard Operating Procedure"
                      Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Comment

I know, I read it as you were posting it.

Comment

Okay, just read it, pretty nifty though some times i had trouble telling who was speaking. I like the apocalyptic references Kelzio makes and Janus being back is always awesome I like to think of him as a Snarky Carter, smart, and he'll make it known, but he's not arrogant or condescending to those that don't deserve it. I'm highly anticipating his meeting with Sam i can see her getting a little giddy at the opportunity to learn Ancient Tech since she hasn't had that much of a chance

Comment

It was a great one!
                            Janus staying and I hate the IOA, and maybe make some more ZPMs... I mean Janus could do that...
                            sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Well, I am working on Chapter 14 right now. I hope to have it done as soon as possible.

I still would like to have more feedback. The next chapter will have some interesting moments with Carter, McKay, and Janus.

Comment

So.. That was 10 days ago.. Is it finished?
                                sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Working...
                                X