Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we go. Chapter 3.

Spoiler:
    “I told Sheppard to head for the dart bay, and I would catch up right after him. I was going to hold back the Wraith for him.”

More Wraith continued to enter.

“There was a lot of them. I tried to buy as much time for Sheppard as I could. I dropped at least half a dozen of ‘em.”

Ford shot a few more of them.

“I managed to hold them off for another minute, before I had to change magazines. Had to pull back a bit. Went mostly for head shots; try and snipe them down quick and save ammo. Managed to get another stunner and use that instead.”

"The hive was taking damage, and a lot of Wraith were heading towards the dart bay. I had to pull back, or about 50 more Wraith would come from all around me."

"So, what did you do?" Janus asked.

"I figured that I could get the jump on one of the pilots, and get my own dart after most of them had gone through. Back in the other direction, there was that Neera person just, staring at me. Wraith worshipping piece of--- she just stood there. Can you believe that there's some like that?"

"During the first war, a number of planets tried to negotiate with the Wraith. They were simply taken later than those who fought back directly."

Ford wasn't surprised at all.

"How about those who buried or dismantled their gates?" Ford asked Janus, figuring he'd know.

"Many of those worlds were never heard from again from Atlantis. When our ships came to several of the planets, there was very little left. On more than one occasion, there was some debris from Wraith fighters left in orbit."

"Some picked up and pretty much left their world."

"Again, with you and the Wraith collaborator, what did you do?"

"I pointed my gun at her, and told her to walk forward slowly. A couple other corridors were empty, and just as she started to walk towards me, she tried to run the other way. I shouldn't have bothered, but I ran after her anyway. Figured I'd bag us a Wraith worshipper for show. Another two of them came out of nowhere and tried to jump me. And then, some Wraith came at me again. One tried to stun me, but it didn't work. The hive was taking some serious hits, I thought it was from Sheppard's guys on the outside, apparently the hives were whaling on each other."

"And then, how did you get off the hive, if you are here talking to me?"

"That's when they came, and picked me up."

A man wearing some equipment came up from behind a Wraith and fired some kind of pulse beam at another Wraith, disintegrating it. A wraith tried to strike another that appeared but was repelled by a defensive shield.

"Take them down!" Ford shouted to the unknowns.

Another one appeared and fired a staggered burst at another Wraith. This one didn't disintegrate, but was killed. He stood over the Wraith's body waiting for it to revive. After a few seconds, the Wraith still didn't move.

"Get up!" One of the men said directly to the Wraith on the ground.

"I know you can hear me. Get up, or I'll drag you on your feet."

"Who are you?" Ford said.

One of the men turned to Ford, his eyes locked on his. Ford looked back at the man's helmet, his eyes focused on him.

"You're not with them, are you?" the man said.

"Hell no!" Ford said getting back up.

"Your friends are already gone."

The hive is rocked again. Neera and the other Wraith worshippers use the brief moment to try and run again.

"God damnit! They're running again!" Ford was angry.

"They won't get far."

As Neera and the others ran back down the corridor, they ran into one more of the new group. This one activated something on her belt and raised her arm forward, projecting a shield from the back of her wrist. This shield extended all the way along the corridor wall, blocking the three from going further.

"You're not going anywhere." the woman said. "Your Wraith masters can't help you."

Neera and the two others stood defiantly, with blank stares.

Several Wraith came up behind the woman just before she said, "I already know they're behind me." Several of them shot her several times, to no effect. The lead Wraith came up to strike her, and his efforts were useless against her shield.

The woman turned to the Wraith, as the others, including Ford walked towards them.

She fired at one of the Wraith, vaporizing it. The Wraith fired at her again, taking cover. The woman pulled something off of her belt, switched it on, and tossed it down near the Wraith, where it detonated. The remaining Wraith were killed in the explosion, where the woman and the rest of them were protected by her shield.

The leader turned back to the Wraith on the ground.

"Stand up!" he said.

The Wraith finally stood up, with a sinister look in his eyes.

"My shield is not operational. Try and do it."

Ford couldn't believe what he saw. The leader was challenging the Wraith to feed on him!

"Try it! That's all your kind is capable of."

The Wraith hesitated for a moment.

In one quick instant, the Wraith lunged forward with his hand right on the leader. Ford was shocked.

Nothing happened.

"Tell us, do Wraith experience true fear?"

He looked at his team.

"Look at him, he knows he's beaten. Just a walking corpse. Last words?"

"We will find you!" The Wraith shouted.

He grabs his arm, and shoves him against the wall. He readies his weapon again, and fires. The Wraith is vaporized. Ford couldn’t believe it. Whoever these people were, the Wraith couldn’t feed on them.

The ship is rocked severely. One of the men examines a device on his arm.

“The hull is becoming compromised. The hive ships are going to destroy themselves.”

“We need to evacuate.”

“You guys got a ship?” Ford asked.

“Not in the dart bay.” The woman said to him.

“What about them?” Ford asked about Neera and the other Wraith worshippers.

“Good question.”

One of the men picked up a Wraith’s body and put it in front of them.

“It’s only appropriate that they should perish with their deities.”

“No.” Ford said, pointing at Neera. “They could be useful.”

“You do make a point. At least we aren’t taking the entirety of your original group.”

“The Athosian would try and attack us when she believes we wouldn’t suspect. Before I would likely vaporize her.” the woman said.

“Yeah, she’s like that. How’d you know about her?”

The ship is rocked again.

“We need to go now!”

“Grab that one.” One of the men grab Neera and the rest group together.

The leader raised his visor, showing his face much clearer.

“You’re going to get what’s coming to you. The end of days, is it? Yes.”

As the leader joined the group, along with Ford and Neera, the man amongst the two Wraith worshippers on the ground tried to rush at the leader and get his weapon again.

The leader spun around fast and had his arm weapon aimed right at his head.

“You don’t stop. You never do. You sure are loyal to your deities.”

The leader knocked the man off his feet and he fell back to the ground, aside the Wraith and the other Wraith worshippers.

“Don’t want to come along? Too bad.” He then fires his weapon, killing him.

He turns to Neera and the other woman.

“That’s what will happen to the rest of you.”

The ship shakes once more.

“Transport ready.”

The team, Ford, and the two remaining Wraith worshippers disappear.

Seconds later, the Wraith ships are destroyed.

The team reappears in a security-type area, surrounded by eight more people, two of them wearing combat visors.

“Take these two to holding. Have this one sent to Medical.”

“What the hell’s going on?” Ford asked as Neera and the other Wraith worshipper are walked out of the room by six men.

“We would like to ask you a few questions about your operation.”

Ford immediately remembered his friends back on the planet.

“I’ve still got my people back on the planet where we had the dart. Can we pick them up?”

“Possibly. Do you have the location?” The leader said.

“I’ve got a gate address.”

“That should narrow down the location. Our closest ship could investigate.”

“What do you mean?”

“We don’t really use the Stargates. We abandoned our use of them millennia ago.”

“How do you get around?” Ford asked.

“Take a good look around here. You’re on a ship. We’ll discuss this more when you are tended to in Medical.”

“What about the rest of my men?”

“We’ll send a message to the nearest ship to acquire them, if they can be of value.”

“So we’re not going to Atlantis?”

“No. We’ve chosen not to reveal ourselves to outsiders to have them tell of us. The ones from Atlantis are not effective in fighting the Wraith on a mass scale. Neither are we, yet.”

“I can’t say they’re the best at what they do.”

“Stopping to take humans out of cocoons while attempting to run from the Wraith is one of the most foolish decisions that can be made with your level of technology.”

“You sure are trusting me with a lot. How do you know I won’t try and run first chance?”

Another man entered the room.

“We’ve got a location where your men are.” He said. “Another ship will retrieve them.”

“If you trust me, then I’ll trust you. Make sure you get all the equipment and supplies and take care of the live Wraith in the caves.”

“Live Wraith?” the woman asked.

“For the enzyme. We’d get more of it that way, having them chained up.”

“The ship should have them in under two days.”

“Two days?” Ford was a bit unnerved.

“Our ships are rather slower compared to that ship your people use.”

“I’ve got a better idea. We use the Stargates. Or more specifically, I use the gate. You drop me on the nearest planet with a gate, I go through. I get my men, we kill the Wraith, we clear out, you pick us up.”

“The planet does have a Stargate, yes. We traced a fighter/culler heading back down to the surface.”

“That’s Sheppard. Obviously not the same dart, but he does know where my operation house is, and the Wraith might know, too. I got to get down there and gate there before they show up.”

“You aren’t going alone. I’ll have a strike team go with you. You’d certainly need more numbers to clear out quickly enough, if what you say is true.”

--

Ford continued to tell his story to Janus.

“I volunteered to lead them back to my safehouse, and help us clear out before the Wraith would show up. It’s also how I got to know Vina.”

Read this after reading the first part:

Spoiler:
    Now you know how Ford escaped.

Comment

I've been going over the transcripts of "The Lost Boys" and "The Hive".

How many Wraith did Ford's group keep in the cave?

Comment

Good chapter, explanied a bit. Wait, WHAT?! Did Ford keep WRAITH in a cave?
        sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Atlantis 2x10 and 2x11.

Comment

Oh, okay.
            sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Working on the next chapter.

"The Road" will be a 2-parter. Part 1 focuses on Ford and his telling of his story to Janus.

Part 2 will be heavily on the Coalition.

Comment

I got to say, damm it was great. I loved it.

I think it was bout 5 to maybe 7 wraiths he had in the cave.

Comment

Thanks for the approximation.

Also, how far would Ford's safehouse have been from the gate? I need to come up with a realistic distance to indicate in the next chapter, which I am writing now.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                    Thanks for the approximation.

Also, how far would Ford's safehouse have been from the gate? I need to come up with a realistic distance to indicate in the next chapter, which I am writing now.
                    Humm, what I seem to remember, the gate was surrounded by trees. From memory, since its been a while since I saw it, I would have to guess say a few miles....say like maybe 4 to 5 maybe.

Comment

Just read the latest bit, Cool. though a bit convenient how Ford survived. I really do wish you could update a little faster, and provide a little more detail on some things. Like i have little clue what the new guys look like. I can imagine it, but it's not being painted for me.

i may have something for you soon, stay tuned
                      Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                      Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                      Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Aragon, my best critic. Well, I do apologize for not updating as often, as I was just lazy and not writing for months. I am very glad that my readers still enjoy my updates. I am writing much more often, and am almost done with another chapter.

The one thing I am pushing a bit mush with 7x01 is the extremely heavy emphasis on Ford and not many others other than who has appeared. There's a lot to still be explained with Ford and the "SFL" to put it short.

The enzyme is what enabled Ford to enlist his army, but with half of them killed in the big op, he has to change tactics and
                        Spoiler:
                        Migdero's SFL strike team
                        is what
                        Spoiler:
                        gives him the only way out.

There's a lot of trust that will be built during the flashbacks.

I had to think of several ideas on how to build the new Ford direction, and this one is certainly working better. Plus we will get to know more about Wraith worshippers.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                          Aragon, my best critic. Well, I do apologize for not updating as often, as I was just lazy and not writing for months. I am very glad that my readers still enjoy my updates. I am writing much more often, and am almost done with another chapter.

The one thing I am pushing a bit mush with 7x01 is the extremely heavy emphasis on Ford and not many others other than who has appeared. There's a lot to still be explained with Ford and the "SFL" to put it short.

The enzyme is what enabled Ford to enlist his army, but with half of them killed in the big op, he has to change tactics and
                          Spoiler:
                          Migdero's SFL strike team
                          is what
                          Spoiler:
                          gives him the only way out.

There's a lot of trust that will be built during the flashbacks.

I had to think of several ideas on how to build the new Ford direction, and this one is certainly working better. Plus we will get to know more about Wraith worshippers.
                          I don't know about 'best' critic i just say what i feel and see. I've never done anything beyond that.

Have you considered switching styles? I ask because Prose is typically very long and can take a long time to write. Prose is also primarily for character emphasis and giving a 'feel' to the characters. I can totally understand if you don't have a huge amount of time, and i think a Narrative or "Summary" style might fit this story better, with dips into Prose for 'important' parts. Since it's not being posted on FF.net AFAIK, i think that'd be a good medium for this story.

I actually think that'd be pretty sweet because you'd be able to speed up the actual storytelling without losing those 'important' moments such as Ford and Janus's talk.
                          Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                          Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                          Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Chapter 4.

I hope that you enjoy this. I was writing this off and on over the last couple of hours, and ended up going to 2500-2600 words, so this will be in two posts. I hope that you enjoy it. Both will count as Chapter 4. Just one more to go and "The Road" is completed.

Spoiler:
                            After the Daedalus left the area, Ford and a strike team from the ship were transported down to the planet.

Ford went up to the D.H.D. and punched in the address.

The team leader scanned the gate, and signaled his team to go ahead.

On the other side, Ford pointed in the direction of his safehouse.

“We got to get back there fast.”

“The hives are gone, so unless their sharing more information, we shouldn’t expect the Wraith.”

“There’s still those ‘righteous’ Atlanteans to deal with.” Vina said.

“They’re not all bad.” Ford responded.

“Maybe not, but we aren’t making contact with them.”

“I used to be with them.”

“Not anymore. If anything, you’re willing to fight the Wraith with more force than those people.”

As Ford led the team to the safehouse, Vina was taking a readout.

“Four of your people ahead, three inside and one outside.”

“How many Wraith?” The team leader asked.

“Six.”

“That’s right. We eventually gathered six Wraith to provide a steady enzyme supply for our group.”

“Your tactics are crude. Though you show some initiative, it isn’t sustainable. You have some weapons, some technology, but a salvaged Wraith culler wouldn’t do you any good in a ship-to-ship battle. Especially when you trust it to someone who isn’t competent enough with the internals of a Hive.”

Ford thought for a second.

“Okay, let’s stop for a minute. How the hell did you know that?”

“When the hives were first detected, we dispatched a boarding party.”

“And they didn’t find you? Didn’t they try to jam you like they did with the Daedalus?”

“They don’t even know about us. Only most recent thing that came close was a skirmish between two and three thousand years ago.”

“Three thousand years!?” Ford asked.

“We go back even further than that. When this is taken care of, the commander wants to have a talk with you and your friends.”

Ford began to head further on, but the rest of the team stopped.

“Oh, what now?” he asked.

“We have a better way of getting to your safehouse. Show her on the readout.”

Ford indicated the general area of his safehouse.

“You sure?” Vina asked.

“Yeah.” Ford responded promptly. “Can we get going now? I’m the one trying to prove myself to you guys, and I just met you an hour ago, so I want to know if I can really trust you.”

“I’ll go with you.” The team leader said. “We can get there in a few seconds.”

“You’re ****ing me? You’re serious?” Ford couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

“You sure are trusting us, aren’t you?”

“I’ve already lost most of my men I sent on the mission, I need to get the rest back from off-world.”

“I’ve got a lock. Here.”

The team leader slaps something that latches onto Ford’s arm.

“What’s this?”

“A tag.”

The team leader and Ford transport away. Within a second, they emerge near the entrance to his caves.

Ford takes a second to look around.

“We just moved four whole miles didn’t we? How many other gadgets you got?”

“You’ll find out soon enough.”

He looks to the side.

“One of your friends is in that tree up there.” He points it out.

“What?” Ford thinks for a second. “It’s me!” He called out.

A few seconds later, some rustling was heard. One of the men who was originally guarding McKay stepped out.

“What the hell happened? Where’s Kanayo and the rest?”

Ford had to break the news to him.

“They’re gone. Kanayo, Jace, all of them.”

The other man took a second.

“What the f*** happened out there? It was supposed to be just in and out.”

“Things didn’t go right. Sheppard beamed Jace and half our team off a ridge inside the hive.”

“Did we destroy the hive?”

“They captured us, and later on the hive and another one destroyed each other.”

Remembering the gate crystals being replaced, he asks him another question.

“What happened while we were gone?”

“That McKay ******* took some enzyme when we weren’t looking and attacked us, stole the control crystals, probably ran back to Atlantis.”

“Sounds like him.”

“You said the hive destroyed itself?”

“Each other. Another hive showed up and eventually Sheppard got them to shoot at each other.”

The other man smirked a bit.

“We’ve still got some of our men off-world.”

“I need them back here as soon as possible. We’re pulling out.”

“We’re leaving?”

“Sheppard’s people are still alive, they used the dart to get off afterwards, I promise to explain everything, but we need to start packing up and clearing out.”

“One thing first. Who the hell’s he?”

“He the leader of the one’s that are saving our necks right now.”

The leader touched something on his panel, and a few seconds later, the rest of the team appeared.

“Who the hell are you people?”

“They’re the ones that saved my a**.” Ford explained.

Ford and the rest entered his safehouse. Ford quickly got to work showing the new people around and what to do.

The leader was more interested in the location of the ‘chained-up Wraith’.

“I’ll take you to ‘em.” Ford said.

“Had to re-stun them a few times.” said one of Ford’s men.

As Ford and the team leader were walking, they discussed more of their operations.

“So what’s your real interest in me?” Ford asked.

“From what I saw when you were talking with the one you call Sheppard in that detainment cell, you were part of some group in the Ancient’s city of Atlantis.”

Ford stopped again.

“Okay, no more B.S. How could you figure that out?”

“The ship I was assigned to was tracking the hive you boarded, and your team caught our attention.” You were already captured when we went aboard, so I monitored you closely, while the others went and gathered information from the ships computers.”

“And they couldn’t detect it?”

“No, they cannot detect our movements, or our technology.”

He thought for a second.

“B.S.?” He asked Ford.

“What?”

“I’ve never heard that said before.”

Ford couldn’t help but chuckle a bit.

“Yeah, I’ll have to explain it to you later.”

They came around to the area where three of the Wraith were being held.

“There.” Ford said, pointing to them.

“Let’s get this over with.” the Leader said. He signaled to his subordinate with him.

The two shot the Wraith, leaving just the chains and cuffs remaining.

“Where’s the others?” the subordinate asked.

“There in another section. We didn’t want to leave the whole lot of them in the same spot.”

They made their way back to the main area where Ford’s men worked.

“If their worried that they’ll have enzyme reaction, we can take care of that easily for your men.”

“I’ve still got to get them back here. Now that I think about it, I don’t even know your name.”

“I was wondering when you would ask me that. You can call me Migdero.”

“Aiden. Lieutenant Aiden Ford.”

“Military rank.”

“Yeah. Sheppard, he’s a Lieutenant Colonel. A few ranks up from me.”

“He seems to have seen a lot of active combat.”

“He has.”

“And what is it that’s gotten you to trust us so far?”

“I saw the way you fought the Wraith on that hive before it blew. I saw the hate in that Wraith’s eyes before you fried him. That and you offering me a chance to come with you and live.”

“You’ll be briefed more on the whole picture, but the simple answer is that the Wraith don’t like the existence of advanced technology other than their own.”

Ford spent the better part of six hours shutting down everything he had worked on with his men for the past several months. Seeing everything being packed up reminded him of when he was being sent to Antarctica.

After gathering most major equipment together, the gate activated. One of the team members picked it up on their visor.

“The gateway’s been activated.” Said one of the men.

“Get a visual.” Migdero ordered.

The other man transported out.

Two men came through the gate, wearing clothes like the rest of Ford’s men. Back at the safehouse, Migdero showed him a video link on his readout so Ford could identify them.

“Renno. Yeah, they’re ours.” Ford could immediately tell who they were.

“Show yourself to them.” Migdero instructed his subordinate.

When the man appeared almost out of thin air, the men drew up their Wraith stunners.

“Who are you? How did you do that?” Renno asked.

“The same way we watched your friends on the hive.”

Ford and Migdero were monitoring.

“Can I talk to them?” Ford asked.

“I’ll take you there. Rest of you, keep working.”

Ford and Migdero appeared alongside the other man in front of Renno.

“It’s all right guys, it’s fine. He’s with us.”

“How did it go?” Renno asked.

“We lost most of the team, they’re gone. I’ll explain it later. Right now we need to move out.”

“Move out?”

“We’re changing tactics. We might not be hittin’ them like we used to, but in the long run, we’re a hell of a lot safer with them.”

“You trust these people?”

“They saved me from getting killed. And they’re the reason why we’re still going to keep fighting the Wraith.”

“We joined you because of the advantages of the enzyme.”

“The last op was a failure for us because of Sheppard releasing half of us over a Wraith catwalk. They fell God knows how far. We’ve got most of the smaller stuff packed up, but we need everyone back here before we can go up to their ship.”

Renno and Gar’thev, the other man that came through the gate were intrigued.

“You got a ship?” Renno asked.

“That and much more. We don’t normally associate with outsiders. Over the millennia, we’ve seen groups attack Wraith squads, compounds, even grounded ships, but we’ve never seen operations like yours. That is why we are bringing you into the Starfighter League.”

“Once we’re done here, and the last of our men are back, we can move out.” Ford said to them.

That night, Migdero’s team handed out extra provisions to Ford’s men. While they were eating, the gate came on again. Migdero had a surveillance device attached to the DHD, which gave them an early warning system in case if the Wraith or Atlantis came by. It was more likely that Atlantis would come first, if they would come at all.

The last four of Ford’s men came through. Ford went back out to bring them onboard with everything that happened. They weren’t too happy at first.

Ford made a few introductions, and Migdero showed them a demonstration of their technology.

Continued in next post.
                            Last edited by ussrelativity; 19 July 2010, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Chapter 4-2

Spoiler:
                              Later, Migdero and Ford spent a couple hours into the night talking about their lives with each other.

“Made 1st Lieutenant and a few months later, ended up in Antarctica.”

“Across one planet, that’s quite a story. I was assigned to my first reconnaissance and tactical team when I was about your age. Now look at me, I’ve command my own team, got more responsibilities now, but I am out there more often now as a leader.”

“How often are you moving around?”

“Our fleets have reconnaissance routes. Our stealth technology keeps the Wraith from knowing about us—I promise you, you will know the whole story behind us.”

“Being around all these thousands of years, I bet.”

“Well, Ford, we weren’t always as powerful as we are now. To tell you the truth, most of the technological edges we have over these parasites is focused on our infantry.”

“Huh.” Ford said, a bit disappointed.

Migdero had to be blunt about it.

“We have a lot of extremely powerful weapons available to us, and many new system designs that will give us that final needed advantage when it comes to a ship-to-ship. We can’t implement it yet on a massive scale. Most of our other resources are dedicated on taking care of our own populations.”

“How many of there are you?” Ford was curious.

“Seeing is believing. When we get to one of our stations, you will see.”

“Got any family back home?” Ford asked.

“Why do you ask?”

“Well, I’ve got some family back home still. Officially, they’ve got me listed as M.I.A., (Missing In Action), but they’ll probably change it to K.I.A. after what happened on the hive. Hell, they don’t even know about the Stargates or Atlantis for that matter.”

“True?”

“You bet you’re a**.” Ford stated. “Most of the world where I come from don’t know a clue.”

“And your leaders and military operate with such internal secrecy?”

“Well, they have it as top secret. Been running it actively for years. Before I got my later assignment, they make you sign some statement requiring silence on the program.”

“Sounds like they’re trying to cover their tracks if some one were to expose the activities.”

“Yeah, you’re right. They actually let a TV program go to air that was a rip-off of the actual Stargate program.”

“TV?”

Ford remembered that Migdero wasn’t familiar with Earth customs and pastimes.

“I got to keep remembering you’re not familiar with Earth.”

“We only know what we’ve gathered from shadowing other groups that have been in contact with Atlantis.”

“How much surveillance have you done?”

“Most of our heavy operations are done between cullings. Every few centuries when the Wraith awaken and head out, we would monitor their activities. Our historians would know more though, so when we get up to the ship, you’ll be able to learn our history.”

“I’m just surprised that the Wraith aren’t actively looking for you.”

“To a degree, they could be, but a lot of advanced races are in hiding from the Wraith. We’re just simply the most powerful.”

“Any others with ships?” Ford was starting to ask the more broader questions.

“Good question. I believe there might be, but we’d have to get to a habitat station where you can learn everything you need to become a part of our ‘nation’ as you can call it.”

Ford was intrigued at what Migdero was offering them.

“A nation?” Ford asked him.

“Yes. Our ancestors came together from the remnants of several spacefaring and technologically advanced worlds and put together our resources under one new banner. Our ships advanced quite a bit over the millennia, some disassembled and rebuilt back up as a new design.”

“It’s still a lot to take in. Back on that hive, I just wanted to try and get Sheppard, Teyla, and Ronon off the hive safely. Sheppard screwed up big time on the mission, but he was just doing what he thought was right.”

“From what I know, we went through a lot of that in our early days.”

“I can only imagine what your people must have went through.”

“You can’t save them all. That’s the first rule you learn. It’s not pretty but it’s honest.” Migdero said it to him straight up.

“You also asked if I had any family. Well, actually that woman you met earlier with us on the hive, her name is Vina. She is my sister.”

“You got her on the same team with you?”

“She is a highly capable soldier and has proven herself over and over. So I owed her eventually, which she used to be put on my team. The one who was monitoring the gate using a personal stealth unit, he’s Quen’to. He’s my second in command.”

“I was Sheppard’s second in command for a year, before the Wraith attacked Atlantis.”

“A Wraith tried to feed on me, and one of my men dropped a grenade, which actually sent both the Wraith and me over the edge into the ocean. I was in there for over an hour.”

“An hour?” Migdero was surprised with him.

“The enzyme I used. It kept me alive. I could see farther, run faster, and resist the effect of Wraith stunners. That’s what kept me alive all this time.”

“Quite the story. When we are moving again, you won’t be needing that anymore. We are capable of eliminating your need for the enzyme. You won’t have as significant of your abilities, but there will be a slight imprint still. We’re going to bring you into our force, and teach you our history, how we fight, later how to use the equipment we use. You can be one of us.”

“I figured that was the case. And what if my men didn’t want to go?”

“We can’t let anyone outside know about us. It’s what kept us intact for thousands of years.”

“They’re coming with us. It’s sure as hell better that how we’ve been living.”

“We can also have that facial scarring of yours fixed. Mostly surface-only.”

“How much longer do we got?”

Migdero checked his gear.

“About 16 of your hours.”

“I’m turning in.” Ford said.

Things quieted down for the rest of the night. Some equipment was still being packed up but most of it was ready and the SFL team applied tags to each container.

The next day, Ford’s life was going to begin a new chapter.

End of Chapter 4.
                              Last edited by ussrelativity; 19 July 2010, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Almost done with Chapter 5.

I would like to field another question. How long did Ford's group hold Sheppard, Teyla, McKay, and Ronon? The episode is "The Lost Boys" 2x10.

Note: Chapter 5 is all but done now. I'm just waiting for more responses and later tonight I will post the final chapter of 7x01.
                                Last edited by ussrelativity; 19 July 2010, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X