Return of the Ancients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NIMBUS View Post
    wow bradly08 +1 green for you (if i won't have to spread around... hate that system) awesome theory and it totally fits... why didn't i think of it?

...lol i didn't even think goa'uld when i read this "finishing the last word off with a very familiar eye flash"...
    As soon as I read the word "Eye Flash" it just hit me that they are back. Then when I thought about it, it made sense.

I also think that Stevenson is being carefull regarding earth. He was orginally from there and he knows that if he lands in a massive flying city and proclame that he will save us, the first thing everyone will do is drop to their knees and proclaim him the messiah.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

if he lands in a massive flying city and proclaim that he will save us, the first thing everyone will do is drop to their knees and proclaim him the messiah
      it wouldn't be a surprise, lol, 99% of the world believes in a "god"...
      ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

it wouldn't be a surprise, lol, 99% of the world believes in a "god"...
        Those poor people

(sorry, couldn't resist it)

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

imo you shouldn't be sorry, that thing is laughable... embarrassment is the only way they will learn, cuz facts can't convince them (a fact)...
          ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

sooo...thats the end of season one or will there be chapter 6?

Comment

No, that's it for Season 1.

105 great chapters. Truly a great year. I look forward to the next year with excitement. Truly the best.

Comment

Pretty much what i thought it was going to be, but i really think it could have been much more exciting and worthy of a season finale without losing the same plot points.

The thing with Vala was interesting, and actually matches up with an earlier predictioni made (that the Goa'uld were involved in the same way as in full alert or whatever the episode was that had Goa'uld Kinsey, it may even be him!)

I'm actually not that surprised i was right about Earth not being "Home". Our heroes aren't human anymore. Like i said, Earth is just a logistical target, nothing special. I really REALLY hope SG1 doesn't get "upgraded" so we have at least SOME human characters. Also technically, isn't Sheppard Alterran and not Lantean? So he should feel the Ori galaxy or MW as home, not Lantean. Just a question there.

O'Neill's story - Needed alot more tension and action, Other than the single assault team, it was basically just worried talking.

Vala's adventure - The highlight of the finale, The return of the Goa'uld and *Gasp!* Competent enemies!

Atlantis's story - predictable once you know that they're focusing on the larger picture with less care about Earth.

I AM quite pleased that the Stargate Program wasn't disclosed. That's a big no-no for SG for me.
                Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

by home i think shep meant atlantis' home, or what wraith thought was its home... it seams to be the most logical answer.

Comment

by home i think shep meant atlantis' home, or what wraith thought was its home... it seams to be the most logical answer.
                    Don't think so. Sheppard felt a strange sense of nostalgia, more so than i'd expect from juts going back to Lantea if he were human. It was pretty much implied that that's his "home" now. Personally i figure John's home is "Atlantis" wherever it may be but that's just me.

Here's hoping hte season premiere has the action.

On the subject of God, wouldn't it be funny if Stevenson turned out to be the Anti-Christ? The series finale is God coming to kick his ass?
                    Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                    Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                    Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                      I'm actually not that surprised i was right about Earth not being "Home". Our heroes aren't human anymore. Like i said, Earth is just a logistical target, nothing special. I really REALLY hope SG1 doesn't get "upgraded" so we have at least SOME human characters. Also technically, isn't Sheppard Alterran and not Lantean? So he should feel the Ori galaxy or MW as home, not Lantean. Just a question there.
                      well wasn't said in one of the earlier chapters that Shep is going to 'watch over' the pegasus gal
                      Last edited by Burns; 06 April 2010, 11:42 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Burns View Post
                        well wasn't said in one of the earlier chapters that Shep is going to 'watch over' the pegis gal
                        The lanteans are basicly going to be the caretakers of pegasus, much like the "system lords" are the caretakers of the milkyway. (They make sure no-one upsets the peace)

Comment

[QUOTE=bradly08;11376458]The lanteans are basicly going to be the caretakers of pegasus, much like the "system lords" are the caretakers of the milkyway. (They make sure no-one upsets the peace)Shepard is going to head the lanteans, similar to how Bra'tac is going to head the "system lords".

Comment

[QUOTE=bradly08;11376464]
                            Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                            The lanteans are basicly going to be the caretakers of pegasus, much like the "system lords" are the caretakers of the milkyway. (They make sure no-one upsets the peace)Shepard is going to head the lanteans, similar to how Bra'tac is going to head the "system lords".
                            didn't Stevenson say that Sheppard is his 2nd in command?, and looks after the galaxies with stevenson.
                            sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

[QUOTE=IWKYZerocool;11376517]

didn't Stevenson say that Sheppard is his 2nd in command?, and looks after the galaxies with stevenson.
                              yeah thats what I thought.
                              http://epsilon.astroempires.com/?ref=E.94116

Comment

[QUOTE=IWKYZerocool;11376517]

One was before the test, the other after. If Sheppard had chosen the blue gate he'd have been the protector of Pegasus. When he made it to the red gate he upped his value.
                                Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

Working...
                                X