Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It shows on the main page now.

Comment

about the chapter... i don't know what epic thing you are going to have happen on earth, but are you sure it deserves so many chapters!? ...i hope it does cuz many awesome things could have happened in this episode
      ...well, in any case it's cool that the episodes are FINALLY back...
      ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

so, chapter seven... was nice.
        ...aer'ki, why are you telling the story so slowly? it seams to be written in a completely different style, a little worse one, at least imo. ok it's not THAT bad, but if you are gonna continue like this, you wont finish ROTA in your life-time, even if you would publish the episodes 5x more often.
        ... i don't know if it's just me, but i have noticed something about Jack - he seams different, more serious, more 'soldiery'. i mean his reactions to landry's little unintentional ignorings of his rank (in one of the older epps) and stuff like that. i know he has always followed all the rules about having carter call him sir, but when he reminded her, he didn't make it sound as serious and important, at least compared to how he's reacting now when interacting with landry. it maybe just me, but i have noticed this lots of times and i cant figure out if i'm just delusional or its intentional and it rubbed off of ioa or something.
        Last edited by NIMBUS; 04 April 2010, 09:26 AM.
        ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

finally!!! its back

Comment

chapter 8 is up people.

Spoiler:
            atlantis is coming to Earth, this should be interesting, bet they save the SGC.
            Last edited by IWKYZerocool; 05 April 2010, 10:35 AM.
            sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

Spoiler:
              i'd be better if they got there too late, or if earth got blown into pieces

sweet chapter, though

Comment

So, will the secret finally come out?

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                  So, will the secret finally come out?
                  Given Sheppard's comments on the fact that he's apparantly "Alterran" now, Home may not be Earth. In fact, I bet no one who's been "upgraded" sees Earth as more than just a logistical center.

I do think that the assault on the SGC was weak overall. If they could shut the place down tightly, why not just pump in thousands of gallons of nitrous oxide? Laugh your opponents into unconsciousness. Or hey, why not CS gas which has nothing to do with respratory system? A single tear gas grenade ain't gonna do much, but just get a heavier than air compound and WHAM. even gas masks run out eventually. Especially if they shut off the ventilation of the base.

On Fear Factor they once used CS gas as a test, and it was so powerful that even Joe Rogan and the Camera Crew got affected from a supposed "safe" distance.

Also, why did hte assault team only cut one side of hte door? Why not cut a hole through if it only took 30 second to do one side, that way they didn't have to go in single file? You'd htink if they lost one guy, they'd fall back.

I'm not liking this and it's not just because it's earth. There's too many holes popping up recently which is surprising given that Aer'ki is usually quite good with patching them. My prediction remains

Stevenson = Messiah

or sudden reversal and Stevenson is going somewhere else, and Earth will get help from another source.

As far as the President and IOA, the way i feel when i read about them is the same way most Americans felt about the Japanese and Germans in WW2. They're being marketed as plain evil with no redeeming qualities. Villified in order to make the heroes look better. No offense Aer'ki, but you can do way better than this.
                  Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                  Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                  Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

They wouldnt fall back if they lost 1 man. If I remember right, it was a 4 man team. They wouldnt fall back...unless they lost 50 to 75% of the team, even then I would wait until the Bravo team gets there as to not lose ground. Once they Bravo team gets there, they take over and either the rest of Alpha team will fall back or be with Bravo team. With these kinds of situations, there are many ways to enter and clear or enter and hold the place. I could draw up a building with different rooms in any kind of way and I will show you the many different ways to do it. In my mind, he did nothing wrong, as when clearing a building/room there is no wrong way to do it.

With the way he did it, there are kind things he could have done. Just thought I point this out to you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy Pena View Post
                      They wouldnt fall back if they lost 1 man. If I remember right, it was a 4 man team. They wouldnt fall back...unless they lost 50 to 75% of the team, even then I would wait until the Bravo team gets there as to not lose ground. Once they Bravo team gets there, they take over and either the rest of Alpha team will fall back or be with Bravo team. With these kinds of situations, there are many ways to enter and clear or enter and hold the place. I could draw up a building with different rooms in any kind of way and I will show you the many different ways to do it. In my mind, he did nothing wrong, as when clearing a building/room there is no wrong way to do it.

With the way he did it, there are kind things he could have done. Just thought I point this out to you guys.
                      Since you have experience with this sort of thing i'll defer to your opinion. but i can't wrap my head around why they'd go in single file through a small space. If they KNEW there were hostiles on the other side, why not do a better job cutting through? If their torch is strong enough to cut through in 30 seconds *which unless it's a plasma lance i kinda doubt*, then why not cut a hole that teh team can get through easily or even use as a cover position?

Is there a specific tactic used for breaching a subterranean structure? If you wanted to take the oocupants alive, i'd think CS gas would be the most effective since it'll incapacitate them without kiling them, gas mask or not, and the assault team goes in with hazmat suits.

I still think it's a valid question. I don't see why they can't just flood the SGC with an incapacitating agent instead of sending in soldiers single file. Reminds me of Veitnam and how Tear Gas was used there to clear buildings before sending in troops since they knew the NVA didn't have masks. The SGC DOES have masks, so use a gas that doesn't rely on inhalation.

EDIT: Oh BTW, i should have worded that better. I didn't mean fall back as in retreat. i meant hold position and stay behind cover so the intars didn't get them.
                      Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                        Since you have experience with this sort of thing i'll defer to your opinion. but i can't wrap my head around why they'd go in single file through a small space. If they KNEW there were hostiles on the other side, why not do a better job cutting through? If their torch is strong enough to cut through in 30 seconds *which unless it's a plasma lance i kinda doubt*, then why not cut a hole that the team can get through easily or even use as a cover position?

Is there a specific tactic used for breaching a subterranean structure? If you wanted to take the occupants alive, i'd think CS gas would be the most effective since it'll incapacitate them without killing them, gas mask or not, and the assault team goes in with hazmat suits.

I still think it's a valid question. I don't see why they can't just flood the SGC with an incapacitating agent instead of sending in soldiers single file. Reminds me of Vietnam and how Tear Gas was used there to clear buildings before sending in troops since they knew the NVA didn't have masks. The SGC DOES have masks, so use a gas that doesn't rely on inhalation.

EDIT: Oh BTW, i should have worded that better. I didn't mean fall back as in retreat. i meant hold position and stay behind cover so the intars didn't get them.
                        You see, if they all went in at once, then they all get taken out all at the same time. When you first enter the door way like the first 5 to 6 feet in, is what we call the "Fatal Funnel" which means what exactly it means, its where the enemy will be aiming at once the door is breached.

Untitled..jpg
                        The pic above is what I just did, is what I think may have happened. They would come out 1 by 1 at a quick pace(never running), as to get in and secure/hold the area. The reason for this is it has been like this in the military for many many years, its a better position to have a clear line of fire of the whole 360 degrees. If the first man goes down, then the second, just grabs him and pulls him back(or just continue on threw). I dont know myself for the reason we go in in a file, but it works. If we just all went in, then we all get taken out, then another team does it and gets taken out.

For the pic above, there are many ways to do it. The way he did it, it could have gone a few ways like, the first man, could have a shotgun with non-lethal rounds. Or they could have thrown flashbangs or even more gas like CS(which would most likely be the type of gas). There are just to many ways to go about this type of stuff, there will always be someone who has a better idea of doing it or a different way to do it too. I can go on for hours and hours, just talking about the different ways to do it. But in the end there are no wrong ways to do it.

For breaching a subterranean levels, I do not know, I havent been trained on that, as I will never do that, unless I have to, but then I will be trained for it. Now if he just wrote in that they use gas to do that, then it would be over. Now just think if they really did that on the show, like in the eppy when they were connected to the black hole and the black ops team did that? Or any other situation.

Comment

The single file enter was done in 'foothold' cause the air shafts were not big enough for more then one at a time (could be wrong about the name). And Aragon your a writer if Aerki wrote it as just gassing the whole SGC then what would he do for the next 2 chapters and how big is the SGC could that gas or any gas truely get the whole base, wasn't the prob with gassing the Bale clones (and they were in the SGC at the time)

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy Pena View Post
                            You see, if they all went in at once, then they all get taken out all at the same time. When you first enter the door way like the first 5 to 6 feet in, is what we call the "Fatal Funnel" which means what exactly it means, its where the enemy will be aiming at once the door is breached.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25456[/ATTACH]
                            The pic above is what I just did, is what I think may have happened. They would come out 1 by 1 at a quick pace(never running), as to get in and secure/hold the area. The reason for this is it has been like this in the military for many many years, its a better position to have a clear line of fire of the whole 360 degrees. If the first man goes down, then the second, just grabs him and pulls him back(or just continue on threw). I dont know myself for the reason we go in in a file, but it works. If we just all went in, then we all get taken out, then another team does it and gets taken out.

For the pic above, there are many ways to do it. The way he did it, it could have gone a few ways like, the first man, could have a shotgun with non-lethal rounds. Or they could have thrown flashbangs or even more gas like CS(which would most likely be the type of gas). There are just to many ways to go about this type of stuff, there will always be someone who has a better idea of doing it or a different way to do it too. I can go on for hours and hours, just talking about the different ways to do it. But in the end there are no wrong ways to do it.

For breaching a subterranean levels, I do not know, I havent been trained on that, as I will never do that, unless I have to, but then I will be trained for it. Now if he just wrote in that they use gas to do that, then it would be over. Now just think if they really did that on the show, like in the eppy when they were connected to the black hole and the black ops team did that? Or any other situation.
                            Good Points. Green for you. But this fic ISN"T the show. Already many dozens of things have happened that would have never happened on the show. Why is Stevenson the only one who can use ultra efficient tactics? (i'm of course talking about the Tria Vs Task Force) I think it'd be much more exciting if they DID use gas and Jack, Landry, Walter and Siler have to figure out how to defend against it. Gives the bad guys credibility because come on, The guy shoots and he hits HIMSELF? Yes it's perfectly possible, but i almost felt like he should have said "Jaffa, Kree!" as he charged through. All they needed were stormtrooper helmets.

My criticism comes from wanting to see something better. So far, it seems that ONLY Stevenson's forces have brains. Anyone who isn't allied with him or is an 'enemy' like the Aschen or Lovokora or Remans seems along the same lines as Elmer Fudd or Yosemite Sam compared to Stevenson's Bugs Bunny. How much more exciting and tense and epic is it to fight enemies who actually stand a chance against the heroes?

Still, it just feels like common sense to me that if your enemy is holding ground inside a facility and are armed similarly to you, you'd go with something that can counter what they have in the base because you have access to alot more.. It's not like the president's forces wouldn't be able to figure out what weapons are in teh SGC. Why not have the gas come in and Bra'tac comes to help with force fields? Simple, effective, and shows the desperation of the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Burns View Post
                              The single file enter was done in 'foothold' cause the air shafts were not big enough for more then one at a time (could be wrong about the name). And Aragon your a writer if Aerki wrote it as just gassing the whole SGC then what would he do for the next 2 chapters and how big is the SGC could that gas or any gas truely get the whole base, wasn't the prob with gassing the Bale clones (and they were in the SGC at the time)
                              You make good points as well, but if i recall the foothold, they were fighting an unknown type of alien and didn't have access to the resources the President's forces would.

and wasn't the issue with the Ba'al clones the timing? as in it would take time for the gas to affect everyone? It's been almost a day in the SGC. more than enough IMO to just stick a hose in and let er rip. I gave a potential defense against the gas in my previous post that even furthers the tension and drama.

This is what i like, a real discussion with both sides making valid points

Comment

I do agree with you too. As for the guy shooting himself..they round ricocheted off of things and hit him.

It didn't fully penetrate his flak jacket, but the combination of four more tiny energy blasts soaked enough energy through to render him unconscious before he could fire a shot. His finger, however, managed to depress as he fell and peppered the wall with a cascade of ricocheting bullets, one of which hit the man in the left calf before the butt of the gun hit the ground and bounced clear of his hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X