No announcement yet.

Return of the Ancients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really. I see post from him evry now and then.

Comment

HEARY! HEARY!(is this a word? ) NEW CHAPTER IS OUT!
      ...and they are here ( the 50 ship... dun... dun... duuun... )
      ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

i didnt think Larrin was gonna show up i was kinda hoping for the lost tribe oh well maybe aerki can do something with that later
        sigpic

Comment

one of the guys on http://www.fanfiction.net/r/5256473/0/1/ said
          "is it just me or does Sheppard seem to be getting blackballed at every turn by our resident Ancient?"
          ye, i have noticed that too, and i think it's for a purpose. wraith are just the 1st step for stevenson. i think he is preparing Sheppard, waiting for him to see the bigger picture, i don't think he wants Sheppard to be the guardian of pegasus, i think he wants shep to be his buddy, annoying one but still

any thoughts??

ps - do you ppl have that taro card ad? that sound it makes is pissing me off... aaarghh!
          ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

i like how you are putting Shep through torture.
            sigpic

Comment

to be honest... i think 50 is the edge of reason. if that's only 1 third of the fleet... 150 ships of the same or similar design... i would think that if 4 ships could hold off a few Asuran Auroras, 150 could have taken the fight to the wraith hardcore long ago

We never really did figure out how many ships the Travelers had, but seeing as only 4 were willing to fight alongside us in BAMSR, i was guessing between 20-30 total but 50 would be fine. Estimated crew of 50-200 per ship (Average of 120 lets say), you've got a population of about 6k. taking into account Aer'Ki's numbers, that population jumps to around 18k people. That's alot of people and alot of ships. Remember that that's families, not specifically crewmen.

I just think they were shown to have less people on their ships because of having to pay for extras. Daedalus isn't that much bigger than a Traveler ship and it's got a crew of quite a few people (I'm guessing 200)

It'll be interesting to see where Aer'Ki takes this though... upgraded Travelers... a Traveler mothership to help Sheppard in protecting Pegasus... Some BDSM relationship with Larrin On that note, yes i also see some potential... growth for Sheppard. He is acting a little childish and some discipline would do him well. (That's TOTALLY a Double Entendre and meant BOTH ways )

As far as constructive criticism though, i do think the dialogue is falling a little flat from earlier. (not the interpersonal conversations, though Larrin would be more flirty with John IMO, remember she insulted his virility after like a day of knowing him?) I also don't think Larrin would so readily agree to fighting the Wraith especially since they've basically been on the run from god knows when. back to be earlier point, if they had 150 ships, i think they would have started fighting alot sooner instead of as we're shown in Canon, they're basically hiding. I honestly think she'd be more reserved in committing to an alliance despite the technology they're getting. I'm very interested to see where you'll go with this. I'm totally wanting to see where this goes.

Comment

ach if shep and Larin hook up even just 1 kiss id be like " finally!"
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Thor View Post
                  ach if shep and Larin hook up even just 1 kiss id be like " finally!"
                  I totally see a relationship working between them. He's a magnet for whump, and she's got a great right hook!

Match made in heaven really.

Actualy, thinking about it, it does work as she's not from Earth so he doesn't have to deal with any of his "earth" problems when with her, she's technologically savvy, she trusts him... on the other side, Larrin's obviously attracted, Shep is in charge besides Stevenson, and she knows he loved Pegasus!

Just don't give her any rope and it's a perfect relationship! ;P

Comment

ye 150 ships, that's a scary number, but 18k ppl for an advanced civilization, that's nothing. oh and they probably decided to hide from wraith when lanteans were defeated - smart, they just didn't revisit the issue over the thousands of years

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101/Loneranger-1 View Post
                      I totally see a relationship working between them. He's a magnet for whump, and she's got a great right hook!

Match made in heaven really.

Actualy, thinking about it, it does work as she's not from Earth so he doesn't have to deal with any of his "earth" problems when with her, she's technologically savvy, she trusts him... on the other side, Larrin's obviously attracted, Shep is in charge besides Stevenson, and she knows he loved Pegasus!

Just don't give her any rope and it's a perfect relationship! ;P

Originally posted by NIMBUS View Post
                      ye 150 ships, that's a scary number, but 18k ppl for an advanced civilization, that's nothing. oh and they probably decided to hide from wraith when lanteans were defeated - smart, they just didn't revisit the issue over the thousands of years
                      we know satedans were advanced. we don't know if they had ships but we know they were advanced.

travelers ahve satedan particle magnums like Ronon.

so for all we know the travellers could be the remnants of the satedans.
                      sigpic

Comment

no satedans had projectile weapons (rewatch ronon epps).
                        travelers and ronon have traveler particle magnums
                        not
                        travelers ahve satedan particle magnums like Ronon
                        satedan genocide happened few years ago (ronon witnessed it), not 10k years ago, therefore travelers are older than satedans and can't be their remnants.
                        and what is the connection between satedans and the numbers of travelers? ...satedan population was bigger than 18k.

edit: reread it, sorry if this post seems aggressive, i didn't intend it to be that way.

Comment

I really do not see an issue with the 150 ships for the travelers. I think that would be a conservative number. With a whole race on the run only 20 or third ships just does not make sense to me. I always assumed there were a lot more Travelers, but they want to remain hidden because that is wait has been keeping them alive in the Peg.

Comment

Originally posted by NIMBUS View Post
                            no satedans had projectile weapons (rewatch ronon epps).
                            travelers and ronon have traveler particle magnums
                            not

satedan genocide happened few years ago (ronon witnessed it), not 10k years ago, therefore travelers are older than satedans and can't be their remnants.
                            and what is the connection between satedans and the numbers of travelers? ...satedan population was bigger than 18k.

edit: reread it, sorry if this post seems aggressive, i didn't intend it to be that way.
                            when was it stated that travelers are 10,000 years old? *goes through transcripts now to find it*
                            and oh yeah satedans used projectile weapons...damn lol never mind
                            sigpic

Comment

Infact from my own understanding it hasn't been made clear where or how long the travellers have been around, but I thought ronon just happened upon the gun, and they just happen to use those energy blasters like ronon has, he probably found one, or traded for it.

Comment

travelers must be 10k years old cuz they don't seem like they could build those ships, they can barely maintain them. plus you won't find 150 ships lying around in one place, so there is only one logical explanation, they are flying around since the time of lanteans who probably gave them those ships or something. you can't really know the truth but it's practically impossible that they found/built those ships in last 10k years...

Comment

Working...
                                X