Return of the Ancients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aer'ki View Post
    Daniel was transformed into a Lantean. O'Neill's first and second encounter with the Repository of Knowledge were failures, but his 'mind meld' transformation by Stevenson was successful. It is a slower, safer version without the knowledge download, so Jack is fully Alterran by this point.

Asgard are NOT more advanced than the Alterra, just a few key pieces of technology they have, like the long range beaming tech, that they improved while the Alterra were gone. Also, the Asgard have a large population, the Alterran do not at this point, so in that regard you could say they are superior.
    tnx for explaining, Aer-Ki

Originally posted by NIMBUS View Post
    looks like daniel forgot to set the alarm the day he was supposed to get military-strategy-downloads, which is nuts because he's responsible for everyone on a planet...
    it's suspicious that remus didn't even consider the possibility of being friendly with the alterra...

so people, what do you think is the chance that romulus is gonna betray his friend and turn to 'the good side'?

I think he knows he's gonn have to completley discontinue his ethically-questionable research before they decide to work with him

by the way aer'ki... how many episode do you plan to write before taking another break?
    [QUOTE=NIMBUS;12805809]@burns but romumus can't physically get to the alterrans... and considering that this is happening 7 months into past [if ryan isn't keeping another secret] he didn't because both daniel and jack were surprised when the attack happened in chapter one.
    ...btw even if romulus and the girl decided to fly to one of the nearest solar systems with a gate in it... well... remus's army will be waiting there... at least it would be logical that they'd be there.

Originally posted by Aer'ki View Post
    Camothor- When Romulus ascends, then descends, he descends with a healthy young body. Bit of a cheat, but he's still Lantean in physiology. He doesn't possess the 'ascended knowledge', so his mental capacity isn't an issue. He did, however, in the past upgrade his body a bit, like Merlin did, so he has powers above and beyond that of a normal Lantean, but not up to Alterran levels, which is why his body keeps growing old over time. Alterran is essentially a different species from Lantean, and all Romulus can do is upgrade his Lantean physiology. Technically a cheat by ascended rules, but since he didn't take any knowledge with him(just a few memories) he wasn't stopped since he was now out of the ascended plain.
    As for the Asgard, their physiology had to be updated to accomodate their enhanced minds. Their old bodies weren't mentally advanced enough, their new bodies weren't physically advanced enough...so Ryan split the difference, taking the best of both worlds, but their appearance is a cross between the two. Their minds, however, are 100% intact.
    loox like Janus was a superior Lantean; he managed to actually find the repository an 'Alterra-ized' himself
    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

umm people why am i the only one trying to come up with funky future predictions? ...are you all saving your stuff for your own fics or am i just weird?
      ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

I think that romulus is still gate hopping trying to get to atlantis.....

I still don't get why there is a massive shortage of potentia's stevenson now has black hole taps and the supposedly inlimited energy why would the defense satelites not have a fully charged potentia in them?....

One thing I would think would be epic and thought that the alterans would have had down pat would be to have shielding at regular intervals throughout the cities, that way if a experiment went wrong or intruders etc they could just seal off that portion of the city. I'm sure there was something like that mentioned in Rising S1 ep1 of SG Atlantis?
        Better a diamond with a flaw than a peeble without

Comment

massive shortages of potentias?
          ...as i understand it empty potentias were put in the defence satellites to store energy generated, they basically acted like batteries, you don't charge a battery that is full and it is a waste keeping the generator offline.
          putting a potentia in everything that can fly is an overkill. i mean, columnars had hundreds of under-control ships flying with them, would you put a potentia in every one of them? and if 'no' than you get why the defence satellites didn't have them as well.
          ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Originally posted by NIMBUS View Post
            umm people why am i the only one trying to come up with funky future predictions?
            what do people think of whether the Alterran-Leantean Coalition will let the Alba Longans join them? All depends on how bad Romulus's crimes really were most likely.
            If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
            [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

what alba longans have done isn't as bad as the stuff vanir did... i don't know how fond alterrans are of life-forms like iktal, but imo they will be fine, especially considering that 99,9% of ALs are only guilty of just going with it and ignoring the ethics, they might have to do some overtime but otherwise they'll get a pass, at least imo
              ...actually this doesn't matter because all but 2 ALs are rotting somewhere and we don't even know if the 2 'survivors' can rot

Comment

Dam it enough to get hooked all over again and then no more episodes again

Comment

To answer the potentia question, the original station/factory had it's capacitors fully charged, which was sufficient to fill 37 potentia. Plus there was one in storage, and the one recovered from the Brotherhood, that meant 39 available at the outset. Two went for Atlantis, one for the Tria, one each for every Terra, one each for every Columnar.
                  Other potentia factories have been built, and are currently storing energy, but it takes a great deal of time to collect that MASSIVE amount of energy. The surviving station/factory would collect 1 potentia charge approximately every year, and each station/factory will have differing collection rates.
                  There is now 1 black hole tap functioning in Kestardra. It is of Janus's design, inspired by Ori technology, but not a copy. It is a prototype, and significantly smaller in yield due to the design and the size of the black hole(small). It will yield approximately 18 potentia charges per year.
                  In total, the Alterra can produce approximately 23 potentia per year. While that may sound like a lot, given the exponential civilization buildup they are experiencing, that is still a small number and they must be prioritized. Columnars and existing Alterran infrastructure take priority...such as the observation station above Tartarus. There are many places that require potentia that have not been mentioned, plus new cities and other facilities that require them. The black hole tap is a great advantage, but not an unlimited source of power.
                  Cities, ships, Boa, etc with generator/empty potentia is a cheat way of utilizing the technology, with the option of swapping out the minimally charged potentia for full ones at any time they become available if desired.
                  Given that the Alterra have 22 galaxies worth of hidden infrastructure, there will be an insufficient amount of potentia for quite a while.
                  Rebuilding a civilization takes a lot of time...
                  Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

Just read the latest episode and I have to say, that was pretty good. Haven't really kept up with the series much lately, but I liked that.

Comment

Lots of great info to take in.

Once Stevenson gets the real scope of the Wraith and their capacity, I think they will begin a very devastating campaign against the Wraith.

I'd still like to see a direct confrontation between Stevenson, and this 'warmaster' Wraith.

Comment

I'd still like to see a direct confrontation between Stevenson, and this 'warmaster' Wraith.
                        agreed. judging from the last 3 episodes you can't tell the difference between an alterra and a human and we are feeling the withdrawal lol ...seriously - *zombie voice* we wan't more alterra details

Comment

Yeah that would be epic! I wonder who is stronger in terms of telepathy? I wonder i the warmaster queen fed on heaps of alterra or lanteans and thats why she is so powerful

Comment

Here's my question.

How much derivation is occurring in the primary time-line compared to the others?

Its seems that everything is going to be harder in the primary time-line for everyone involved.

Hell the way things are going the Ashen out of desperation will ally with anyone that help them win, no matter the cost.

Does that monitor array around Tartarus also monitor and try to prevent ships from outside reaching there?

Comment

The array around Tartarus keeps the system 'hidden' from long range scans. It's not a traditional cloaking device, but it is meant to hide the 'prison system.' Nobody can see in...and the Lovakora can't see out. Double blind. That's why the monitoring station is located inside the prison and connected by stargate, otherwise no monitoring would be possible.

As for differences in the timelines, nothing is ever exactly the same. In some timelines there are no Ori, so that is one positive amongst the negatives.
                              Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

I loved the latest 'episode'! It was a great continuation and I can't wait for more!

I do have a question though, is there any other functional alteran shipyards other than that moon base one? Because I was reading and there seemed to be a HUGE increase in alteran ships in just one year and I thought I might have missed something about other functional alteran shipyards
                                Last edited by eastwood6510; 11 August 2011, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X