Return of the Ancients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome back, Aer'ki!

You're not the only one who is writing again.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation Aer'ki, Nice to see you back!

Hope your season went well
      Better a diamond with a flaw than a peeble without

Comment

ok re-reading the the first chapter (eppy 5 S2) the first paragraph talk about the "scouting" of the system millions of years ago, but in this fan-fic didn't the Alterans not "scout" in the Peg Gal, which is why they seeded the Lanteans there? Aer'ki did you mean the Lanteans, did the scouting, or did the Alterans scout it but did not have time (with the pulage) to make it theirs?

Comment

How awesome was the newest chapter, the wraith are going to go all out - it seems they've only been using a fraction of their power.

Comment

Originally posted by Burns View Post
            ok re-reading the the first chapter (eppy 5 S2) the first paragraph talk about the "scouting" of the system millions of years ago, but in this fan-fic didn't the Alterans not "scout" in the Peg Gal, which is why they seeded the Lanteans there? Aer'ki did you mean the Lanteans, did the scouting, or did the Alterans scout it but did not have time (with the pulage) to make it theirs?
            The Alterrans did a comprehensive galatic survey of 32 galaxies, Avalona was the first they colonized, Pegasus was on the list, they just never got around to it. The Lanteans then did a complete survey at a much more recent date, but still millions of years ago. That survey is the one referenced in the first chapter.
            Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

is the attero device still online or can wraith now jump into hyperspace?it was a long time ago since i read that part so i dont quite remember....
              btw the last chapter was TOTALLY LEGENDARY!!! i just love the wraith stuff^^

Comment

They used it in the siege of Atlantis. But Janus turned it off because to many natives used the stargates, and their lives depended on their use.
                To stop the 'gates from exploding they deactivated every stargate in Pegasus remotely from the 'Gate Hub.

Comment

Originally posted by Lant3an View Post
                  is the attero device still online or can wraith now jump into hyperspace?it was a long time ago since i read that part so i dont quite remember....
                  btw the last chapter was TOTALLY LEGENDARY!!! i just love the wraith stuff^^
                  Thanks.
                  The attero device is currently offline...and I actually addressed that point in ch.3 Just haven't posted it yet, lol.

And to everyone...thanks for reading and the support. I just had a little time available so I decided to knock off another episode, but I'm still busy. Afraid that's not going to change any time soon.

Comment

Well, thats a kick in the crotch. At least i'll have another chapter to be thankful for though!

Comment

Aer'ki

You said earlier in the series that the Lanteans were similar to the Ori Prior's, and the Alterra were similar to Adria.
                      So does that mean we'll see Daniel and that be able to heal people with a touch, or move objects with their minds anytime soon?

Comment

Originally posted by Bane View Post
                        Aer'ki

You said earlier in the series that the Lanteans were similar to the Ori Prior's, and the Alterra were similar to Adria.
                        So does that mean we'll see Daniel and that be able to heal people with a touch, or move objects with their minds anytime soon?
                        Prior's had the staffs to help with a lot of that, remember. But some Edeva skills are possible for the Lanteans, they just have to develop them. So maybe 'soon' isn't the best word there.

Comment

before you disappear I have a question. Will you somehow explain conflict between Ori and Ancients? the whole science x religion sounds too vague
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

@god i don't think it's going to be anything too cool. mainly because nothing concise and cool fits (sg creators are at fault) and stevenson's response wasn't too emotional when he and that ascended ori had that little chat in destra in one of the latest episodes. at least from what i remember ryan just had - yes i have memory of it - reaction, nothing cool or 'dramatic'.
                            i would be more interested in a logical answer to why the ori still hated the alterra after all that time, but i got a feeling i won't get it - logic and religions don't mix well - and if aer'ki will think of something it will most likely have something to do with 'cores' <sarcasm> which are very scientific </sarcasm>

about the latest chapter - imo it was an OK read, there wasn't anything wrong with it in my opinion, i just prefer storyline developments and not a lot of detail of wraith realising that they should do something more serious. ok my not-caring about the wraith probably added to the not-psyched-ness
                            ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

I think the Ori v Alterra really just boiled down to a drastically different views of philosophy. The Ori became more fanatical and the Alterra wanted to continue on a scientific path.

The Alterra were out numbered by the Ori, with no real chance of beating them without using the Ark (which would make them as bad as the Ori, replacing one enemy with the other in order to beat them) so they decided to leave - i think it was the most sensible choice; the Ori hadn't yet fully become the monsters that we knew them as in SG1, they believed that they were doing the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                                before you disappear I have a question. Will you somehow explain conflict between Ori and Ancients? the whole science x religion sounds too vague
                                Science vs. Religion was the ascended Alterrans' spin on it, as told by Orlin. The basic philosophical difference is a matter of observer and experience. The Alterrans studied, the Ori acted and learned by doing. Such as a scientist might study an athlete, measure certain variables, etc and give their take on the proper training approach...the athlete learned what not to do by actually training, and gains an entirely different perspective. The athlete deals with reality, the scientist with theory.

The conflict between Ori and Alterrans is more than that...but that would be spoilers.

Comment

Working...
                                X