No announcement yet.

Return of the Ancients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to see new chapters being produced, hopefully the speed they are coming out will not affect the quality. One line in paricular annoyed me in chapter 3. I will quote it below;

Well, it was Americans that saved the planet in WW1 and WW2…why not go for the trifecta?

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Yeah that line annoyed me as well. But everything else was good. I like how Aerki is reintroducing the one time aliens again. And I can't wait for Bratac's counter attack.

Comment

The Aschen have no chance at beating the Ancients, remember the Columnar was not finished when it was in battle with the Aschen, now they have 12 Columnars plus it did say somewhere that there were several dozen columnars in the shipyard building so there is a safe bet here the Aschen will lose.
        sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by IWKYZerocool View Post
          The Aschen have no chance at beating the Ancients, remember the Columnar was not finished when it was in battle with the Aschen, now they have 12 Columnars plus it did say somewhere that there were several dozen columnars in the shipyard building so there is a safe bet here the Aschen will lose.
          Yeah, but the question is, how much destruction will they dish out in the meantime? How many civilizations will be utterly destroyed and forever beyond repair?

Comment

I'm still waiting for the Ori Motherships to be absorbed into the new Ancient Fleet. Toilet seats or no, these things were BEASTS in battle.

Comment

I just read the new chapters.

Great to have this series back.

At this stage, it seems that all we have is fanfiction now.

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                Nice to see new chapters being produced, hopefully the speed they are coming out will not affect the quality. One line in paricular annoyed me in chapter 3. I will quote it below;
                It is something we Americans would say though.
                http://epsilon.astroempires.com/?ref=E.94116

Comment

One nit pick.

The Asgard Plasma Beam weapons aren't blue. They're white.

People think they're blue because of the way the effect was built. It's a Super bright white with a diffusion effect surrounding it on a black (Space) background, making it LOOK blue, but that's just a trick your eyes play.

Comment

damn, I was hoping we'll see our Ori friend again. Chapter with him was amazing
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

Hope ur injury has healed completely by now, Aer-ki.
                      If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                      [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by Dokuritsushin View Post
                        Yeah, but the question is, how much destruction will they dish out in the meantime? How many civilizations will be utterly destroyed and forever beyond repair?
                        Well reading the new chapter they have already destroyed quite alot of civilisation, I wonder when the Asgard will push their attack as they already kicked the Aschen butt once when they reclaimed Einherja and also when Bra'tac will start fighting them with his new H'Tel ships.
                        sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity000 View Post
                          It is something we Americans would say though.

That has always been somthing that has annoyed me, the fact that they turned up at the point where the tide was turning makes people think America saved us

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by NIMBUS View Post
                            it's cool that the fic is back

...so, what, are aschen turning into this? i know that they aren't that bad but still...
                            "They progressed more rapidly than the others," Nidhogg said warily. "They merged with another species, gaining great power and knowledge, but the combination of their genomes degenerated them into nefas, and we were forced to purge them as well, with the assistance of the Asgard."

Ryan frowned. "What kind of nefas?"

"Those they conquered," Nidhogg said with disgust, "they mutilated and devoured while still alive."

i know that that they aren't eating other humans but they are screwed in the head a bit... i came to this conclusion because all of them seam to think the same, and not just the leaders or something, like it's in their dna, the bs, i mean
                            that para is really describing the Aschen? seems contrary to how the unmutated Aschen considered themselves "civilized" genocidists in certain fanfics exlicitly n implictly in the show, which is simply a nonsensive contradictory

I thought I'd interpreted the intended meaning of the ROTA paragraph coprrectly, but now am more confused can anyone explain it to me?
                            If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                            [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

love this story, please check out mine as well and tell me what you think, im still new to this.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor
                              sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor

Comment

That paragraph was referring to humans in another galaxy, cant remember which. Those humans were then wiped out by the Asgard I think after they became mutated. Definitely not the Aschen though.

Comment

Working...
                                X