No announcement yet.

Return of the Ancients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aer'ki glad your injury has healed and we will all have to just wait, just like when a season ends on TV, I will just keep reading it over and over again.
    sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

What is he training for

i rule startegic games

Comment

Well, good luck, and we will be waiting.

Time for me to get back to work on my own writing.

Comment

we will be waiting
          break a leg ^^

Comment

...aer'ki could have put up the chapters he has written and maybe even finished the episode in the boring bits of the rest-time between training , it would probably take few months, but who cares

edit: btw what kind of training takes up 100% of someone's time? (just curious, want to know what to add to a list of what i never want do )
            Last edited by NIMBUS; 28 September 2010, 12:02 PM.
            ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

ok this is something that may not be vary related to this topic, but i think it's something that everyone of you sci-fi nerds may be interested in... http://www.ted.com/talks/sebastian_seung.html

to make it less spam-like - here's the connection, i was right
              Originally posted by NIMBUS View Post
              if the asgard would somehow be kept to life, there is no promise that anything similar to intellect would survive (their brains are physically too different (remember memories are 'stored' in the connections between neurons(if i'm not totally wrong), as i see it, it would all get screwed up))
              ...ok not completely right, i didn't stress enough the damaging effects of possible differences between neurons, even if their structure is a little different, it's good bye memories, good bye
              ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Well, It's time to prepare the stasis chamber.

Comment

Good luck with training
                  Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KikeGate View Post
                    Well, It's time to prepare the stasis chamber.
                    So true, so true

Comment

Noooo, that is guttering for all of us, but i guess real life does have to take over at some point.. lol

I hope your training for whatever goes well
                      Better a diamond with a flaw than a peeble without

Comment

hey. i was wondering, since we all have no idea when or if this series will ever pick back up i wanted to see if anyone has taken it upon themselves to continue it themselves, in a sense. don't get me wrong its aer-ki jyrs story and canon and no disrespect to him but this is one fic i got hooked on for awhile and now find myself wanting more.

be it with theories to a certain plot element or story arc's continuation or conclusion or mini stories, or someones own episodes or chapters, what have you. i've reread rota recently and find myself trying to figure out stevensons masterplans for the alterra's domain and practically everything else the author has expanded upon from the sg-universe. for instance, when i first read the chapter where the lovakara are first mentioned, i figured that they would become part of the story way, way down the line, given the insane threat to the alterra's rebuilding and milky way they could become; compared to say the wraith or romulus's microchip implant goons or the i.o.a., but still, that plotline and certain others got me hooked and simply want more of this series.

well enough rambling, if its not against the rules and someone out there has written down their take on the future of this great series post it up somewhere. i've tryed to play out how i think things might turn out but i've not the writing talent that aer-ki jyr and other fanficcers have, so aside from stumbling upon an equally epic continuation of the stargate franchise im in the sg fanfic woods out here.
                        ---Lexifer---

sigpic

Comment

continuing on lexifer's thought...
                          it would be cool if someone would write "stargate: return of the ancients: alternate realities cause headaches" (i would read that) ...basically take one thing from the last chapter of s2 e3 of rota and change it, for example the name ryan chose for morgan, and that basically be the moment this (the new reality) reality diverged from the one aer'ki writes ... btw if someone does this, an awesome comparison of epicness would be waiting for us in the future
                          Last edited by NIMBUS; 15 October 2010, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NIMBUS View Post
                            continuing on lexifer's thought...
                            it would be cool if someone would write "stargate: return of the ancients: alternate realities cause headaches" (i would read that) ...basically take one thing from the last chapter of s2 e3 of rota and change it, for example the name ryan chose for morgan, and that basically be the moment this (the new reality) reality diverged from the one aer'ki writes ... btw if someone does this, an awesome comparison of epicness would be waiting for us in the future
                            That's an interesting idea. Solves another author's potential problems with strict canonization and frees him/her up to make creative changes to aer-ki's existing story arcs or individual plotlines. The point of divergence wouldn't even neccessarily need to be from the last posted chapter or episode. One could start their alternate timeline anywhere in the whole series. I would think, however, the divergence should be at the start of the second season at the earliest.

Also, like you said, if aer-ki jyr does end up continuing RotA sometime in the future, it would be neat to compare it with someone else's version.

Regardless of my aforementioned poor writing skills, I think your alternate reality idea will help me to continue RotA for my own satisfaction and recreation. I do hope someone else is also inspired by this because this is one fanfic that is worthy of never ending. And how incredibly great would it be for the RotA series to have like 50 counterparts. Imagine tens and tens of different divergence points from as many fanfics branching off of it all in different places. Talk about epic. Anyhow thanks for responding NIMBUS. If I come up with anything decent and worth reading I'll be sure to post it and provide a link for anyone interested.
                            ---Lexifer---

sigpic

Comment

cool i'll check out what you've got when you've got it, but i've got to say 1 thing, for me the divergence point being near the end of the last episode is pretty important for the most 'awesomeness'. i just find ascended stuff cool , with them occasionally participating in the fic the epicness-meter sky-rockets (just babbling)
                              Last edited by NIMBUS; 17 October 2010, 07:32 AM.

Comment

I can't wait until you get back! If you ever get back, but i can't think like that.

I really loved your Star Wars fic' and the Return of the Anceints, i was sad to see both incomplete just as the best was coming. I really hope you keep going with both stories, and i'll do my part if you need help in it (proof reading, ect).

Don't waste this talent, continue with your stories, and finish them before you start a new one. I know while you may be away the possibility of finding a new story to start will be high.

Hurry back, i'll be counting down the days, prison stile.

-Bane

Comment

Working...
                                X