Return of the Ancients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
    That last chapter can really make you think.
    Wait till you read this one, so the I'm guessing the one that "died" was alteran?

Comment

Oh this is getting exciting... Ryan's new moto should be "Accelerating the Acceleration!" LOL

Comment

From the wiki:
        Liona is the third Alterran transformed by the Repository of Knowledge. She comes from Destra, and was once part of the anti-Ori underground

Who was the 2nd, or were you counting Jack as the first then Ryan as the 2nd, or is janus in there to?

Comment

Originally posted by Burns View Post
          From the wiki:
          Liona is the third Alterran transformed by the Repository of Knowledge. She comes from Destra, and was once part of the anti-Ori underground

Who was the 2nd, or were you counting Jack as the first then Ryan as the 2nd, or is janus in there to?
          Jack was unsuccessful. The 2nd is Janus, even if it didn't happen in this timeline.(because he's here now)
          Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

I'm guessing Jack was unsuccesful xause he did not want ro be changed or did the 2nd part just not take

Comment

Originally posted by Aer'ki View Post
              Jack was unsuccessful. The 2nd is Janus, even if it didn't happen in this timeline.(because he's here now)
              Originally posted by Burns View Post
              I'm guessing Jack was unsuccesful xause he did not want ro be changed or did the 2nd part just not take
              I also suspected this.

That for some reason Jack decided not to follow Stevenson's path.

I also suspect that Ryan and the Green Mean Flame will stay in touch. Because Stevenson is something Orii or the Rivera have never had, a spy in the Empire. In exchange for his help Stevenson and Flame can stay in touch.

Comment

Good call I would think the same thing, but it seems whenever one of us puts a prection down on this thread, it doesn't happen that way,

Comment

It was mentioned in an earlier update that Jack has undergone the change and is getting the early downloads.

Being unable to take on another form is a little contradictory for Ganos.

I mean, Oma turned herself into an asian man. Granted she wasn't descended but isin't it really a matter of creating a body and dumping your consciousness into it?

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom6 View Post
                    It was mentioned in an earlier update that Jack has undergone the change and is getting the early downloads.

Being unable to take on another form is a little contradictory for Ganos.

I mean, Oma turned herself into an asian man. Granted she wasn't descended but isin't it really a matter of creating a body and dumping your consciousness into it?
                    oma desala wasn't the monk, that was a totally different person.
                    sigpic

Comment

Very nice neding to the episode. Glad to see the return of Morgan and glad to see stevenson gaining an ally in the ascended plane. There were a good few hints at why the Ori/Altera spilt occured which really help with the back story. your character interaction was also alot better and this is somthing i hope you can keep up. Couple of questions though:

1.What about Oma and Orlin, How do they fit into the empire?
                      2.do the Rivera occupy a different galaxy or do they also exist in Destra?

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                        That last chapter can really make you think.
                        yes, yes--revolutionary analyzing of the plot details

[QUOTE=TK99;11879380]
                        Because Stevenson is something Orii or the Rivera have never had, a spy in the Empire.

what are the Rivera like? hopefully Aer-ki will explain soon.
                        If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                        [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                          Very nice neding to the episode. Glad to see the return of Morgan and glad to see stevenson gaining an ally in the ascended plane. There were a good few hints at why the Ori/Altera spilt occured which really help with the back story. your character interaction was also alot better and this is somthing i hope you can keep up. Couple of questions though:

1.What about Oma and Orlin, How do they fit into the empire?
                          2.do the Rivera occupy a different galaxy or do they also exist in Destra?
                          1. Oma was a Lantean, like Merlin and Morgan that ascended after returning to Avalona. When she ascended, she eventually started to help others do the same, breaking the rules. She was exiled(shunned) for it, but continued to ascend those she saw were worthy.

Orlin was a Human that she helped ascend(that's why he needed help to do it a second time), he also broke the rules to help some Humans fight against the Goa'uld. His punishment was exile as well, along with the destruction of everyone on the planet, and he lingered about the planet until he met up with Carter and descended.

Both are subjects of the Empire, in the subdivision loosely known as the "Ancients." They mostly police themselves, but are ultimately answerable to higher powers within the Empire. The 'exiles' can't leave, they're just kept out of the 'club', so to speak.

2. The Rivera are not in Destra, they are far, far away from it. If it takes the Ori 4 to 5 days to get from Avalona to Destra, it would take him a better part of a year to get back to Rivera territory. It is so far away that the Alterra will never get there in their dimension, so they won't care about Stevenson becomeing a juntar. He's not a threat to them because of the distances involved.

****Also, I have begun adding an index for the wiki at the bottom of the main page.

Comment

I guess it's true for this fic as it was for the original shows - ancient related episodes are among best!

Aer'ki, i have hyperspace related questions
                            1st what happens when two hyperspace 'bubbles' 'touch' if they both are of the same design? do they merge or are both vessels thrown out of hyperspace?
                            2nd what happens when stargate connection intersects with a hyperspace bubble?

...btw aer'ki thanks for answering or at least commenting on the questions i wrote in the 1st post of this page... /s ...only 2 of the 3 questions are still relevant.

...oh and aer'ki you should write an explanation in your wiki on how exactly are the personal shields recharged(in the 'takeover of the hive ships' chapter they just seams to get power from nowhere, even the 'solar power' explanation wouldn't work(even if they can 'absorb' a larger spectrum)), where do they get power from? lol 2nd thoughts, forget the wiki better write the ep
                            Last edited by NIMBUS; 08 September 2010, 08:35 AM.
                            ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Aerki quick question what has happened to the Tria as it is not on wiki and it has not been mentioned since its last trip to make a potentia factory
                              Last edited by IWKYZerocool; 08 September 2010, 12:34 PM.
                              sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by NIMBUS View Post
                                I guess it's true for this fic as it was for the original shows - ancient related episodes are among best!

Aer'ki, i have hyperspace related questions
                                1st what happens when two hyperspace 'bubbles' 'touch' if they both are of the same design? do they merge or are both vessels thrown out of hyperspace?
                                2nd what happens when stargate connection intersects with a hyperspace bubble?

...btw aer'ki thanks for answering or at least commenting on the questions i wrote in the 1st post of this page... /s ...only 2 of the 3 questions are still relevant.

...oh and aer'ki you should write an explanation in your wiki on how exactly are the personal shields recharged(in the 'takeover of the hive ships' chapter they just seams to get power from nowhere, even the 'solar power' explanation wouldn't work(even if they can 'absorb' a larger spectrum)), where do they get power from? lol 2nd thoughts, forget the wiki better write the ep
                                1. Hyperspace bubbles are compatible if of the same design, allowing ships to 'fly' very close together if their jump is timed correctly. Hyperdrives of different designs may or may not be compatible. If not, the energy fields will weaken each other, possibly causing premature failure. In such a case, the weaker field would collapse first, allowing the second vessel to continue unmolested.

2. An active hyperspace bubble in existence will cause a connection failure, but since they're usually moving the gate would wait a microsecond then engage. If a bubble ran into an active 'wormhole' it would most likely fail and the ship would revert. The wormhole would remain intact(probably) and bounce aside, given that the conduit is flexible for varying conditions within hyperspace. It could also, if charge was applied, make the wormhole jump to another gate...however, such a coincidence is statistically impossible given the vastness of space.

3. Personal shields worn by the armored Lantean troops and by Alterran 'liquid armor' suits have an internal power supply that gradually recharges the device. In the case of the Lantean armor, the power supply for the shield is inside. Other shield devices are mobile and are worn like a gauntlet, they have a smaller power supply inside that gradually recharges over time.

Alterran liquid armor also has an internal power supply, supplemented by environmental recharge...probably better make it my next wiki update.

Originally posted by IWKYZerocool View Post
                                Aerki quick question what has happened to the Tria as it is not on wiki and it has not been mentioned since its last trip to make a potentia factory
                                Still in Lantean fleet, under the command of Larrin. She's been upgraded to Lantean and is the default 'supreme commander' of their fleet, which consists of the Tria and the three 304s.

***added to wiki, thanks for reminding me

Comment

Working...
                                X