No announcement yet.

Return of the Ancients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Below is a basic comparison of the civilizations in stargate current to the most recent episode.

Add up the three areas and you'll get a basic idea of the civilization level.

Expansion

+1 Air Flight...Genii
    can't wait till we get to see what their planes look like if they currently have any

+8 Galaxy-wide Travel(end to end)...Tok'ra Remus Nox Lovakora
    Wasn't Remus in ur story an Ancient? I would've thought his spaceflight capabilities were much greater.

+9 Galaxy-wide civilization(sporadic, widespread)....Jaffa Bra'tac's Jaffa Wraith
    surprised the non-Bratac Jaffa have greater travel capabilities than the Nox and Remus

Technology

+6 Ion Power....Wraith
    +7 Neutron Power.....Aschen Furlings Remus
    I recalled ur explanation which by extension explains why the Aschen are more tech adv than Wraith. Would've thought the Furlings as one o the 4GR would be much more adv than the
    Aschen
    +8 Neutrino Power.....Asgard
    +9 Tachyon Power.... Bra'tac's Jaffa Nox
    a surprise here that the Nox in ur story are more tech adv than the Asgard; but then again in SG-1 we never saw much of confirmed Nox tech except their floating city

+10 Lessat Power....Ori
    +11 Keiron Power....Alterra
    +12 Unknown.... Lovakora
    holy crap those dinos are even more adv than the Alterra? guess the Alterra must've used superior tactics to defeat them long ago

Population

+5 10 billion....Remus
    where was/is Remus located?

+6 100 billion....Jaffa Wraith
    these guys are numerous; would hate to have each race collectively as enemies
    +7 1 trillion...Furlings Lovakora [COLOR="yellowgreen]
    glad to see SO MANY the Furlings alive and well; lots of Lovakora to contend with!
    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by striker7770 View Post
      i have an interesting idea that may change the game for a few episodes.
      perhaps Stevenson finds the coordinates for destiny, and successfully enters the ship, since he is an ancient, he can control it instantly, maybe destiny was a way to escape the ascended empire, a paradise far far away. so stevenson can go out and take control of the destiny, maybe make a base there, and send destiny towards its goal.

I bring this up because stevenson is almost a dues ex machina, a good one, but having a large chunk of the known universe makes you that, removing him from the equation for a few chapters may really make the secondary ancients or even seed species shine
      It's an interesting idea. Removing Stevenson from the equation would give rise to some interesting situations. The secondary Altera will need to be able handle situations like those, and as long as stevenson is their it is difficult for them too.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
        It's an interesting idea. Removing Stevenson from the equation would give rise to some interesting situations. The secondary Altera will need to be able handle situations like those, and as long as stevenson is their it is difficult for them too.
        there is still janus who is practically "stevenson 2.0"... oh and the clones, they wouldn't stay passive after something like that would happen
        Last edited by NIMBUS; 16 August 2010, 10:54 AM.
        ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Originally posted by NIMBUS View Post
          there is still janus who is piratically "stevenson 2.0"... oh and the clones, they wouldn't stay passive after something like that would happen
          O yea I forgot about Janus. The clones have seemed to have specialized, so in a big situation none of them could really fill stevenson's general boots.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

did you forget that sheppards the military commander and would be able to make decisions quickly and effectivly cocerning military matters then daniel and teyla and elizibeth are all like there diplomats

i rule startegic games

Comment

Originally posted by shadez2 View Post
              did you forget that sheppards the military commander and would be able to make decisions quickly and effectivly cocerning military matters then daniel and teyla and elizibeth are all like there diplomats
              Well so far thet havn't exaclty got a chance to show that considering Stevenson is around.

Comment

that, and sheppard may be second in command, but he still is devoloping, he really isnt fully ancient yet

Comment

Originally posted by striker7770 View Post
                  that, and sheppard may be second in command, but he still is devoloping, he really isnt fully ancient yet
                  well that is somthing I want to see. I want to see things go FUBAR quickly. By having stevenson dissappearing, you have under devloped ancients dealing with situations behond their control. Stevenson has had everything his own way so far. I would love to see things go so wrong very quickly. See how these Anicents cope with situations far behond them and see if they really are this "super".

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                    Well so far thet havn't exaclty got a chance to show that considering Stevenson is around.
                    Teyla is skilled militarily too. She's not just a diplomat.
                    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

yeah that but she couldnt go and infiltrate all the wraith ships and rescue the humans but with all her ties with the peagasus galaxey she would fit better as a body guard / diplomat for elizibeth

i rule startegic games

Comment

but she couldnt go and infiltrate all the wraith ships and rescue the humans
                        ehm dude have you read this fic?
                        ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

yes cant remember which ep she did it in but after the aquirement of th 3 bc304s

i rule startegic games

Comment

prediction... stevenson will get paranoid about wraith feeding on the alterra so he'll put his medic-clone on perfecting the 'hoffin drug' to ensure wraith don't feed on his brothers and sisters
                            ...at least it would be logical
                            -------------------------------------------
                            wow just found out something
                            Spoiler:
                            heh i'm 100% sure aer'ki is going to do this ...i'm sure because i happened to re-watch s01ep7 and in this episode i heard sheppard say this...
                            i tried to feed him all sorts of live stuff, but apparently there is only one item on his menu
                            sounds familiar? try rereading the 1st chapter of ROTA s2e2 ...aer'ki probably re-watched the episode to make sure he didn't make any mistakes writing his episode ...and you can guess the rest...
                            Last edited by NIMBUS; 17 August 2010, 01:07 PM.

Comment

My big question is who are all the people on the Alterra ships? I could see Teyla, and maybe a few clones but then who is manning the guns, Ronans army? If that comes upin the next chapter I will wait too readit but an answer

Comment

[QUOTE=NIMBUS;11822246]prediction... stevenson will get paranoid about wraith feeding on the alterra so he'll put his medic-clone on perfecting the 'hoffin drug' to ensure wraith don't feed on his brothers and sisters
                                ...at least it would be logical

brilliant guess; I wouldn't be so surprised if Aer-Ki plans to go this route

Comment

Working...
                                X