No announcement yet.

Return of the Ancients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude sorry to dissapoint you, but hasn't been online (this site) since april 9th...
    ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

It's been a while since he last posted the season finale. Writing a fan fic like this would take dedication which is hard to maintain especially when real life get in his way with the college work ,another projects, etc. That makes harder to keep up with it and having people begin for eps when you can deliver in timely manner.
      If I were to ask what would I want in his second season, I would ask to keep the technology wise story lines; If it continues his work . I don't think that SGU-ize this fan fic including a lot of character moments as some people want won't make it more interesting but rather dull. That's what IMHO scifi is more focused on.

Comment

Originally posted by KikeGate View Post
        It's been a while since he last posted the season finale. Writing a fan fic like this would take dedication which is hard to maintain especially when real life get in his way with the college work ,another projects, etc. That makes harder to keep up with it and having people begin for eps when you can deliver in timely manner.
        If I were to ask what would I want in his second season, I would ask to keep the technology wise story lines; If it continues his work . I don't think that SGU-ize this fan fic including a lot of character moments as some people want won't make it more interesting but rather dull. That's what IMHO scifi is more focused on.
        Difference of opinion, That's fine No ****ing way i want SGU just to clarify though i compare SGU to a botched colonoscopy. I never say i want to REPLACE the tech with character, I say just ADD a little more character to the tech to balance it out. I don't think this is unreasonable. I want to know WHY the characters are doing what they're doing, not the intricacies of their daily lives.

Without getting into details though, here's a quote from a PM i got from Aer'ki while we were discussing this that should appease those of you who disagree with me.

Originally posted by Aer'ki
        If I got one wish and this series turned into the 4th stargate series I'd expect to have to flesh out these episodes(in some cases) to meet the 43 minute episode length. A lot of the stuff you're missing would be in that, and honestly, on screen that stuff takes just a few seconds...but in writing it distracts from the flow of the storyline, so I don't think it's right to go too heavy on it. I'm also not a fan of the 'social' aspect of storylines. I'm more for the 'important' moments where the fate of the galaxy is at stake or some new angle or enemy is revealed. Call it the Adrenaline/Awe moments instead of the Laugh/Weep moments.
        I'd like to point out that Harry Potter, Eragon, Lord of the Rings, and countless other movies all started out as novels. Look at Twilight for god's sakes. It's HORRIBLY written, but it touched people and wham, instant franchise.
        Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
        Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
        Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
          Difference of opinion, That's fine No ****ing way i want SGU just to clarify though i compare SGU to a botched colonoscopy. I never say i want to REPLACE the tech with character, I say just ADD a little more character to the tech to balance it out. I don't think this is unreasonable. I want to know WHY the characters are doing what they're doing, not the intricacies of their daily lives.

Without getting into details though, here's a quote from a PM i got from Aer'ki while we were discussing this that should appease those of you who disagree with me.

I'd like to point out that Harry Potter, Eragon, Lord of the Rings, and countless other movies all started out as novels. Look at Twilight for god's sakes. It's HORRIBLY written, but it touched people and wham, instant franchise.
          Eragon was just awful. I kept hoping he'd do something not covered in either Star Wars or TLotR, but no such luck...
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
            Eragon was just awful. I kept hoping he'd do something not covered in either Star Wars or TLotR, but no such luck...
            *shudder* Notice how i didn't say either was particularly good or bad? Eragon still makes me cringe, but it was still made into a big budget movie I've actually read the Twilight books and i can attest that they read like a drunk chimpanzee wrote them. But that's exactly my point. Even crap can be popular if it makes that connection.

It's a matter of statistics and trends really. Space Opera and Fantasy outperform Sci-fi EVERYTIME. It's sad because i LOVE sci-fi, but i also like space opera. A mix of the two is exactly what i'm looking for and Star Trek and SG1/A are the closest i can find.
            Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Comment

*shudder* Notice how i didn't say either was particularly good or bad? Eragon still makes me cringe, but it was still made into a big budget movie I've actually read the Twilight books and i can attest that they read like a drunk chimpanzee wrote them. But that's exactly my point. Even crap can be popular if it makes that connection.

It's a matter of statistics and trends really. Space Opera and Fantasy outperform Sci-fi EVERYTIME. It's sad because i LOVE sci-fi, but i also like space opera. A mix of the two is exactly what i'm looking for and Star Trek and SG1/A are the closest i can find.
              God the twilight 'books' were some of the worst 'books' ever. Back when the hobbit was first writen it was a children book, welcome to the dumbing down of the human race. And Those 'books' are the prof, come on bella cut your wrists and just get it of with. Sorry that was my rant on twilight, I feel better now. But yes I do feel thier could be more charactor del in this ff but I still like more then most a read.

Comment

Originally posted by Burns View Post
                God the twilight 'books' were some of the worst 'books' ever. Back when the hobbit was first writen it was a children book, welcome to the dumbing down of the human race. And Those 'books' are the prof, come on bella cut your wrists and just get it of with. Sorry that was my rant on twilight, I feel better now. But yes I do feel thier could be more charactor del in this ff but I still like more then most a read.
                My theory is that a million monkeys on a million typewriters made Twilight. It makes about that much sense

Possibly billions of monkeys given the actual quality level. Proof positive that Quality doesn't always beat Quantity

Comment

My theory is that a million monkeys on a million typewriters made Twilight. It makes about that much sense

Possibly billions of monkeys given the actual quality level. Proof positive that Quality doesn't always beat Quantity
                  Why you gotta diss the monkeys? At least in a few hundred thousands years they turned in to humans. Oh god hopefully twilight does not evolve. Plz

Comment

Don't worry, Blade is on it

Spoiler:

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                      Don't worry, Blade is on it

Spoiler:
                      Put his sword in his hand and there is the best shirt ever! Way to go Blade. You just got the most green I have ever given out. Anyone else who see's this green him.

Comment

I cannot believe some people actually LIKE Twilight, it is the biggest piece of **** EVER!@!

I borrowed the books from my Stepsister and I went like, PLEASE let me die out here before I have to read it again... The films are actually worse, which I thought to be impossible...

back on topic, I do not like the idea of turning this into an SGU, that show does NOT cut it for me.

www.darkarmada.nl
                        www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

i don't know about the quality of the writing or anything like that (i was indifferent to it, maybe my english is too bad, who knows), but i liked 'the battle' in the 4th book, the 'oh snap' the bad guys got... the concept of the italian-vampire-kings was cool as well, and that the young vampires are stronger was kind of ingenious (totally logical, but no one before that had thought of it)...
                          ...yea that was all i liked in twilight books
                          ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
                            I cannot believe some people actually LIKE Twilight, it is the biggest piece of **** EVER!@!

I borrowed the books from my Stepsister and I went like, PLEASE let me die out here before I have to read it again... The films are actually worse, which I thought to be impossible...

back on topic, I do not like the idea of turning this into an SGU, that show does NOT cut it for me.
                            What is it with people thinking that a little added character development will suddenly turn this into SGU? I don't think ANYONE reading wants that.

If anything, i want back to the level SG1 had. a few casual mentions here and there which never overpowered the plot of the story itself.

Comment

Small character moments won't hurt the fanfic, but as the time goes by it might rely more and more on character moments to the point we begin to see a lot of similarities to sgu. What makes me think of this is the fact that many people, in this site, seem to be unconditional sgu supporters just for the sake of the franchise.

Technology wise will do it just fine cause many people see it as sci-fi not dramatic space soap.

Comment

Originally posted by KikeGate View Post
                                Small character moments won't hurt the fanfic, but as the time goes by it might rely more and more on character moments to the point we begin to see a lot of similarities to sgu. What makes me think of this is the fact that many people, in this site, seem to be unconditional sgu supporters just for the sake of the franchise.

Technology wise will do it just fine cause many people see it as sci-fi not dramatic space soap.
                                wait, so you're saying that a few moments will grow and grow until it overpowers the fic? How does that make sense? it never totally overpowered SGA or SG1. There were bigger moments later yes, but they NEVER took over the plot unless the episode was designed that way ( Like Abyss or The Shrine, both of which were very well received BTW.)

WTF? Aer'ki DETESTS SGU. I HIGHLY doubt that would EVER happen. If anything he's very meticulous so i could see him being very careful about the balance and we'd never see anything even APPROACHING SGU in Rota

Comment

Working...
                                X