Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This fic has now completed:

Rascals II by Roeskva
    Sequel to Rascals. The continued adventures of Sam, Martouf, Lantash, Freya, Anise, and Daniel, after they have been turned into children. Meant as Christmas calendar. Kidfic. No pairings.
    PG-13
    Humor/Family

Chapter 1
    Chapter 2
    Chapter 3
    Chapter 4
    Chapter 5
    Chapter 6
    Chapter 7
    Chapter 8
    Chapter 9
    Chapter 10
    Chapter 11
    Chapter 12
    Chapter 13
    Chapter 14
    Chapter 15
    Chapter 16
    Chapter 17
    Chapter 18
    Chapter 19
    Chapter 20
    Chapter 21
    Chapter 22
    Chapter 23
    Chapter 24
    Last edited by Skadi; 26 December 2011, 04:56 AM. Reason: All text disappeared after saving! Red-doing is fun (NOT!)
    sigpic
    Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Just posted "A Higher Calling", which is ANOTHER new chapter of All That We Leave Behind.

Click the links in my signature below to be taken to the story!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
      sigpic
      now also appearing on DeviantArt
      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I have been watching through Stargate slowly, and relatively recently found the Tok'ra. I'd love to read some more fic with them, so if anyone could suggest some good ones? Many fics have the Tok'ra as not-quite-good guys, and I don't like that.

I would prefer gen fic recs, though I do read ship (but not Sam/Jack).

So, if anyone have some great suggestions, I'd be very happy - I'd especially like to read some fics about the early days of the Tok'ra? Like background? Because I don't know much about that at all.

Thanks - and Happy New Year, everyone!

Comment

There are Tok'ra good guys in my fic. Just click any link in my signature to be taken to the story. I'm also working on another story that spins off my main one, centering on the primary Tok'ra character from the main fic.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
          Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I'm also formulating some ideas about writing a Tok'ra/Gao'uld fanfic but I have no idea when I'll actually be able to start writing it. I'm still trying to come up with more of the main characters etc and I haven't really written a story since I can't remember when but in that fateful moment that everything does come together, I will post here and let everyone know about it. Until then I look forward to reading what everyone else posts here.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
              There are Tok'ra good guys in my fic. Just click any link in my signature to be taken to the story. I'm also working on another story that spins off my main one, centering on the primary Tok'ra character from the main fic.
              Thanks, I've actually been reading it, and it is very good I especially liked the scenes at the Tok'ra (Tok'Bel) base, and the teltac flying lesson one

What I am looking for is especially something focused on the Tok'ra and their background - preferably with the Tok'ra as the main characters, and not necessarily anyone from Earth in the story.

If anyone could recommend a story about the background of Jolinar, Lantash, or Malek - or especially Egeria and how she started the Tok'ra - then that would be great! Also fic that takes place on a Tok'ra base, or perhaps during their undercover missions. Something like that Yeah, I am being difficult

Comment

Originally posted by dannysgirl View Post
                Thanks, I've actually been reading it, and it is very good I especially liked the scenes at the Tok'ra (Tok'Bel) base, and the teltac flying lesson one

What I am looking for is especially something focused on the Tok'ra and their background - preferably with the Tok'ra as the main characters, and not necessarily anyone from Earth in the story.

If anyone could recommend a story about the background of Jolinar, Lantash, or Malek - or especially Egeria and how she started the Tok'ra - then that would be great! Also fic that takes place on a Tok'ra base, or perhaps during their undercover missions. Something like that Yeah, I am being difficult
                Glad to hear you're enjoying ATWLB! There will be even more Tok'ra material in it as the story progresses. In fact, I'm currently working on an upcoming chapter in which we will see several familiar Tok'ra characters.

You might enjoy Sabar's Tale if you're interested in a very Tok'ra-centric story. It tells of the life and times of my primary Tok'ra character from ATWLB during the two or three centuries leading up to his first appearance in ATWLB, with possible flashbacks to even earlier in his life and his own observations of historical events among the Tok'ra that we were made aware of in the show itself. No one from Earth will appear in it until very late in the story, because it begins long before the formation of the SGC. I apologize for not having updated it beyond the first chapter yet, but only because Real Life has been extremely crazy lately. I'm working on it, and there are small references in ATWLB to events from Sabar's Tale.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor

Comment

not sure why the blank post but i was asking for help with Tok'ra names
                    sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor

Comment

Originally posted by USS Thor View Post
                      I guess you could use a translator or make up some names. I remember that Anise meant "Noble Strength" but I'm not sure Anise is an actual translation of a word or just something that's made up. I say pick an exotic language maybe and if the word describes the character name him/her after it, that is if you like the translation of the word.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by USS Thor View Post
                          Maybe use name lists from various cultures? Like Chinese/Arabic/Egyptian/Greek... names? I have seen lists with them online, as well as their meanings.

(I am being told this is a duplicate of my previous mail about which fanfic I would like to read, and so am not allowed to post?)

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                            Glad to hear you're enjoying ATWLB! There will be even more Tok'ra material in it as the story progresses. In fact, I'm currently working on an upcoming chapter in which we will see several familiar Tok'ra characters.

You might enjoy Sabar's Tale if you're interested in a very Tok'ra-centric story. It tells of the life and times of my primary Tok'ra character from ATWLB during the two or three centuries leading up to his first appearance in ATWLB, with possible flashbacks to even earlier in his life and his own observations of historical events among the Tok'ra that we were made aware of in the show itself. No one from Earth will appear in it until very late in the story, because it begins long before the formation of the SGC. I apologize for not having updated it beyond the first chapter yet, but only because Real Life has been extremely crazy lately. I'm working on it, and there are small references in ATWLB to events from Sabar's Tale.
                            Um, not sure why my previous answer to this was an empty post? I see people complaining about this many places - why are there so many empty posts, suddenly?

Oh, well, I'll try to remember what I wrote:

I read "Sabar's Tale" and found it very interesting to read this glimpse into the life of an undercover Tok'ra operative. Definitely looking forward to the next chapter!

I am still looking for more fics about backgrounds for Tok'ra characters - especially canon characters. Can it really be the case that no others at all have written any of these?
                            I'd like to read about:
                            -backgrounds for canon Tok'ra (or OC Tok'ra).
                            -why someone became Tok'ra (both symbiotes changing allegiance to Tok'ra and hosts choosing to become hosts)
                            -the Tok'ra before they met the Tau'ri
                            -how/why did Egeria found the Tok'ra
                            -daily life for a Tok'ra, both in the tunnels, and on missions, undercover at the Goa'uld, ...

Comment

Well, Roeskva has some fic that might be up your alley. She archives it both at FF.net and at Symbiotica. In fact, Symbiotica is probably full of stuff you'd enjoy.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                              Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

I agree with SF_and_Coffee, Symbiotica is the place to go for lots of Tok'ra fic, especially if you are looking for fic that are more focused on the Tok'ra than just on SG-1. There are fairly many pre-SG-1 fics there, as well as general background, Tok'ra history, and some Tok'ra daily life. I would suggest these:

Alive by Roeskva [PG-13]
                                Written for the 2009 Stargate Rare Pairings Ficathon on Livejournal. Prompt: Jolinar/Martouf: Not dead yet. When Martouf and Lantash return from a short mission, they learn their mates have been found, having escaped from the inescapable prison, Netu.
                                Categories: Drama, Angst;
                                Characters: Jolinar/Rosha, Martouf/Lantash;

Balancing the Books by Ololon [PG]
                                In response to the 2007 Tok’ra Resistance Fic Challenge: "In Allegiance, Malek says he owes Bra'tac his life and hopes one day to repay that debt. How does he do that?" Malek is undercover on a Goa'uld-controlled world when he learns that Bra'tac is being held prisoner there. Can he help the Jaffa without blowing his cover?
                                Categories: Action/Adventure;
                                Characters: Malek, Other;

Blending by Mayetra [PG-13]
                                What will happen when Malek's beloved gets a new host - a young girl from a culture who considers all symbiotes damned?
                                Categories: Angst;
                                Characters: Delek, Malek, Original, Other;

Changes by Roeskva [PG-13]
                                SG-1 and the Tok'ra examine some ruins and comes across something which may change their lives.
                                Categories: Action/Adventure, Drama;
                                Characters: Aldwin, Anise/Freya, Daniel Jackson, Jack O'Neill, Jacob/Selmak, Martouf/Lantash, Other, Samantha Carter, Teal'c;

Compromised by ivanolix [PG-13] Very long
                                The Compromised Trilogy. Sam, Jolinar, Daniel, and SG-1 mainly, but also Sha're, Martouf/Lantash, Hammond, Garshaw, Jacob Carter, Selmak, Vala, Jean Miller, and a few dozen or so more minor characters (both canon and OCs).
                                Pairings: This is 95% gen, but brief attention is paid to canon marriages.
                                Sam and Jolinar escape the ashrak, but leave the SGC in a lurch and themselves with all the cards stacked against them in a hostile galaxy. Gen. AU off In the Line of Duty. Sam and team centric.
                                Categories: Action/Adventure, Drama, Other;
                                Characters: Anise/Freya, Daniel Jackson, Garshaw/Yosuf, General Hammond, Jack O'Neill, Jacob/Selmak, Janet Fraiser, Jolinar/Rosha, Malek, Martouf/Lantash, Original, Other, Samantha Carter, Shau'ri, Teal'c;

Early Beginnings by Roeskva [PG-13]
                                Originally there were no Tok'ra, and all symbiotes were Goa'uld. Why did some of them change and how did this change come to be?
                                Categories: Drama;
                                Characters: Egeria, Jolinar/Rosha;

Egeria's Legacy by Makenna [G]
                                The story of some of Egeria's children who are hidden from the rest.
                                Categories: Drama;
                                Characters: Original;

Malek's Story by Pagan Twylight [NC-17] (Link to author's page: http://tokra.fandomnet.com/viewuser.php?uid=11)
                                Story Summary: Malek meets Gwennetha, a Furling Warrior, and he and Devlin are very attracted to her. However, she is the granddaughter of Artereos of Cadwaellon, the leader of the Furlings and a formidable Warrior. They wonder if it is wise to become involved with her. This is the story of their romance and it takes place during the last part of Blood of My Heart. It starts when Malek goes to Avilion to support Lantash and Martouf through the Sevesh Lok Twin, so many of the events are the same, but they are seen from Malek's viewpoint. It also leads up to the beginning of the next Book, Daughters of the Queen. It is not necessary to read Malek's Story to understand Daughters of the Queen as Blood of My Heart also leads into it. However, there are things in Malek's story that were not in Blood of My Heart.
                                Characters: Malek/Devlin, Gwennetha, Sam, Lantash/Martouf, Daniel, Kataya, Merdwin, Artereos, Jack, Teal'c, Garshaw, Jacob/Selmak, Jocasta/Daur'rin, Taesha, Lanwin Janet
                                Categories: Adult, Angst, Romance, Drama, Other; Characters: Daniel Jackson, Garshaw/Yosuf, Jack O'Neill, Jacob/Selmak, Janet Fraiser, Malek, Martouf/Lantash,
                                sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Working...
                                X