• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no rules against that at all
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm looking for fanfics set in the Ancient's time, I prefer longer stories with good plots.

Thanksies! :3

Comment

Then, if I may, I recommend Burn it All Away.

Chapter 1
        Chapter 2
        Chapter 3
        Chapter 4
        Chapter 5
        Chapter 6
        Chapter 7
        Chapter 8
        Chapter 9
        Chapter 10
        Chapter 10
        Chapter 11

That should be all of them and that should be in order.

Is a summary necessary?
        Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
          That should be all of them and that should be in order.

Is a summary necessary?
          Actually, only one link is necessary, and it should go to the first chapter. A summary is most definitely necessary, because otherwise how are we to know what the story is about, and why we might want to read it? Basically, what readers are generally curious about are the following things:

What series does your fic pertain to? Is it SG-1, Atlantis, SGU? What season within the series? Also, if applicable, what episode or episodes does it follow from or draw on? If it doesn't map directly to a particular season of its series, then can you tell us at least roughly when it falls in the SG timeline? Also, we'll want to know what characters are involved that we'll recognize from the show (this can be as simple as saying "the SG-1 team, circa season 6" or something like that). If a particular canon character is your focus, tell us that, too, as well as whether there are any relationship pairings.

Then there are the other elements of your story. Is this an adventure? An angsty tale of introspection, or possibly hurt/comfort? Is there romance? Does any of the story involve non-human characters such as Wraith or Tok'ra? Are they central characters, possibly even the main character? Who is your POV character, if there is one? (Sometimes there isn't just one, and that's okay, too.)

Finally, give us a brief synopsis or teaser to tell us what your story is about. Think of the blurb you might read on the back of the book, if your story were a paperback novel. That's what often moves a reader to choose a particular book, and it's really no different in fanfic. In fact, most of the other information can be distilled down into this "blurb". The more information we have, the more reasons a particular reader might be drawn to your story, but remember that the more interesting you can make your blurb, the better chance you have of drawing readers in whose attention you have initially gotten with your mention of "there are Wraith in this story" or "the story revolves around [insert character here]".

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
          Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
          sigpic
          now also appearing on DeviantArt
          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

It's Complicated by LAIsobel.

Deals with the aftermath of In the Line of Duty, and it's effects on Sam (and to an extent, on Jack). Also involves Janet and Cassie. Haven't really read anything like it before, and I quite enjoyed it!
            My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
              Actually, only one link is necessary, and it should go to the first chapter. A summary is most definitely necessary, because otherwise how are we to know what the story is about, and why we might want to read it?
              This is what I get for posting while still feverish.

Profuse apologies everyone.

The first chapter is here, links to the next chapter are at the bottom.

This takes place after the series finale of Atlantis with Daniel showing up.

Todd has been stubborn since Atlantis landed on earth. Genuinely interested in learning about wraith culture, Daniel manages to get Todd to talk and befriends the wraith. John thinks this is dangerous and that Todd is just up to something. When Todd admits he's hiding information, SGC agrees with John and wants to force Todd to tell them what he's hiding or admit he's lying and sends John, Rodney, Daniel, and Todd back to the Pegasus Galaxy, where he shows them a large civilization of humans who have managed to enslave the wraith.

This is a drama with introspection and several violent elements, noncanon ideas about the wraith and the Pegasus galaxy, and a few crude jokes. There is no romance or shipping, though John does try to seduce a woman.

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Easily my favourite fanfic in existance, and one of the very best SG fics around, Stargate Ragnrok deserves multiple reads. Sealurk is a genious http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1687135/Sealurk

Have a read, and if u agree with me on it's quality, drop me a line, as I genuinely think it's good enough to send to MGM, and he is willing to if enough people like his fic
                sigpic
                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Sealurk is doing beta work for me, and yet I am remiss in reading this one. So as soon as I reach a point of taking a breather, I intend to do so. What material of his I have read does indeed indicate genius.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                  Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
                  Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I'm lazy today so what does SeaLurk write?
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Perhaps the best way to answer that question is simply to refer you to his page on FF.net, where you'll find a list of his stories, complete with descriptions.

Enjoy!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                      Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Yes, so much for being lazy...

Not interested in SG1 for the time being...
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Well, his tales aren't SG-1, so enjoy
                          sigpic
                          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Stewart5 View Post
                            Well, his tales aren't SG-1, so enjoy
                            What are they, then? SGA or SGU? Or something different entirely?

Comment

He explains it all on the page I linked. Snippet from the description:
                              I write stories set in the SG-1 universe, but rarely featuring the SG-1 team (though one or more of them may make a "cameo" every now and then), and I generally look for an aspect or angle that would hopefully add more depth and breadth to the universe as a whole - basically Stargate Expanded Universe stories. Most are generally standalone, but some tie in directly to episodes of the series, serving as prequels, sequels or sidequels. I'm looking to do more Atlantis stuff, but that's a way off yet.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                              Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Yes, so much for being lazy...

Not interested in SG1 for the time being...
                                Perhaps it would help if we knew which series you ARE interested in? Much easier to make recs if you know that someone ONLY wants to read, say, SGU fanfic, for example.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                                Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X