This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGAFirenity View Post
    These are the two Fanfics I have written for Stargate Atlanits. Both of them are John/Teyla fanfics.

Conversion One-Shot - This is my first time writing John/Teyla so be nice. It's a run-off of something Joe Flanigan said in the commentary for the episode. In a take he said "I'm sorry". I thought it would make a good one-shot.

I Thought I Had Lost You - Second John/Teyla fanfic. The beginning is a little sad because the team loses a team member but it eventually gets better. And there is even an underlying element that no one has caught onto yet.
    I read the first one when it came out. I've seen the second one and been considering taking a look.

Honestly John/Teyla aren't my favored pairing... but since you asked nicely (Shameless self-promotion aside) i'll give the second one a shot (probably tomorrow.) but don't expect too much as J/T isn't my preferred flavor)

i think after mid Season 3 it's pretty much assumed they'll never get together. I personally think Teyla started seeing Kanaan after Common Ground.

Admittedly i didn't like the first one too much, but i know many J/T fans would like it. I'm with the director on this one

Comment

Garrown5th and my Dad are collaborating on Stargate Atlantis -Allies, it is a fabulous story, a must read.

Comment

XSGCOM: Mirror Image: This is an extremely badass fic that does many of SG-1's adventures justice and gives numerous CMOAs.
        Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn View Post
          XSGCOM: Mirror Image: This is an extremely badass fic that does many of SG-1's adventures justice and gives numerous CMOAs.
          I tried reading that once and got about as far as when the X-Com guy with the remote control tank says something along hte lines of "Those SGC pansies don't know jack about fighting" or something or other, pretty sure it was verbose and crude.

i loved X-com, but tis difficult for me to reconcile these two fandoms. Terror from the Deep was one of the first games i played as a kid and i've got some awesome (and disturbing) memories of it

i might give it another try, but i'm not going in with high expectations
          Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
          Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
          Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn View Post
            The version of the Fic on TtH is better than that one (link on my sig)

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
            I tried reading that once and got about as far as when the X-Com guy with the remote control tank says something along hte lines of "Those SGC pansies don't know jack about fighting" or something or other, pretty sure it was verbose and crude.

i loved X-com, but tis difficult for me to reconcile these two fandoms. Terror from the Deep was one of the first games i played as a kid and i've got some awesome (and disturbing) memories of it

i might give it another try, but i'm not going in with high expectations
            Don't judge the Fic on the initial impressions X-COM and the SGC have of each other, they have different strengths and weaknesses which become apparent as the story continues. It's supposed to be a culture clash, X-COM never had to do diplomacy or peaceful exploration and their casualty rates and experiences have warped them.

The author's notes actually explain a lot, in the TtH version of the Fic they also contain hyperlinks to provide further information.

Oh and the two canon's merge really well!
            XSGCOM: Goa'uld Defence - A Stargate/X-COM Crossover Fanfic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hotpoint View Post
              The version of the Fic on TtH is better than that one (link on my sig)

Don't judge the Fic on the initial impressions X-COM and the SGC have of each other, they have different strengths and weaknesses which become apparent as the story continues. It's supposed to be a culture clash, X-COM never had to do diplomacy or peaceful exploration and their casualty rates and experiences have warped them.

The author's notes actually explain a lot, in the TtH version of the Fic they also contain hyperlinks to provide further information.

Oh and the two canon's merge really well!
              I'll have to give it a go then. I just really didn't like the obtuse introduction of the X-Com forces going cowboy throgh the gate with no regard for their counterparts. It was a serious eyeroll moment for me since hte Jaffa got completely owned by the HWP even thogh those things honestly sucked and were basically giant bullseyes

I never saw X-com soldiers as being anymore elite than the SGC, if anything, X-com is a paramilitary organization without the funding or training of the SGC. Sort of like a defensive riot police. (isn't like 70% of your missions in x-com defending against alien incursion? Only until you get the artifact sites and actually fly to mars do you attack. )

I just loved that you could sell dead alien bodies for 25K what do they DO with all those things?!

I'll give it a read one of these days. What's TtH version though? Link?
              Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Comment

I'll have to give it a go then. I just really didn't like the obtuse introduction of the X-Com forces going cowboy throgh the gate with no regard for their counterparts. It was a serious eyeroll moment for me since hte Jaffa got completely owned by the HWP even thogh those things honestly sucked and were basically giant bullseyes
                Sectoid plasma weapons are a lot more powerful than a staff, you can blow a hole in a wall big enough to walk through remember!

It's a disparity in firepower issue really. The standard Jaffa weapon just can't penetrate the armour of a HWP.

I never saw X-com soldiers as being anymore elite than the SGC, if anything, X-com is a paramilitary organization without the funding or training of the SGC. Sort of like a defensive riot police. (isn't like 70% of your missions in x-com defending against alien incursion? Only until you get the artifact sites and actually fly to mars do you attack. )
                In X-COM canon they're all Special Forces, they just look useless at first because the enemy are so well equipped by comparison.

As for funding they're paid much more than anyone in the US Military and their equipment is much better (and more expensive).

I'll give it a read one of these days. What's TtH version though? Link?
                TtH is "Twisting the Hellmouth" a Crossover Fic site (mainly BtVS/AtS), the direct link to the Fic there is in my signature or just CLICK HERE.
                XSGCOM: Goa'uld Defence - A Stargate/X-COM Crossover Fanfic

sigpic

Comment

does anyone know any good dr. who sg xovers?
                  sigpic

Comment

Admittedly i'm helping in betaing (Really most of what i'm doing is double checking the "Science" and just general feel) but i highly recommend the follwoing fic. (and not just because it's John/Sam)

Some Corner of a Foreign Field.
                    Story in progress. (WIP ALERT)
                    - "If I should die, think only this of me: / That there's some corner of a foreign field / That is forever Earth." Earth is gone and all that is (seemingly) left is Atlantis. Apoca!fic. Post-Season 5. John/Sam.

AU premise: Sam never went back to Earth in season 5. She returned for Baal's extraction ceremony, as well as General Hammond's funeral, but remained in command of Atlantis. The superhive never picked up the message containing Earth's location in "Enemy at the Gate", and thus that episode never happened. This story begins approximately two months after EATG should have happened, during Christmas. Established John/Sam relationship.

Story banner can be found here.
                    Chapter covers: ONE - TWO - THREE

THIS IS WIP. Neela updates once every week or other week, it's a very good Apocafic though so you might want to keep an eye on it

Comment

Ok so I'm biased, but I just read my Dad's story for the 1st time, awesome, SG1 The Captives, a good ripping yarn so far

wonderful sig by my little sister Mel, kind of reminds me of the missus and me

Comment

Originally posted by benoz777 View Post
                        Ok so I'm biased, but I just read my Dad's story for the 1st time, awesome, SG1 The Captives, a good ripping yarn so far
                        And a link?
                        Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Catching up on overdue tasks. I've updated and uploaded more zipped fic on my fic page. This is fic that has been compiled from various sources and put together into single docs.

Use it, don't, it's your choice. I'm posting here 'cause I only read shippy fic, so...it's shippy.

Got to my Compiled Fanfic Page. The page also includes compiled fic from a contributor, our own cdm. Her stuff is clearly identified. There's some great Geocities stuff in her zipped file, which is wonderful since we lost so many sites when Geocities died.

I'll be crossposting this to the ff threads, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                            Catching up on overdue tasks. I've updated and uploaded more zipped fic on my fic page. This is fic that has been compiled from various sources and put together into single docs.

Use it, don't, it's your choice. I'm posting here 'cause I only read shippy fic, so...it's shippy.

Got to my Compiled Fanfic Page. The page also includes compiled fic from a contributor, our own cdm. Her stuff is clearly identified. There's some great Geocities stuff in her zipped file, which is wonderful since we lost so many sites when Geocities died.

I'll be crossposting this to the ff threads, too.
                            I'm gonna guess that it's Sam/Jack fic. God i wish there were 130 megs worth of Sam/John fic i searched and searched... and found maybe 20-30 stories of varying "quality: (I put quality in qoutations since the majority were angsty smut stuff )

Comment

I'm gonna guess that it's Sam/Jack fic. God i wish there were 130 megs worth of Sam/John fic i searched and searched... and found maybe 20-30 stories of varying "quality: (I put quality in qoutations since the majority were angsty smut stuff )
                              Oh yeah. It is. Sorry 'bout that, should have said something.

Comment

does anyone recommend any ancient centric fan fictions like during the height of their civilization not ascension (aside from aerki's work)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X