Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last WIP I ever read was this marvelous co-written ship fic that had Sam married to Daniel, stranded off-world with rogue Makepeace and his team and pretending she had amnesia, coming back to Earth to find that Daniel wanted a divorce and some serious UST between her and Jack.

The writing process was truly unique and made it just a wonderful reading experience.

But it wasn't finished at the time(Boo! Hiss! and the reason why I never read WIPs) and, long story about computer crashes short, I lost everything; the author's names, the fic title and the link, everything.

Anyone know this fic and whether or not it was finished?

BTW, we're talking ancient history, here, as in, written towards the end of the last millenium.
    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Hello,

I want to recommend a fic - Well, "recommend" is maybe the wrong word. It's self-written and I don't know whether it's good. It's just a drabble, but it's the first english fic I posted anywhere so I'd love to get reviews.

It's Slash (McShep), PG
      here

Comment

Plugging my own fics, here, but...

If anyone's interested in reading a story with Grodin and Bates as the main characters, come read my fic 'A Problem Shared'. It's set just after 'Hide and Seek', a pretty long one-shot. I just thought that, if Sheppard and McKay can become friends, why shouldn't there be another military/scientist pair? This story explores the beginning of that friendship.

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2923482/1/
        *gasp* There are words here!

Is a proud member of the fanfiction-writing community. Want to read my stories? No problem. You can find my ff.net profile here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/829584/

I warn you though, I tend to focus a lot on minor characters. Especially Grodin. Don't ask; it's like the end of 'the Seige part 1' spurred a rise in the plot-bunny population, and most of them decided to jump on me.

Comment

Hey there all! i am having major boredom problems, i have ran out of fic to read it seems! does anyone have any recs at all?
          The criteria that i am trying to match is
          Sam/Jack (ofcourse)
          Rather long but not drawn out
          UST and a bit of angst
          THey get together by the end but not in the first half (its all about that moment when they get together!)
          Doesnt matter about the rating
          HAS to have a good story line
          Lets see what i can get with that first shall we? lol
          if anyone can help i will be eternally greatful, problem is i bet that most recs i may have already read but lets see shall we?
          Bex

Live for today, for one day there will not be a tomorrow

Help me get to film school

One Year, £8000 to raise. Just what will i do to raise it?

Comment

For people who like crossovers, there are a couple of Buffy-Stargate authors at tthfanfic.com I strongly recommend. One is lyapunov, especially her story "The Magic of Wormholes" -- long, well-written, good on both characters and plot, and extemely satisfying! The other, for people who like humor, is booster -- LOL funny.

I post there too, and have one short baby ficlet, practically a drabble, that's Sam & Jack ship -- "Special Occasions." I have a long Buffy and Jack story going also, "A Change in the Weather," but people impatient with WIPs beware: I update infrequently and may not actually get the dang thing finished until the sun begins to cool...

Comment

ZUZ, Doc's stories are in the SG1 Novel Archive - you can find the link in the Jackfic link page. Does anyone know if Jaguar's stories are posted anywhere?

Comment

Gotta recommend Sholio's awesome Running on Empty which is nearly complete now (only the epilogue to go). It's an awesome Atlantis fic featuring Sheppard and McKay with adventure and whumpage, excellent characterisation, amazingly descriptive writing and a brilliant plot that has you totally gripped! It's one of the best stories I have read in a long time.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nacogdoches
                  ZUZ, Doc's stories are in the SG1 Novel Archive - you can find the link in the Jackfic link page. Does anyone know if Jaguar's stories are posted anywhere?
                  i think jaguar's stories were all taken down and are gone, unless someone has a copy on thier HD.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Really obscure request. Daria Voronkova (or Voronokova or Vorankova, I'm going with the GW omnipedia spelling) from Full Alert is one of my favourite characters. Has anyone got any fic about her?
                    Also (shameless plug) Secondary Women of Atlantis (and sometimes SG1) is devoted to guest characters like Heightmeyer, Novak and Allina. We already have some fic there but I'd love to see more, so any fic writers who enjoy writing about the 'forgotten women' please drop in and share.

Comment

Highly recommend this piece of SGA fiction (it’s complete, also on ff.net)

http://kodiak-bear.livejournal.com/53379.html#cutid1

(shamelessly stealing description from LJ)

Title: It’s Always Autumn in the Old Trees of Despair
                      Author: Kodiak bear
                      Rating: M
                      Category: Drama
                      Word Count: 65,000 +
                      Warnings: This fic is dark, and the rating above should be taken seriously. While there is no non-con sexual situations, there is torture and disturbing content, so please take the warning seriously and if it is not your thing, you might want to pass on reading this story.
                      Summary: A trade agreement goes wrong. Sheppard is separated from his team, forced to live a life foreign and dangerous, while the rest of the team and Carson Beckett must cope with the events.
                      AN: This is a long fic, written for my friend Mandy who requested a dark fic wherein Sheppard is isolated, tortured, while his team begins to believe the worst in him. I know my vision is probably not what she had, but hopefully at the end, I will have achieved something just as good! Thanks to Shelly and Linzi for keeping me going on this fic!

Comment

Hey, everybody! I don't read that much fic, but I thought I'd post on of my favorite author's site anyway. I'm sure other people have already posted it, but I thought I'd do it just in case.

dietcokechic's fanfiction

The Barista Series is her most famous work and she's won some fanfic awards for it. She's currently writing a series called The Assistant Series which is about the same character as the Barista Series and takes place afterward. The character's name is Kira and she works at a coffee shop in Colarado Springs (bet you can't guess how she meets Daniel ). They are very cute and mostly light-hearted stories, but have some angst and H/C as well (not to mention the Kira has a crush on Daniel ). I enjoyed (and am still enjoying) them a lot.

Well, there you go.
                        Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

I am shamelessly going to plug some of my work. It's a Stargate SG1 fic.
                          Apart from a faithful few no one much is reviewing.
                          So please read and review. I love feedback whether it is negative or positive. I just want to know what people honestly think of my work.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2929523/1/

Comment

I'm going to do a shameless plug, too. I'm working on an Atlantis series called The Black Notebook, and I haven't been getting an awful lot of feedback on it. I'm really excited about it, and I'd like to know what people think.

There are six parts so far, and they can all be found here: http://www.fanfiction.net/~celticknot.

Basically, it's Sheppard's journal, in which he writes about things he doesn't feel he can talk about. Some stories are episode-based, and some I made up out of whole cloth.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

I'm always looking for good fics about weir/sheppard - sorry hopeless sparky fan . I seem to have read most of the new ones on fanfiction.net and I really am getting desperate for some new reading material. any recommendations (criteria: no nc-17 and if possible longer fics)?
                              and are there any fics about the 3rd season yet? didn't see any on fanfiction.net until now.
                              hope someone can help me!
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Cailliath - Thanks! And thanks to Leelakin for making the Clubcards!

+ = Squee!!!

Comment

Hi
                                I posted a fanfic called SNAFU (Jack/Sam ship)...I'd really appreciate comments.
                                Thanks
                                Hatchepsut
                                you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water

Comment

Working...
                                X