No announcement yet.

Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, the formatting does tend to be wonky that way. But it generally doesn't take that long to clean up. Here are the steps I use (for Word):

1. Cut and paste.
    2. Do a search and replace for a manual line break (in the special character selection of the search/replace box) and convert to a paragraph mark (^p)
    3. Do another search and replace for a double paragraph mark to a single (^p^p to ^p)
    4. Select all - under font formatting change the font type, colour and size to what I want.
    5. Still with all selected - under paragraph formating change the justification to full, change the paragraph spacing to 0 pts before and 6 pts after (sometimes 3 depending on my mood) so the paragraphs are now a decent space apart.

And you're done! (Added bonus - if you set the font to Times New Roman 12 co-workers now think you're looking at something work related.). No doubt someone more patient than me could program all of those steps into a macro, but the steps are so routine to me now it doesn't take long.

Edit: Or as RoX (hi RoX!!) pointed out other people have already taken the time to write programs to clean stuff up. I should download one of those...
    sigpic
    Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Hi guys, I'm looking for a fanfiction, in which sam gets promoted and becomes a general. Other than that i only remember that the fic was pretty long and i think it was on FanFiction.net... And it was a S/J story...
      If this sounds familiar in any way, please help me,
      Thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by yaelchen View Post
        Hi guys, I'm looking for a fanfiction, in which sam gets promoted and becomes a general. Other than that i only remember that the fic was pretty long and i think it was on FanFiction.net... And it was a S/J story...
        If this sounds familiar in any way, please help me,
        Thanks a lot
        There is a WIP story on ff.net titled "Wife, Mother and Commander" or something like that, which is very long, and still ongoing. But it deals with Sam trying to balance being a Commander (a General, I believe), as well as being a wife and mother (two children). Might not be the one you're looking for though.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          There is a WIP story on ff.net titled "Wife, Mother and Commander" or something like that, which is very long, and still ongoing. But it deals with Sam trying to balance being a Commander (a General, I believe), as well as being a wife and mother (two children). Might not be the one you're looking for though.
          Wife, Mother, Master and Commander

Which is part 4. Part 1 starts off between Seasons 8 and 9 is called Make Believe. Part 2 is In Love and War. Part 3 is Family.
          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Buc252 - you may have seen this already but AnneRB has posted Stokholm Syndrome over on FF.net.
            sigpic
            Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Hi Guys,
              I really hope you can help me. I'm looking for a fic I read years ago. I can't remember the title or the name of the author, but I remember that Sam and Jack met at Cassie's birthday. Sam is hiding on the roof of Janets house and she's singing "The song that never ends". Does this ring any bells?
              sigpic

Comment

Fic rec - Jack is injured here on earth, and Sam is there to help out. Angsty cute fluff:

Big Deal by Julimond

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  Fic rec - Jack is injured here on earth, and Sam is there to help out. Angsty cute fluff:

Big Deal by Julimond
                  I'll second this, lovely bit of work.
                  Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

A great new little story

And Then There Was Cake by Vinividivinci

K+ Jack has a new woman in his life. Will Daniel and Teal'c be happy? Will Sam be sad? Will there be cake?

Her other stories are great as well if you haven't read them

Enjoy!
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Distinguished Service Medal

sig by me

Comment

I could recommend any of Suz's fics at any given day, but seeing as I've just rewatched 'Point of view' I figured I'd rec this one today

Teal'c and Daniel discuss Sam and Jack and alternate realities

Something to discuss

Comment

It's time for Halloween-themed stories...

Witches Brew by Aeryn is on Helio 2 Rated Very Very Mature
                        Here's link to Helio main archive with Gen stories. Click on Helio 2 and find author Aeryn.
                        http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/archive/
                        Last edited by nell; 10 October 2010, 04:49 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Because I'm not the only one who smiles everytime they see 'O'Neill' merchandise....

Time Enough for Countin’ When the Dealin’s Done

Comment

Great rec Kate...

from that same author:

http://community.livejournal.com/zin...13.html#cutid1

More of a Sam during Continuum story and just the barest hint of S/J. But worth it

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                              Because I'm not the only one who smiles everytime they see 'O'Neill' merchandise....

Time Enough for Countin’ When the Dealin’s Done
                              *cough*. Um, yeah. So, the only surf wear I buy for when I'm out rowing is, ah "O'Neill." lol. Thanks for the rec
                              Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Oh I liked that one too! Quite different to other Continuum fics I thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X