Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
    Cute and funny fic: A Hostage Crisis

Sam and Jack get forced to spend the night on a planet. Full of misunderstandings. S/J Est.
    Oh, this was terrific fun. Thanks for the rec.
    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Very funny! Thanks for the link!
      sigpic

Comment

Sam and Jack get forced to spend the night on a planet. Full of misunderstandings. S/J Est.
        ROTFL! OMG, that was hysterical and ended FAR too soon.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
          Down Here Among the Wreckage is so good.

I've managed, until today, to keep from reading it because it's a WIP. :: cries ::

I'm almost on the verge of re-reading just because I adore it so much. I re-read the DC series last week.

The wait until it's finished is torture, tho'.
          sigpic

Comment

Humorous story, team night, watching the "Princess Bride" at Jack's house:

As You Wish by The Kerl

Comment

Yay for a Nandamai story!

And for more hostage fun, I'd also suggest AnneRB's (the promotion continues) Stockholm Syndrome (G, Gen, Humor, Jack/Sam Friendship. Jack and Sam get captured by the worst bad guys ever.)
              sigpic
              Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1 View Post

And for more hostage fun, I'd also suggest AnneRB's (the promotion continues) Stockholm Syndrome (G, Gen, Humor, Jack/Sam Friendship. Jack and Sam get captured by the worst bad guys ever.)
                A favorite of mine.
                Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Thank you for all the fic recs - I can't read the apocalyptic ones though. And I find it frustrating when they are WIP's that have taken years to complete -or rather not complete. But still, the reading has been enlightening.
                  If anyone wants an idea for a new fic, I was wondering, what if in the ep Foothold, the team were actually affected by a chemical and what they thought was a foothold situation was in fact a chemical that had poisoned them...and then we have Sam out there away from being treated...so basically it follows the ep storyline but just with the twist that it wasn't aliens. Or has that been done before?
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                    A favorite of mine.
                    She's got some great stuff. Does she write anymore?
                    sigpic

Comment

These stories sound great, but are they posted anywhere besides Live Journal? I've found it's impossible to save LJ fics to a file I can use on my Kindle, which means they're unavailable to me. What ever happened to posting to fanfiction.net?? HATE LJ!
                      - Mary
                      SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                      Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

I think Nanda only posts on LJ. At least that's the only place I've found her fic.

AnneRB has most of her stuff cross-posted on FF.net, but for some reason that story doesn't seem to be there. (Not sure if she'd be willing to upload it to FF.net if you ask her nicely, but it may be worth a shot...)

I don't know anything about Kindle, but can you convert word processing docs into Kindle files? Both of those stories are one chapter so you could do a quick copy/paste of the text.
                        sigpic
                        Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252 View Post
                          These stories sound great, but are they posted anywhere besides Live Journal? I've found it's impossible to save LJ fics to a file I can use on my Kindle, which means they're unavailable to me. What ever happened to posting to fanfiction.net?? HATE LJ!
                          Try Nanda's Lament

Comment

have you tried cutting and pasting the fic into a format your kindle likes?
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think Nanda only posts on LJ. At least that's the only place I've found her fic.

AnneRB has most of her stuff cross-posted on FF.net, but for some reason that story doesn't seem to be there. (Not sure if she'd be willing to upload it to FF.net if you ask her nicely, but it may be worth a shot...)

I don't know anything about Kindle, but can you convert word processing docs into Kindle files? Both of those stories are one chapter so you could do a quick copy/paste of the text.
                              Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              have you tried cutting and pasting the fic into a format your kindle likes?
                              Yes, I can convert a pdf or a doc, but when I try to copy and paste from a LJ document, it ends up with weird spacing and super-short lines. Just doesn't work.
                              - Mary
                              SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                              Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252 View Post
                                Yes, I can convert a pdf or a doc, but when I try to copy and paste from a LJ document, it ends up with weird spacing and super-short lines. Just doesn't work.
                                I'm visually impaired and I use this tool called Readability that takes a webpage and formats it nicely for me to read easily. It should make it easier to cut & paste too. Give it a try, there's a short demo video at the top. http://lab.arc90.com/experiments/readability/

<added>
                                if you are using plain text files then this little utility will fix up that odd spacing and short lines for you too. http://sno2.iwarp.com/ebook-faq/documents/textify.html
                                it's Windows based btw
                                Last edited by RealmOfX; 27 September 2010, 06:18 PM. Reason: added formnatting info
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X