Title: Pass Interference

Category: Stargate: SG-1
    Character(s): J. O'Neill & S. Carter

Words: 1,532
    Genre(s): Romance/Humor
    Rating: Rated: T
    Summary: What do patriotic red-blooded Americans do on a lazy Sunday
    afternoon? Watch football, of course. Only Jack's not too sure about Sam's
    favorite team. . . Sam/Jack established. Drabble-fluffy, fluffy drabble.

URL: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6340965/1/
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      here's a cute one

Title: Pass Interference

Category: Stargate: SG-1
      Character(s): J. O'Neill & S. Carter

Words: 1,532
      Genre(s): Romance/Humor
      Rating: Rated: T
      Summary: What do patriotic red-blooded Americans do on a lazy Sunday
      afternoon? Watch football, of course. Only Jack's not too sure about Sam's
      favorite team. . . Sam/Jack established. Drabble-fluffy, fluffy drabble.

URL: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6340965/1/
      You're too sweet. Thanks!
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

I was wondering if anyone knows the name of a fic where Sam is dating Pete but she & Jack are arguing/fighting and one day, Pete is hiding in the bushes and shoots Jack. Sam is obviously distraught and almost incoherent by the time they get Jack to the infirmary - the whole shooting thing happening in the carpark at Cheyenne Mountain - and Sam has to be sedated. She is only slightly wounded but Jack got hit in the shoulder. But I think Sam was going through a rough patch and the shooting kinda forces her to make decisions.
        Does this ring any bells with anyone?? Thank you.
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
          I was wondering if anyone knows the name of a fic where Sam is dating Pete but she & Jack are arguing/fighting and one day, Pete is hiding in the bushes and shoots Jack. Sam is obviously distraught and almost incoherent by the time they get Jack to the infirmary - the whole shooting thing happening in the carpark at Cheyenne Mountain - and Sam has to be sedated. She is only slightly wounded but Jack got hit in the shoulder. But I think Sam was going through a rough patch and the shooting kinda forces her to make decisions.
          Ooh, I hope it rings a bell! I want to read it too!
          Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
            Interesting premise. Though I do wonder how Pete is in character by shooting Jack just because he's having an arguement with Sam.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by nell View Post
              FCOL How did I miss this story? It's dated 2005!

Outside the Lines by Annerb

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2481165/1/Outside_the_Lines

Primarily an awesome Sam story but Sam and Jack implied UST.
              OMG. I missed it too. It was a great story.
              sigpic
              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                Interesting premise. Though I do wonder how Pete is in character by shooting Jack just because he's having an arguement with Sam.
                It's probably one of those stories where Pete is crazy jealous and very out of character. I have a vague recollection of a story where Pete does something similar, but he goes after all the guys on the team, and not just Jack.

Comment

Oh, I can so see "must protect my woman" stalker-Pete doing that if they were spitting at each other (as in fighting, not actually spitting).
                  Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    It's probably one of those stories where Pete is crazy jealous and very out of character. I have a vague recollection of a story where Pete does something similar, but he goes after all the guys on the team, and not just Jack.
                    Originally posted by Pol View Post
                    Oh, I can so see "must protect my woman" stalker-Pete doing that if they were spitting at each other (as in fighting, not actually spitting).
                    I can't see Pete coming after someone with a weapon--but I do see him being a "I'll beat the crap out of you with my bare hands" guy. I can TOTALLY see him taking a swing at Jack--and I'm sure that there are many, many fics out there, I just haven't read any of them. I think that he's a personal-in-your-face kind of man. Shooting someone he's got a beef with would be too impersonal for him, and I think he'd want to go head to head, fist to fist with his enemy. (And yes, I know he's a cop. . .but I think that even more so his position as a cop would make him inured to the gun as a method of "getting back" at someone.)

Wow. That was a ramble.
                    sigpic
                    My Stories AO3

Comment

In the story being searched for, Pete is hiding in the bushes near the SGC parking lot, and shoots Jack. So he's hiding out, being sneaky, spying on Sam (and Jack), and then shoots Jack. My interpretation is that he's very jealous of whatever is going on between Sam and Jack and decides to remove his competition; but only finding the appropriate story will show if that's anything close to accurate. I do agree with those that think he wouldn't resort to anything like this. However, I've read quite a few stories where he's done exactly this kind of thing and worse; but those stories are written by people who really hate Pete and want him to be some kind of monster and use him that way in their stories.

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6326748/1/Coming_to_Terms by Annerb
                        Kerry's POV of the whole "affair"
                        Liked it a lot!
                        One of my favorite Kerries, together with AkamaiMom's one from Passing Time! <3
                        "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                        "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Seems more like a Jonas Hanson attitude than Pete. Pete never seemed like the jealous type - more like the I want to be with you all the damn time and I'm going to follow you like a pathetic puppy dog and nudge you to pat my head.

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                          He seems more passive aggressive to me. I have a hard time with it >.<

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                          I can't see Pete coming after someone with a weapon--but I do see him being a "I'll beat the crap out of you with my bare hands" guy. I can TOTALLY see him taking a swing at Jack--and I'm sure that there are many, many fics out there, I just haven't read any of them. I think that he's a personal-in-your-face kind of man. Shooting someone he's got a beef with would be too impersonal for him, and I think he'd want to go head to head, fist to fist with his enemy. (And yes, I know he's a cop. . .but I think that even more so his position as a cop would make him inured to the gun as a method of "getting back" at someone.)

Wow. That was a ramble.
                          I'm with you on this one. He might throw a punch if he ACTUALLY felt his position with Sam were threatened but... well I've always felt that Pete just didn't "get" Sam. Of course, I also think that Sam didn't give Pete the "real Sam" either.

My own mental canon that I've completely made up is that Pete's stalkerish tendencies come from having been cheated on by his ex-wife (and that she left him for the other man). The result is that he has trust issues which leads to his stalkerish behavior WHICH after soul-searching he realizes was wrong and apologizes to Sam.

He wants picket fence and Sam goes along with it because of her childhood issues (her own identity issues and her inability to voice what she really wants) only to realize one day it's not HIM and Pete walks away.

The end.

Huh.

I should turn that into a fic.

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                            I'm with you on this one. He might throw a punch if he ACTUALLY felt his position with Sam were threatened but... well I've always felt that Pete just didn't "get" Sam. Of course, I also think that Sam didn't give Pete the "real Sam" either.

My own mental canon that I've completely made up is that Pete's stalkerish tendencies come from having been cheated on by his ex-wife (and that she left him for the other man). The result is that he has trust issues which leads to his stalkerish behavior WHICH after soul-searching he realizes was wrong and apologizes to Sam.

He wants picket fence and Sam goes along with it because of her childhood issues (her own identity issues and her inability to voice what she really wants) only to realize one day it's not HIM and Pete walks away.

The end.

Huh.

I should turn that into a fic.
                            First bolded bit: ABSOLUTELY! I think that she was playing a part, not being real. Notice the fake smile that she gives him when she FINALLY accepts his proposal--it's nothing like the ones she gives Jack. And she's just not herself with him. Had she been herself, I think he would have been a little freaked out by her.

Second bolded bit: ABSOLUTELY. Go write. Go. Write. Tippity tap on the Keyboard. Go on. Do it.
                            sigpic
                            My Stories AO3

Comment

You're wondering how Pete is in character? What the heck about Sam?!?!?!?!?!?!?
                              -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                                You're wondering how Pete is in character? What the heck about Sam?!?!?!?!?!?!?
                                Yeah, I remember skimming this fic long ago and stopping at the part where they sedated her. Sam being that hysterical is a little..unbelievable.

Comment

Working...
                                X