Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by es! View Post
    Thanks for fixing the link, but I still can't open the page *headbang*
    Maybe it's a temporary issue. Will try again tomorrow...

Uh, what's the story about AT? Pleeaseee?
    Go to Google, keyword "amanda tapping" and "combat bracelet"
    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

UPDATED APOCAFIC LIST Hey, I just keep running across these...

Here's my list-in-progress of Sam and Jack apocafics. Nearly all are M or R. So you know the drill: not for minors. I can't give a link directly to the story. So, I will give the author's list of stories or the name of the archive and you can find the story. Please add your favorite apocafics to this list.

NEW A Winter's Dream by sjhw_tolerance. Rated Older teen but really nothing more than PG http://sjhw-tolerance.livejournal.com/263798.html Short.

Waves are Universal by openended *rated R Click on "kele_varekai" for list of stories http://community.livejournal.com/kele_varekai/profile Very AU and I liked it. A spunky OC (original character).

The Heart in Conflict by Casper F Joke *rated PG-13 http://officersun524.livejournal.com/29063.htmlVery AU and sad but I liked it.

Gravity Sings by stargazercmc *rated M Link to list of her stories http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1449782/stargazercmc I liked it. There was hope.

Down Here Among the Wreckage by Annerb WIP *rated M Link to her list of stories http://www.fanfiction.net/u/763509/Annerb Work in progress. Blew me away!

The Darkest Place by Sasha Corvyn *rated M Can be found on Sam and Jack Always and Forever archive Very dark. Did I mention very?

Till We Run Out of Road by Hold Out Trout *rated M See list of stories http://www.fanfiction.net/u/751072/HoldoutTrout Desperate times. I liked it.

The Furies by Abby Eddey - Very M and dark see sjalways-forever.jackandsamforever.net/

Compliance by Annerb - Very M see annerbhp.livejournal.com

A good one by Skydiver/denise1: It Ended With A Bang rated K+ http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5756270/...d_With_a_Bang#[/QUOTE]
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        jack's, rda's was a prayer bracelet he got in Tibet
        There's actually two I believe the prayer beeds and then this other one... hmm...
        sigpic
        Stargate Distinguished Service Medal

sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
          YAY! Thank you!

Originally posted by Pol View Post
          Go to Google, keyword "amanda tapping" and "combat bracelet"
          How cool of our SG1 guys to participate in such a tour! *luvs*
          "Are you like, a crazy person?"
          "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by Cort View Post
            There's actually two I believe the prayer beeds and then this other one... hmm...
            You're right... Made me think about my fic in progress...

Still no idea about what I'm looking for? No ?

In that case (I hope this is a good place to start a challenge) :

"Combat bracelet challenge" : write a Sam/Jack story about Sam's combat bracelet!

Comment

The Sarcastic Warrior Legend
              A bittersweet ep add-on for Grace that perfectly sums up Sam and Jack's relationship. Some patented Jack humor included.

There is a reference to Janeway/Chakotay from Voyager, and you'll enjoy that story fully if you have seen the ep Resolutions, but in my humble opinion, you don't have to. It's a 100% S/J ficcie and pure S/Jers will love it too

Comment

A bittersweet ep add-on for Grace that perfectly sums up Sam and Jack's relationship. Some patented Jack humor included.

There is a reference to Janeway/Chakotay from Voyager, and you'll enjoy that story fully if you have seen the ep Resolutions, but in my humble opinion, you don't have to. It's a 100% S/J ficcie and pure S/Jers will love it too
                Nice fic rec. Just wish Sam had pushed through on that resolution immediately!
                No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by nell View Post
                  Waves are Universal by openended *rated R Click on "kele_varekai" for list of stories http://community.livejournal.com/kele_varekai/profile Very AU and I liked it. A spunky OC (original character).
                  Liked it very much, too! Very cool plot, villains, gadgets, and I totally loved the sci-fi component!

Down Here Among the Wreckage by Annerb WIP *rated M Link to her list of stories http://www.fanfiction.net/u/763509/Annerb Work in progress. Blew me away!
                  Ooooh I stopped reading on ch.6 around 3 AM just because my cell phone ran out of juice! The story was a little bit confusing in the beginning but oh so great later on! I'm still far from ch.21 but I do hope it's not a cliff hanger!!
                  I know that many people here know the author. Is she going to finish that fic???? I hope so!

The Darkest Place by Sasha Corvyn *rated M Can be found on Sam and Jack Always and Forever archive Very dark. Did I mention very?
                  Hm, I don't think it was *very* dark. Down Here Among the Wreckage seems way darker to me.
                  I kept hoping that...
                  Spoiler:
                  Sam's "quest" would be to reset but duh, it would be too OOC for Sam in that fic so I understand why the author chose to say good-bye to the characters in the beginning of their way, so to speak. Maybe that's why it appears to be a dark fic. However, I feel really good about it because I am sure things will go better for Jack and Sam.

And without giving anything away, I have to say that I totally loved Daniel bits in the beginning and in the end. I think it's one of the best written Daniels I've ever seen.

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                  Nice fic rec. Just wish Sam had pushed through on that resolution immediately!
                  I'm glad you liked it

Comment

Can anyone help me with downloading fics? Is there the best way to do it? I've tried saving files as txt files but this doesn't keep the format and makes things hard to read. Thanks.

Comment

hi,

stories about sam/jack post sgu
                      pre-sgu
                      post enemy at the gate

post sgu season 1..
                      hope for some new stories maby there are non-english sites

hopefully it's not just fanfiction.net or sj forever..
                      maby some other sites..

Comment

I cut and paste into word. or use this http://www.home-eisele.de/ downloader if it's on ff.net

You can also - although it can be buggy - if you have internet explorer there's a 'save as pdf' function. which works pretty well unless the site is in frames, then it doesn't work so well

often on sites like samandjackforever or heliopolis i call up the printer friendly version and then c/p that. everything is all laid out in an easy to read format
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by roni123 View Post
                          hi,

stories about sam/jack post sgu
                          pre-sgu
                          post enemy at the gate

post sgu season 1..
                          hope for some new stories maby there are non-english sites

hopefully it's not just fanfiction.net or sj forever..
                          maby some other sites..
                          Maybe it would be helpful if we knew what stories you've already read. Most of my fluffy/angsty/whatever Sam/Jack stories are set after Atlantis, and kind of ignore SGU even exists--so they don't really fit that part of your request.

Here is one anyway--try Secretarial Pool and see if that's what you're looking for. Jack's at the Pentagon, and Sam's on the Hammond, and he's missing her. If this is what you're looking for, then there are a bunch of recs I can make. There are some people writing nice stuff that doesn't necessarily take SGU into account.

I hope this helps.
                          sigpic
                          My Stories: FFdotNet
                          My Stories AO3
                          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Thanks for the rec! I enjoyed it but the story was way too short!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                              Can anyone help me with downloading fics? Is there the best way to do it? I've tried saving files as txt files but this doesn't keep the format and makes things hard to read. Thanks.
                              There's an excellent online option, too. http://fanfictionloader.appspot.com/
                              Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                                Maybe it would be helpful if we knew what stories you've already read. Most of my fluffy/angsty/whatever Sam/Jack stories are set after Atlantis, and kind of ignore SGU even exists--so they don't really fit that part of your request.

Here is one anyway--try Secretarial Pool and see if that's what you're looking for. Jack's at the Pentagon, and Sam's on the Hammond, and he's missing her. If this is what you're looking for, then there are a bunch of recs I can make. There are some people writing nice stuff that doesn't necessarily take SGU into account.

I hope this helps.
                                Can't go wrong if Glinda's in fic.
                                No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Working...
                                X