No announcement yet.

Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so excited!!! Nearly a year after jadedfirefly finished her *awesome* fanfic "Do Not Go Gentle", she's finally started posting the sequel "Once the Twilight" on ff.net! *happy dances*

A word of warning, this new story is not finished yet, but I figured I'd link for the people who don't mind following a work in progress.
    sigpic
    The Return of King Arthur
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by nell View Post
      There was another Suz, I think, and her website is no longer active. Correct me if I'm wrong.

She wrote stories like Unhappy Ever After, the Remedied Series, Looking for Nishta in all the Wrong Places and more. Fortunately I have saved some of her stories to Word and regret that I did not do that for all.

Her stories are fun, funny, romantic, some fluff, some angst, and Sam and Jack are in LUV!!!

Some are PG, PG13 and higher. If you're an adult and want me to send an attachment, please PM me.
      Suzvoy and several other authors using the domain www.sjhw.net are currently in limbo. According to the post titled Stop and chat for a while, Suz and the other authors will have to make a decision on renewal of the domain.

But all is NOT lost!! Suzvoy still has some fics up at suzvoy.com
      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

i doubt sjhw.net will be back. not to say never, but it costs a couple of hundred dollars a year, which some folks are having issues scraping up at the moment. Especially when there are free fic archives out there, the fic might just be moved or might already exist elsewhere which kinda eliminates the need for the site
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

iiradned and Skydiver, Thanks for the links to finding Suzvoy's stories!!! So, everyone can go to your fanfic links instead of PMing me for the stories.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            yeah, i have a bad habit of collecting
            it's called hoarding

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
              it's called hoarding
              Methinks there are a lot of us who do that.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                I'm so excited!!! Nearly a year after jadedfirefly finished her *awesome* fanfic "Do Not Go Gentle", she's finally started posting the sequel "Once the Twilight" on ff.net! *happy dances*

A word of warning, this new story is not finished yet, but I figured I'd link for the people who don't mind following a work in progress.

Great writer. Hopefully, she'll finish the sequel fast-like
                sigpic
                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  Methinks there are a lot of us who do that.
                  it's called 'not being a victim to the vagarities of the internet' and all those that lose fic when they lose bookmarks or when sites go down

actually, it was a habit i started back when i only had internet at work, so i'd download a lot of fic at work and bring it home to read. then just kept up the habit once i got net at home

sigpic

Comment

Humourous fic rec, post-Window of Opportunity:

What else did Jack do during those loops?

Fruit Loops and Pudding

Comment

it's called 'not being a victim to the vagarities of the internet' and all those that lose fic when they lose bookmarks or when sites go down
                      *coughs/chokes* that would be me. I'm not in a habit of actually downloading or copy/pasting stories to keep...I just bookmark them for later...and yes, I have lost a lot of fics when my computer had a major meltdown...am still looking for fics I lost.
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I don't save stories either. I bookmark them... I think I should start hoarding. I've lost too many too. I lost some of my own this way, back when I was writing Voyager fics.. lol

Comment

what i need to do is sort through them and eliminate some of the duplilcates. And I know i have to have some.

I just lack the time and inclination cause it'd be a monumental task.

way back when, I used to print out the really good fic and put them into binders but I stopped doing that. Lack of room not to mention the stupidity of killing so many trees. I need to go through it again and weed some out. I do have printouts of all of my fic, but that's still a ton. I've written over 360 stories, from 1-300+ pages, so a lot of the binders in the closet are of my own fic. And others are of the feedback I've received.

Back to hoarding fic though, I have gone through the novel archive once or twice and saved every single fic that i'd either read or thought I'd ever read. And the fanficdownloader software makes it easy to save from ff.net now, instead of cutting and pasting every chapter.

sigpic

Comment

I didnt even realize they have a fanficdownloader on ff.net.
                            That's just going to make life so much easier....

Comment

the site doesn't have one, but one exists
                              http://www.home-eisele.de/downloader_e.php

you just c/p the url of the story or a chapter of it into the box, follow the prompts, and you can download the fic without dealing with the ads, etc, on ff.net

sigpic

Comment

the site doesn't have one, but one exists
                                http://www.home-eisele.de/downloader_e.php

you just c/p the url of the story or a chapter of it into the box, follow the prompts, and you can download the fic without dealing with the ads, etc, on ff.net
                                Oooh that's awesome. Thank you! Gonna make life so much better now lol. I can carry fic with me everywhere.

Actually, mght not be a great idea....

Comment

Working...
                                X