Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
    Yes, ff.net has frakked with its page coding, it wasn't this way yesterday.

Raimond (the program's author) will have to update the program.
    Thanks for sharing this with us! Here's hoping we get this righted...soon!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
      Try this http://fanfictionloader.appspot.com/, it's web-based so you can pull down fic anywhere!

I love it. And it's perfect for Mac users.
      Does this program allow for downloading from sjalways-forever and samandjack.net?

Comment

What's samandjack.net? Is that another archive? **hurries off to go see**

What's the benefit of archiving work in several different sites?
        sigpic
        My Stories: FFdotNet
        My Stories AO3
        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          Does this program allow for downloading from sjalways-forever and samandjack.net?
          If it's true...SQUEEeeeeeee
          sigpic

Comment

the more sites your fic is on, the more people that might see it

i gotta wonder if it's an accident or if ff.net messed with things on purpose just to thwart those of us that download fic and don't page through all their ads
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hot off the press, um, post, um website...

Annerb's A Rush of Blood to the Head

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6045764/...od_to_the_Head

AkamaiMom's chapter 17 Taken

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5905358/17/Taken
              sigpic

Comment

the more sites your fic is on, the more people that might see it
                Are there really that many people that don't read on FF.net? That one seems to have a huge readership. . .
                sigpic
                My Stories AO3

Comment

As for me, I go to FF.net regularly and go to the other sites for supplemental reading material. Have you tried Heliopolis? A site for general FF and a separate site for mature FF.
                  sigpic

Comment

As for me, I go to FF.net regularly and go to the other sites for supplemental reading material. Have you tried Heliopolis? A site for general FF and a separate site for mature FF.
                    I tried Heliopolis, but could never get things to upload there. I archive at two places now, but have always wondered how many sites there are out there--and what would be the difference in them all.
                    sigpic
                    My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                      What's samandjack.net? Is that another archive? **hurries off to go see**

What's the benefit of archiving work in several different sites?
                      You can check out samandjack.net here, and see what you think.

Comment

there used to be a LOT Of sites. But they've slowly died over the years. Helio used to be THE archive. The only one out there that took all things gen or het, and area 52 was the home of all things slash.

but new sites have opened...largely because helio and area 52 used to be a 'mail the fic to us and we'll put it up for you' site. And there'd be a huge delay and people would get impatient and frustrated wiht a week or more of a delay (samandjack.net, the origianl one, once went 2 years between updates)

ff.net is popular because it's all self upload and immediate and not as buggy as helio's uploader.

some folks still archive on the other sites cause, well according to the TOS, you can't put adult stuff on ff.net (folks do, but they shouldn't), there's samandjack.net for s&j adult stuff, leaving helio 2 or your personal archive for adult stuff of any other pairing.

I'll put my fic on my site, or ff.net,a nd if it's suitable and I remmber samandjack.net and then helio

usually the only feedback i get is off ff.net and samandjack.net
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                          Annerbs fics at samandjack.net
                          I don't think all her fics are listed here but thought you might like this anyways.
                          I just read the seven stories Annerb posted here and they are gems. A couple of character death stories with an insightful look into Jack O'Neill's mind. "Not complex," he once said about himself? No way! I usually avoid stories with major character deaths but I took a chance with Annerb and was glad I did.
                          sigpic

Comment

I only post my stuff at ff.net, and that's really only for two reasons.

1. I have NO spare time and just barely manage to squeeze in my writing/posting as it is now

2. When I first "found" Stargate fanfic I was unable, despite many, many attempts, to get SJAlways (or SJ.net), whatever it is to put up my stuff but had no luck. And...for the longest time I couldn't give feedback there.

Another reason, I guess, is that I was around when ff.net was started (and can probably even find my original invite and the announcements about it). I'm a wee bit loyal.

Oh, wait. Thinking about it, my X-Files fic is at Gossamer, only because "back in the day," when you'd post to the ATXF or ATXFC (alt.tv.x-files or alt.tv.x-files.creative) you'd put in your disclaimer, "okay to archive at..." and the archivists would automatically pull it. This was BEFORE ff.net!

Oh, I could go on. This interest in multiple fanfic archives actually fueled my Master's thesis. Yes...I'm a geek.

Got somethin' to say 'bout that? Say hello to my little friend:

Hmmm, I think I made a halfhearted attempt to post some fic at amandatapping.com, but the site had issues, so I gave up. Someday, though, Amanda will know my name. grin.
                            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

I remember that Heliopolis was the first site where I found fanfic (years ago, when I first got into SG-1). But I like the format at FF.net better, and have built up quite a happy little following there, which is shocking. I'm still amazed that anyone wants to read this stuff.

Anyhow.

I don't get nearly the response from the other site where I archive--I think it's because I don't write smut. Anything "randy" there gets a ton of attention, regardless of quality. It's a little annoying. (And yes, I know I'm kind of snobby that way.)

And we write for ourselves, and blah blah blah, but it's more motivating when others follow along.

I think I'm with you, Pol, on the time thing. Especially now that the kids are out of school--that will seriously cut down on my computer time. . .

Thanks for your responses, all of you! I really do appreciate it.
                              sigpic
                              My Stories AO3

Comment

Heliopolis was my first fanfiction place of contact but I reckon it's kinda gone down hill somewhat over the last 2 years. A lot of fics are missing and it's harder to find them. Updating a service does not necessarily mean it will be function better or be easier to navigate.
                                Another place I visit occasionally is this one:
                                The Stargate Novel Archive
                                and this one:
                                The Alpha Gate Archive
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X