No announcement yet.

Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, I'm sure someone rec'd this back when I asked for S/J stranded fics (always looking for more btw ) but I can't for the life of me remember which story it was and I forgot to favorite it

The basics of the story are: Sam and Jack get stuck in a different part of the Gate system and there is a single planet where there are two different gates, where one leads back to the gate system that will get them home. They are both injured and are transported through both of those gates to be used as slaves. They pretend to be married to stay together, most of the people in the other system speak Ancient, when they do get married it becomes obvious that they weren't before, ... I can give more details if needed but right now I don't want to spoil too much for those that haven't read it (and I really hope that I'm not mixing a few different storied up here )
    sigpic
    Stargate Distinguished Service Medal

sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Cort View Post
      Alright, I'm sure someone rec'd this back when I asked for S/J stranded fics (always looking for more btw ) but I can't for the life of me remember which story it was and I forgot to favorite it

The basics of the story are: Sam and Jack get stuck in a different part of the Gate system and there is a single planet where there are two different gates, where one leads back to the gate system that will get them home. They are both injured and are transported through both of those gates to be used as slaves. They pretend to be married to stay together, most of the people in the other system speak Ancient, when they do get married it becomes obvious that they weren't before, ... I can give more details if needed but right now I don't want to spoil too much for those that haven't read it (and I really hope that I'm not mixing a few different storied up here )
      The Odyssey by Carhop

Comment

Originally posted by Maine_Girl View Post
        The Odyssey by Carhop
        You can find it here.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Maine_Girl View Post
          The Odyssey by Carhop
          Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
          You can find it here.
          Thank you both
          sigpic

sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
            I think the first one could be character by Shiny Silver Girl?
            Thank you so much for the link!! It's really a great story
            sigpic

Comment

I'm impatiently waiting for an influx of ficlet tags based on SGU's episode last night so, writers, get to it, will ya!
              sigpic
              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                I'm impatiently waiting for an influx of ficlet tags based on SGU's episode last night so, writers, get to it, will ya!
                Hey I did mine already LOL Self-pimp Command Decisions

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                  Hey I did mine already LOL Self-pimp Command Decisions
                  I know. I saw it I'm waiting impatiently for more. LOL! I've already told Pol she needs to do one.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                    I know. I saw it I'm waiting impatiently for more. LOL! I've already told Pol she needs to do one.

Her and Jenn!

Comment

I have to say I enjoyed your fic Nyaeve! It was nice to read about the scene as I don't watch SG-U.
                      sigpic
                      Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Also, I was wondering if anyone know of any other S/J stranded fics. So far I have read Twilight, As the World Doesn't Turn, Samanthat Full of Grace, The Secret Lives of Pandas all of which are great and definately rec them if you haven't read them yet. I'm sure that there are others I have read but those are the ones I remember off the top of my head, and well I just can't get enough of them which is why I'm hoping that there are some that I have missed
                        I've read all of those, and they're great. There's also one called Exile, by Bastet, that's excellent. But I can't seem to find it online. Anyone else know how to locate it? I thought I downloaded it from Gateworld's fanfic...but now I can't find the archive either.

Obviously, I'm confused. Time away from Gateworld isn't good for you!

BTW, as a result of my long absence, I've just spent over two hours catching up on this thread!!! I've downloaded about 20 stories for the e-reader...and I've saved other links in a Word doc to follow up on later. Thanks, ladies. Lots of great reading lies ahead for me, thanks to you!
                        Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 05 June 2010, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                          I've read all of those, and they're great. There's also one called Exile, by Bastet, that's excellent. But I can't seem to find it online. Anyone else know how to locate it? I thought I downloaded it from Gateworld's fanfic...but now I can't find the archive either.

Obviously, I'm confused. Time away from Gateworld isn't good for you!

BTW, as a result of my long absence, I've just spent over two hours catching up on this thread!!! I've downloaded about 20 stories for the e-reader...and I've saved other links in a Word doc to follow up on later. Thanks, ladies. Lots of great reading lies ahead for me, thanks to you!
                          Welcome back
                          sigpic

sig by me

Comment

Found the link too...

Exile by Bastet
                            sigpic

sig by me

Comment

OMG! I'm just catching up on some of these recs (ooh RL is annoying) but whoever rec'd Rocket Fuel.... how beautifully written is that?! *sigh*

Comment

Found the link too...

Exile by Bastet
                                That was pretty good. Did this author write anything else?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X