Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blame It on the Tinsel.

I love the Risk game scene.

And I must admit that I read the final chapter of one of my own from time to time because it makes me happy. I know--how pathetic is that?
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by nell View Post
      Everybody what is your ONE favorite fanfic story of all time that you have read multiple times? I know this is a hard question and I know there are more than myself who read and re-read favorites, so what's yours?
      "Twilight" by Gail Delaney. In fact, pretty much anything by her.

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
      Blame It on the Tinsel.

Yep. Another favorite.

And "Concrete Constellations" by K. Siegfried. Not really a long story, but I love it. Takes place after "Solitudes".

Comment

Blame It on the Tinsel.

And I must admit that I read the final chapter of one of my own from time to time because it makes me happy. I know--how pathetic is that?
        No, I read my own fic too. I have a policy of only writing fic I want to read which means that I'll find myself in the mood for something and I'll go rifling through my own stories. There are a few I can't go back to because they were such long stories (Supposed Crime/Professional Boundaries) that I re-read them ten times while writing them and I haven't gotten to a place where I can look at them again (although others have seemed to enjoy them LOL).

In fact I just got done reading Black & Blue which I wrote with your prompt LOL.

Comment

In fact I just got done reading Black & Blue which I wrote with your prompt LOL.
          With reason! It was really quite awesome!

I don't usually read the whole thing--unless it's one of my shorter ones--but I do find myself reading the final chapters--like the final chapter of my Wizard of Mazd--I read that one a lot.

But there was one years ago that I read a few times--I can't for the life of me remember what it was called. It had Sam being taken captive by a king (I don't think he was Goa'uld) that wanted to use her as a breeder. . .I think. I remember that I went back to that one several times. There was a particularly tingly scene in a closet that I can remember. . .Aw, darnit, now I have to go and find it.

And another one where there were herbs of some sort tossed into a fire that "linked" Jack and Sam--I remember liking that one a lot.

Another to add to my "find" list. And on a day when i don't have time for that, too. *somewhat ironic shippy sigh*
          sigpic
          My Stories AO3

Comment

With reason! It was really quite awesome!

I don't usually read the whole thing--unless it's one of my shorter ones--but I do find myself reading the final chapters--like the final chapter of my Wizard of Mazd--I read that one a lot.

But there was one years ago that I read a few times--I can't for the life of me remember what it was called. It had Sam being taken captive by a king (I don't think he was Goa'uld) that wanted to use her as a breeder. . .I think. I remember that I went back to that one several times. There was a particularly tingly scene in a closet that I can remember. . .Aw, darnit, now I have to go and find it.

And another one where there were herbs of some sort tossed into a fire that "linked" Jack and Sam--I remember liking that one a lot.

Another to add to my "find" list. And on a day when i don't have time for that, too. *somewhat ironic shippy sigh*
            They both sound familiar and I can't imagine people here can't identify them immediately LOL. I think the second one is Xanadu (?). The first one I remember because I was disappointed with it in the end. Can I help that I don't like the "it was all a dream" schtick?

And thanks for the compliment on my fic :: blushes :: I'm always glad that other people enjoy reading what I write.

Comment

They both sound familiar and I can't imagine people here can't identify them immediately LOL. I think the second one is Xanadu (?). The first one I remember because I was disappointed with it in the end. Can I help that I don't like the "it was all a dream" schtick?
              yes--and Xanadu was the second one. I remembered that I didn't like the name much--possibly because I thought that the Olivia Newton John movie was a little lame.

The first one--I don't remember it being a dream, but I would have rolled my eyes at that, too. I think that in the end it was a hallucination ???

And thanks for the compliment on my fic :: blushes :: I'm always glad that other people enjoy reading what I write.
              And you're welcome.
              sigpic
              My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by nell View Post
                Everybody what is your ONE favorite fanfic story of all time that you have read multiple times? I know this is a hard question and I know there are more than myself who read and re-read favorites, so what's yours?
                The Ninth Chevron by JadedFirefly
                sigpic
                The Return of King Arthur
                Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

I know some don't like baby fics, but I adore these two by Janissima:

"A Mother's Love" and "A Father's Determination"

And two by Dietcokechic:

"Seven Days" and "Seven Days - the Return Home"
                  In the first, Sam is seriously injured offworld when she falls through a hole in the ground into a cave, and Jack falls in behind her, but is uninjured and has to care for her for seven days. He is injured during that seven days and Sam has to somehow take care of him until they are found and taken back to the SGC. The second is a follow-up to the first.
                  Last edited by hedwig; 15 May 2010, 03:24 PM. Reason: fixing title of story

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    I know some don't like baby fics, but I adore these two by Janissima:

"A Mother's Love and A Father's Determination"

And two by Dietcokechic:

"Seven Days" and "Return to Xanadu"
                    In the first, Sam is seriously injured offworld when she falls through a hole in the ground into a cave, and Jack falls in behind her, but is uninjured and has to care for her for seven days. He is injured during that seven days and Sam has to somehow take care of him until they are found and taken back to the SGC. The second is a follow-up to the first.
                    Kinda impossible to have ONE all-time favorite story, eh? Well, I'm copying each and every one down for my reading pleasure!!
                    sigpic

Comment

I think the first one could be character by Shiny Silver Girl?
                      That's one I reread. It wasn't a dream, but it wasn't real either. I wasn't dissapointed, because the tingly closet scene was real Wonderful story.

If I have to choose, my favourite (atm) for rereading is "not how I pictured this". Can't link, cause it's adult.
                      sigpic

Comment

Blame It on the Tinsel.

ScarilY, scarily similar. Me too, honestly.

I've also reread Gail Delaney's Twinkle Little Star a few times too and Annerb's As the Gate Turns.

Oh! And one I reread a lot is the War Games and the sequel 38 Weeks Just because I love the initial scene where Carter gets hurt and her "permission to pass out" as he gets her off of the mountainside.
                        Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

I love the funny fics... since this is the fic recs thread and I still can't think of an all time favorite, I thought I'd visit my ff.net page and snurch a few links from my Fave list (which is at 166 stories and counting!)

The Colonel and General Are Sleeping Together by Kate McCaye and *so* not what the title implies. Totally All Ages

Of Studying and Pants by Aoife-hime - it IS a dream which makes it T but it's okay that this one was a dream because it's funny.

Don't Come Knockin' by Sasusc rated T but only because Cam comes to chat with Sam one morning and ends up staying for breakfast... cooked by one General Jack O'Neill.

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                            ScarilY, scarily similar. Me too, honestly.

I've also reread Gail Delaney's Twinkle Little Star a few times too and Annerb's As the Gate Turns.

Oh! And one I reread a lot is the War Games and the sequel 38 Weeks Just because I love the initial scene where Carter gets hurt and her "permission to pass out" as he gets her off of the mountainside.
                            Where can I find those last two stories? I'd like to read them
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Distinguished Service Medal

sig by me

Comment

Awww, ladies, could you please link the linkable stories, especially if you tell that they are "the very best ones"?
                              *sniff*
                              I'm new and I want to read all of them
                              "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                              "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
                                Awww, ladies, could you please link the linkable stories, especially if you tell that they are "the very best ones"?
                                *sniff*
                                I'm new and I want to read all of them
                                Janissima's page on fanfiction.net - she has a bunch of good stories.

Dietcokechic's Seven Days

Gail Delaney's page

Blame it on the Tinsel by Eve8

Comment

Working...
                                X